Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

Spoiler
13 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

@Slice

refining some changes in Clover Suite Builder, to integrate the new Xcode build toolsets added

image.png.db009563f9ad03c2eb3d36cfbc435f5d.png

I installed latest XCode 15 to make a few build tests

While using XCode 14, XCode 13 everything is fine

But with XCode 15 I encountered a few failures building Clover

Anyone experiencing the same?

On fresh install, first failure with Xcode 15 occurs when starting mtoc build

the second occurs during the build process when accessing OCGuardLib/UbsanPrintf

here's where it fails

/Users/labyone/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/UbsanPrintf.c:295:26: error: implicit truncation from 'int' to a one-bit wide bit-field changes value from 1 to -1 [-Werror,-Wsingle-bit-bitfield-constant-conversion]
                    p.lz = 1;
                         ^ ~
/Users/labyone/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/UbsanPrintf.c:298:27: error: implicit truncation from 'int' to a one-bit wide bit-field changes value from 1 to -1 [-Werror,-Wsingle-bit-bitfield-constant-conversion]
                    p.alt = 1;
                          ^ ~
/Users/labyone/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/UbsanPrintf.c:315:20: error: implicit truncation from 'int' to a one-bit wide bit-field changes value from 1 to -1 [-Werror,-Wsingle-bit-bitfield-constant-conversion]
              p.lz = 1;  /* zero-padding */
                   ^ ~
/Users/labyone/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/UbsanPrintf.c:385:23: error: implicit truncation from 'int' to a one-bit wide bit-field changes value from 1 to -1 [-Werror,-Wsingle-bit-bitfield-constant-conversion]
                p.alt = 1;
                      ^ ~
4 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/labyone/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE15/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/OcGuardLib/OUTPUT/UbsanPrintf.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/labyone/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE15/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/OcGuardLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/labyone/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/OcGuardLib.inf [X64, XCODE15, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 13:13:16, Sep.22 2023
Build total time: 00:00:23

Solved both issues and now all build fine using all toolsets (GCC and XCode (all versions I have))

I also updated :

GCC to 13.2 and all dependencies

Gettext

If you want I can eventually upload here the files and patches or I can pull the changes via Git, until I still have the time :)

I also have a problem with XCode 15, unable to compile Clover.

5 hours ago, naiclub said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I also have a problem with XCode 15, unable to compile Clover.

Hi

In the file .../CloverBootloader/BaseTools/Conf/tools_def.template add switch -Wno-single-bit-bitfield-constant-conversion at the end of the line (2903) DEFINE XCODE15_COMMON_FLAGS

and relaunch

DEFINE XCODE15_COMMON_FLAGS      =  -nostdinc -c -Wall -Wextra -include AutoGen.h -fno-ms-extensions -fno-stack-protector -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -mms-bitfields -DSTRING_ARRAY_NAME=$(BASE_NAME)Strings -mno-red-zone -fno-common -fdata-sections -ffreestanding -ffunction-sections -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -m64 -mabi=ms -mcmodel=small -DNO_MSABI_VA_FUNCS -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-deprecated-non-prototype -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -Wno-single-bit-bitfield-constant-conversion

Regards

• Like 1

15 hours ago, matxpa said:

Hi

In the file .../CloverBootloader/BaseTools/Conf/tools_def.template add switch -Wno-single-bit-bitfield-constant-conversion at the end of the line (2903) DEFINE XCODE15_COMMON_FLAGS

and relaunch

DEFINE XCODE15_COMMON_FLAGS      =  -nostdinc -c -Wall -Wextra -include AutoGen.h -fno-ms-extensions -fno-stack-protector -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -mms-bitfields -DSTRING_ARRAY_NAME=$(BASE_NAME)Strings -mno-red-zone -fno-common -fdata-sections -ffreestanding -ffunction-sections -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -m64 -mabi=ms -mcmodel=small -DNO_MSABI_VA_FUNCS -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-deprecated-non-prototype -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -Wno-single-bit-bitfield-constant-conversion

Regards

It's only in Sonoma. that was unable to successfully compile the file, sir

On 9/21/2023 at 9:48 AM, chris1111 said:

@Slice I made commit for nvram2 Clover PKG

nvram2 will be install in /usr/local/bin/

All good build Package Fix permission OK

Thanks for Slice & chris1111's newest commit I can install nvram2 in /usr/local/bin/ and install Modern Wireless of BCM4352 adapter at Sonoma now by Clover 5155.

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 6.31.22 PM.png

• Like 2

@jsl2000

There are users trying to get Fenvi wifi (and others BCM as your 4352) working in Sonoma with Clover, as far as I know blocking IOSkywalkFamily has been given problems.

How do you get your BCM4352 working applying OCLP root patch using Clover? Please explain it and show your config.plist. Thanks!!!

• Like 2

@Slice

Going to try.

Now booting Sonoma as is, without IOSkywalk block and the 3 kexts added.

Sonoma boots fine but I see in System Profiler that Clover is 5149, I'm sure I have latest 5155 commit. Maybe the version number has not changed?

I see last commits (skywalk priority, @chris1111 nvram, HDA renames...) but I can't see something related to IOSkywalk block. However the new setting in config.plist exists.

Edited by miliuco

@Slice

Sonoma boots fine with Clover but when trying to set the wifi settings I don't get success.

• adding the 3 kexts without selecting the IOSkywalk block check box gives a KP saying that IOSkywalkFamily.kext can't be loaded since there is another kext with the same name (this is as expected)
  • clicking the IOSkywalk check box gives an early KP (only a few lines in verbose), see attached image.
Spoiler

kp.thumb.jpeg.568e663c274f2bd62a7aee0222aad1af.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, miliuco said:

@jsl2000

There are users trying to get Fenvi wifi (and others BCM as your 4352) working in Sonoma with Clover, as far as I know blocking IOSkywalkFamily has been given problems.

