Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Allan said:

Thank you Hervé

It would be nice to get native NVRam with Clover. It's really weird, 'cause I have native NVRam with OC, and Clover have OC integrations...:wacko::frantics:

It's really strange. Native NVRAM works due to Openruntime.efi and the quirk AvoidRuntimeDefrag=true.

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Hi,

It's been a long time that I don't have the battery tab in energy saver settings on my laptop.

I've read about setting system-type to 2 in /Library//Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. Doesn't work.

1) Could you check if you have that battery tab in energy saver if you have a laptop ?

2) Anyone know how to get it back ?

Thanks.

This is FACP responsibility: newFadt->PreferredPmProfile

See, trace or debug what is wrong on your side.

I have another question to you.

When I choose "config-2.plist" in GUI then it will be loaded and applied... When? Isn't too late?

Can we restart Clover almost from initial but with new name "config-2.plist" stored somewhere? Or, for example restart after construct_globals_objects().

I just don't see where config.plist was read.

There is also newFadt->Header.Revision = EFI_ACPI_4_0_FIXED_ACPI_DESCRIPTION_TABLE_REVISION;

that influences on system-type.

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:14 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Send me your efi. If I can reproduce, I'll fix.

On 11/26/2021 at 11:34 AM, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Jief_Machak the tag 4 error has been happening for a long time, and even on the last commits. I upload the old CLOVERX64.efi commit c10a0b7, to reproduce the warning issue.

Hi @Jief_Machak as @Matgen84 reports it's been there for quite some time.

If you try to even click on the same config.plist you load by default i.e. not change in the list, you still get that tag:4 warning (I refer to the config choosing menus in Clover options in boot-time).

It is not related to configurations, I believe, but some other residue check that's causing the error.

Nevertheless, here is again my config (with removed serials) for your testing.

Again, try selecting on your own Clover options the loaded main config -- you will get the error.

Unless there's something that we all missed in config as a parameter and keep using it LOL :D:D
Merci encore!

config-removed-serials.plist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Slice In the latest build of Clover, the comment to the build is "take into account CometLake CI #349"

Can you explain what changed for CometLake?

Thanks

I don't remember details but when you use connectorless frame for IGPU then Clover make additional tuning. Now for CometLake IGPU 0x9BC80003 as well.

I am not sure if it is right but my Skylake graphics works with it.

8 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Hi,

It's been a long time that I don't have the battery tab in energy saver settings on my laptop.

I've read about setting system-type to 2 in /Library//Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. Doesn't work.

1) Could you check if you have that battery tab in energy saver if you have a laptop ?

Thanks.

Hi have Battery working on energy saver settings, also in the the top Bar in my HP Probook 6570b

Works on my laptop with DSDT patch battery Lilu.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext

I know Slice VoodooBatery also woks but not test for now

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Yes i have it on my T420 with Catalina.

do you have a Battery Device? with patches etc?

$ ioreg -l|grep -i bat|grep -v HID|grep -v Stat

| +-o BAT0  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, id 0x10000016e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (21585 ms), retain 8>

| | +-o AppleSmartBatteryManager  <class AppleSmartBatteryManager, id 0x1000001e4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 7>

| |   |   "IOClass" = "AppleSmartBatteryManager"

| |   |   "CFBundleIdentifier" = "org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager"

Hello to all. I was running the clover plist validator and got the following warning: invalid NULL char at offset 6910. Replace by a space.

Where in the config file I should fix this / how do I know where to fix this warning in the config file?

Edited by jlrycm

On 11/19/2021 at 11:38 AM, Slice said:

If you will use sleep-wake mode 0 cycle then you may increase flash memory life.

Clover is the best bootloader ever existing which provides sleep-wake capabilities.

What is "sleep-wake mode 0 cycle" and how does one use it?

@Allan Thank you.  I didn't interpret Herve's "I'd say this referred to hibernatemode 0" as definitive (more of a guess).

EDIT: Slice's comment "Clover is the best bootloader ever existing which provides sleep-wake capabilities." makes it appear that this is somehow unique to CLOVER, yet hibernatemode is a macOS construct, independent of the bootloader. "pmset -a hibernatemode 0" is part of my standard config for a hack.

EDIT2: I'll interpret Slice's "Thumbs up" on the next post as confirmation of "hibernatemode 0" and other pmsettings.

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

@Allan Thank you.  I didn't interpret Herve's "I'd say this referred to hibernatemode 0" as definitive (more of a guess).

in addition to the post quoted by @Allan  , I prepare my system ready like this by terminal command :

sudo pmset autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset powernap 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0
sudo pmset proximitywake 0

(these commands are taken from another guide)

Tested with Clover 5142 , works fine for me.

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Hello to all. I was running the clover plist validator and got the following warning: invalid NULL char at offset 6910. Replace by a space.