How do you get your BCM4352 working applying OCLP root patch using Clover? Please explain it and show your config.plist. Thanks!!!

I apply OCLP which was modified and can patch Modern Wireless at Sonoma via OpenCore 0.9.4

My config.plist of Clover 5155 was attached here for your reference.

But I don't know how to keep boot-args after booted by Clover.

If I need run OCLP booted by Clover, I need run Terminal command sudo nvram boot-args="amfi=0x80" at first.

No such an issue for UEFI booted Clover which only happened to Legacy booted Clover in my hackintoshs !

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jsl2000 said:

I apply OCLP which was modified and can patch Modern Wireless at Sonoma via OpenCore 0.9.4

My config.plist of Clover 5155 was attached here for your reference.

If I need run OCLP booted by Clover, I need run Terminal command sudo nvram boot-args="amfi=0x80" at first.

No such an issue for UEFI booted Clover which only happened to Legacy booted Clover in my hackintoshs !

config.plist 42.09 kB · 1 download

???????? hmmmmmm r u sure with clover? hmmmm

@Slice

Is It Possible To Have A SMBIOS Depending On macOS Version?

i.e  If I'm TRYING To Load Snow Leopard, Then Clover Adjusts Itself With The Right SMBIOS To Load It

Could Be A Killer Feature

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, galisrule said:

???????? hmmmmmm r u sure with clover? hmmmm

Config posted above is from Clover

It has the block applied and also a weird CsrActiveConfig value of 0xfef (OCLP developer advice to use 0x0803)

It could be interesting to see the entire EFI used, but i think also that many users are saying that system hangs with a kp if the block is not used and also it hangs before if the block is used

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

I apply OCLP which was modified and can patch Modern Wireless at Sonoma via OpenCore 0.9.4.

No such an issue for UEFI booted Clover which only happened to Legacy booted Clover in my hackintosh.

About Sonoma wifi: Checking your config.plist I only see the BlockSkywalk true (checkbox marked) and the sip value. I suppose you have also the 3 required kexts added in your Kexts folder (Other or 14 folder?). Then, with SkyWalk=true and the kexts added into the folder are you able to boot macOS and apply root patch? I try the same settings but every time I enable BlockSkywalk checkbox I get an early kernel panic.

About nvram: maybe your emulated nvram is not working well when you boot on legacy mode.

Booting legacy and typing in Terminal "nvram -p" (without quotes) or in the NVRAM tab of Hackintool you must see all the boot args included in the Clover config.plist, now they are "-v -lilubetaall -wegnoigpu agdpmod=pikera dart=0 watchdog=0 debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=3 -no_compat_check amfi=0x80 ipc_control_port_options=0" and, if emulated nvram is ok, all of them must be seen in the output. If you don't see all the boot args, something is wrong in the emulated nvram system.

As a try, move amfi=0x80 to an earlier place in the list, e.g. before agdpmod.

Edited by miliuco

1 hour ago, mariosun said:

Config posted above is from Clover

It has the block applied and also a weird CsrActiveConfig value of 0xfef (OCLP developer advice to use 0x0803)

It could be interesting to see the entire EFI used, but i think also that many users are saying that system hangs with a kp if the block is not used and also it hangs before if the block is used

Hi @mariosun

For Clover csr-active-config must be 0x803, not 0x0803

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mariosun said:

Thank you @Matgen84have you tried by yourself in Clover bootloader to use 0x803 or 0x0803 and check the sip result?

i did

result is the same.

Problem with WIFI it is also the same

Thank you @mariosun For the moment, I try Aiportitwml (OpenIntelWireless project) for my Intel 9560 ac on Sonoma RC (Clover r5155). OCLP is not needed for this card. I'm waiting Sonoma Release final to test my Fenvi T919 (Broadcom).

For Hackintosh, a similar OpenIntelwireless project but for Broadcom, would be a good solution. OCLP is designed for Unsupported Macs, in my opinion.

I am here to understand why in clover doesnt work.

In opencore Sonoma works after applying suggested instructions (i mean in SONOMA OS)

Clover boots fine in Sonoma also with older version than 5155, but it is not possible to use block feature succesfully to boot Sonoma with the kexts that broadcom wifi needs

I know about openwireless because i have also an Intel wifi (ax210) but it misses many features as airdrop and Continuity instead the fenvi could work as its full functionality only using OCLP

• Like 2

@mariosun

@Matgen84

I am in the same situation. Sonoma boots fine with Clover but it’s impossible to get IOSkywalk blocked. 

Although I am OpenCore user, I'm curious and intrigued about Clover and the settings required by Sonoma wifi.

I guess we have to wait for @Slice to see what the reason could be and how to fix it.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@mariosun

@Matgen84

I am in the same situation. Sonoma boots fine with Clover but it’s impossible to get IOSkywalk blocked. 

Although I am OpenCore user, I'm curious and intrigued about Clover and the settings required by Sonoma wifi.

I guess we have to wait for @Slice to see what the reason could be and how to fix it.

I can't boot Sonoma. But IOSkywalk seems to be blocked (see log files). Wait and see @Slice

• Like 1

@Matgen84

I can boot Sonoma without the wifi settings. 

I see in the log that IOSkywalk seems to be blocked. But it’s blocked after adding the 3 kexts. Maybe this must be the other way around, first the block before the addition. Waiting for @Slice

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, matxpa said:

Hi

and relaunch

Regards

2566-09-2705_44_31.png.3053c4d69bb68f548571f6085055a722.png

Hey like this or not? Thank you.

Spoiler

In summary, it worked, thank you very much.

Edited by naiclub