Where in the config file I should fix this / how do I know where to fix this warning in the config file?

open your config.plist with some hex-editor to see invisible characters.

• Like 2

Suggestion: Rename Feature: GUI > PlayAsync to PlaySimult

"Async" is really not the correct term used here. And in the context of audio, if something is asynchronous, it's mostly always bad.

The default playback mode of the chime is sequential: chime first, then boot sequence

Enabling "PlayAsync" plays the bootchime simultaneously to the ongoing boot sequence – but that's not asynchronous, it's non-sequential or parallel.

In other words: Asynchronous doesn't really describe what is going on here and has a negative connotation in regards to audio.

On 12/4/2021 at 3:56 AM, Slice said:

open your config.plist with some hex-editor to see invisible characters.

Hi, Slice:

I need your help to fix my sleep/wake issue by Clover 5142 in Asus B85M-G hackintoshs.

All of my other 10 hackintoshs had no such an issue by Clover 5142 or OpenCore 0.7.5.

No such an issue in Windows 11 or 10 either.

Signature: MB ASUS B85M-G; GPU Intel HD 4600; DRAM 1600MHz DDR3 16GB

When I try to force it sleep it always automatically wake up about 5~10 sec after screen off.

Change SMBIOS to iMac17,1 or iMac19,1 not working to fix it.

Add SSDT-GPRW.aml, SSDT-UPRW.aml neither working.

Patch ACPI 06/0D in vain too.

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 8.23.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 8.24.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 8.24.26 AM.png

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000

On 11/27/2021 at 5:21 AM, MacKonsti said:

Hi @Jief_Machak as @Matgen84 reports it's been there for quite some time.

If you try to even click on the same config.plist you load by default i.e. not change in the list, you still get that tag:4 warning (I refer to the config choosing menus in Clover options in boot-time).

It is not related to configurations, I believe, but some other residue check that's causing the error.

Nevertheless, here is again my config (with removed serials) for your testing.

Again, try selecting on your own Clover options the loaded main config -- you will get the error.

Unless there's something that we all missed in config as a parameter and keep using it LOL :D:D
Merci encore!

config-removed-serials.plist 11.25 kB · 0 downloads

Unfortunately, I don't have that bug when I select either the same or another config.

So :

1) try with the latest build

2) remove your serials if you want to, and check that the bug is still there

3) remove all the logs in misc, except the last one when the problem occurs

4) send me the whole CLOVER folder

Edited by Jief_Machak

On 11/21/2021 at 9:23 AM, matxpa said:

Hi.

No this Warning isn't related to Bios Version and Release Date from SMBIOS

Bios Version and Release Date (and Efi Version) Warnings were fixed with commits 07b993b and e036b3d in r5141.

"Warning : 'Tag 4' was already defined. Previous value ignored."  results from ACPI DSDT Fixes check in  rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_ACPI_DSDT.cpp lines 31 or 46

rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_ACPI_DSDT.cpp:31:          xmlLiteParser->addWarning(true, S8Printf("Tag '%s:%d' was already defined. Previous value ignored.", xmlPath.c_str(), keyPos.getLine()));

rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_ACPI_DSDT.cpp:46:          xmlLiteParser->addWarning(true, S8Printf("Tag '%s:%d' was already defined. Previous value ignored.", xmlPath.c_str(), keyPos.getLine()));

This Warning is displayed ONLY when you try to change, select another config file than the default one "config.plist".

Regards

Reveal hidden contents

Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_ACPI_DSDT.cpp:31:          xmlLiteParser->addWarning(true, S8Printf("Tag '%s:%d' was already defined. Previous value ignored.", xmlPath.c_str(), keyPos.getLine()));
Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_ACPI_DSDT.cpp:46:          xmlLiteParser->addWarning(true, S8Printf("Tag '%s:%d' was already defined. Previous value ignored.", xmlPath.c_str(), keyPos.getLine()));

begin :  line 15 
XmlAbstractType& ConfigPlistClass::ACPI_Class::DSDT_Class::ACPI_DSDT_Fixes_Class::parseValueFromXmlLite(XmlLiteParser* xmlLiteParser, const XString8& xmlPath, XBool generateErrors, const XmlParserPosition &keyPos, const char *keyValue, size_t keyValueLength, XBool* keyFound)
{
#ifdef JIEF_DEBUG
  if ( strncmp(keyValue, "FixHeaders", strlen("FixHeaders")) == 0 ) {
    NOP;
  }
#endif
    for ( size_t idx = 0 ; idx < sizeof(ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array)/sizeof(ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[0]) ; idx++ )
    {
      if ( ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].getNewName() && strnIsEqualIC(keyValue, keyValueLength, ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].getNewName()) ) {
        // new name
        if ( ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].oldEnabled.isDefined() ) {
          xmlLiteParser->addWarning(true, S8Printf("Tag '%s:%d' was already defined with the old name '%s'. Previous value ignored.", xmlPath.c_str(), keyPos.getLine(), ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].m_oldName));
          ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].oldEnabled.reset();
        }
        if ( ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].newEnabled.isDefined() ) {
          xmlLiteParser->addWarning(true, S8Printf("Tag '%s:%d' was already defined. Previous value ignored.", xmlPath.c_str(), keyPos.getLine()));
          ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].newEnabled.reset();
        }
        ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].newEnabled.parseFromXmlLite(xmlLiteParser, xmlPath, true);
        ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].setDefined();
        *keyFound = true;
        return ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].newEnabled;
      }else
      if ( ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].m_oldName && strnIsEqualIC(keyValue, keyValueLength, ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].m_oldName) ) {
        // old name
        if ( ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].newEnabled.isDefined() ) {
          xmlLiteParser->addWarning(true, S8Printf("Tag '%s:%d' was already defined with the new name '%s'. Previous value ignored.", xmlPath.c_str(), keyPos.getLine(), ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].getNewName()));
          ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].newEnabled.reset();
        }
        if ( ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].oldEnabled.isDefined() ) {
          xmlLiteParser->addWarning(true, S8Printf("Tag '%s:%d' was already defined. Previous value ignored.", xmlPath.c_str(), keyPos.getLine()));
          ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].oldEnabled.reset();
        }
        ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].oldEnabled.parseFromXmlLite(xmlLiteParser, xmlPath, true);
        ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].setDefined();
        *keyFound = true;
        return ACPI_DSDT_Fixe_Array[idx].oldEnabled;
      }
    }
    *keyFound = false;
    return nullXmlType;
}
end : line 57

What I don't get is why the message is ":4", which means that xmlPath is empty... I need to reproduce to see what's going on inside.

15 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Unfortunately, I don't have that bug when I select either the same or another config.

So :

1) try with the latest build

2) remove your serials if you want to, and check that the bug is still there

3) remove all the logs in misc, except the last one when the problem occurs

4) send me the whole CLOVER folder

Ok, I found it !

Let me see.

NOTE These 4 steps above are not needed anymore for this bug, but in the future, for another bug, please do this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Fixed. Committed. So recompile yourself or try this CloverX64-2021-12-05-09-31-28-eebffc9-jief.zip

I compile from my Clover local repo. After select CloverX64-5142-eebffc9.efi with BLC, there is an error message: Press any text * Hit any key to continue *

So debug.log

Edited by Matgen84

Just now, Matgen84 said:

I compile from my Clover local repo. After my CloverX64-5142-eebffc9.efi, there is an error message: Press any text * Hit any key to continue *

So debug.log

This "Press any text" bug is something that puzzle for a while. I can find that text message anywhere in Clover.

Send me the debug.log, to check if Clover even started. CAUTION : if clover doesn't start at all, you won't have a log. Be careful to not confuse with an old log. Remove all logs before trying.

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

This "Press any text" bug is something that puzzle for a while. I can find that text message anywhere in Clover.

Send me the debug.log, to check if Clover even started. CAUTION : if clover doesn't start at all, you won't have a log. Be careful to not confuse with an old log. Remove all logs before trying.

[Z390 config] I test from an USB pendrive using BLC. At startup,  I press a key to enter in BLC menu. Then I select my CloverX64-5142-eebffc9.efi; there is only BLC menu. I can't boot Clover, so no debug.log
[IvbyBridge] I update Clover to your latest commit (without BLC): no problem.

EDIT:

Temporally solved. I don't know how, it's a mystery 😇

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

@Jief_Machak @Slice

Good afternoon night

I have a question:

- it would be possible to put this code of OpenCore Legacy Patcher in Clover config

I use some Hackintosh that I need to patch to activate the graphics NOT metal

to be able to use this patch we must use an ARG "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" which blocks Micro and Webcam authorizations on Chrome, Edge and more places

with this last code we can use without problems

I use Google Translate but any doubts I can try to use other translate to facilitate

since already thanks

<key>4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14</key>
			<dict>
				<key>DefaultBackgroundColor</key>
				<data>AAAAAA==</data>
				<key>OC_BID</key>
				<string>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</string>
			</dict>

Code Work

<key>4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
			<dict>
				<key>rtc-blacklist</key>
				<data></data>
				<key>OCLP-Settings</key>
				<string>-allow_amfi -allow_fv</string>
				<key>OCLP-Version</key>
				<string>0.3.2</string>
			</dict>

On 12/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Fixed. Committed. So recompile yourself or try this CloverX64-2021-12-05-09-31-28-eebffc9-jief.zip

I tested it and it's fixed

thanks

• Like 2