Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

From time to time I tested boot6 in Qemu and in very rare cases on my main computer. Usually it works in UEFI mode.

Sometime new boot6 is not working and I take older version.

ALL VERSIONS DO THE SAME FUNCTION. It was never changed in functionality. 

I tested the version from 5143. Yes, it is not working in Qemu and I know the bad commit.

Then I tested the version "boot6-replacement". It works again.

What else the question?

In the most cases users do mistakes and claim "it is not working". But I wait some proof for this.

20 hours ago, chris1111 said:

latest commit Update clover build failled

yeah seeing this: -- so seems like more replacements of "Signature" to "SignatureCommon.Signature" are needed.

[SLINK] ConPlatformDxe

[CC] PcatPciRootBridge

[DLINK] ConPlatformDxe

[CC] fsw_efi

[CC] AutoGen

/opt/Source/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/AcpiPatcher.cpp:191:34: error: no member named 'Signature' in 'EFI_ACPI_DESCRIPTION_HEADER'

if (0 == Signature || Table->Signature == Signature) {

~~~~~  ^

/opt/Source/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/AcpiPatcher.cpp:223:34: error: no member named 'Signature' in 'EFI_ACPI_DESCRIPTION_HEADER'

if (0 == Signature || Table->Signature == Signature) {

~~~~~  ^

Building ... /opt/Source/Clover/FileSystems/GrubFS/src/UDF.inf [X64]

/opt/Source/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/AcpiPatcher.cpp:244:29: error: no member named 'Signature' in 'EFI_ACPI_DESCRIPTION_HEADER'

CopyMem(&sign[0], &Table->Signature, 4);

~~~~~  ^

/opt/Source/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/AcpiPatcher.cpp:249:33: error: no member named 'Signature' in 'EFI_ACPI_DESCRIPTION_HEADER'

DropTable->Signature = Table->Signature;

~~~~~  ^

/opt/Source/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/AcpiPatcher.cpp:320:31: error: no member named 'Signature' in 'EFI_ACPI_DESCRIPTION_HEADER'

CopyMem(&sign[0], &Table->Signature, 4);

~~~~~  ^

/opt/Source/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/AcpiPatcher.cpp:323:32: error: no member named 'Signature' in 'EFI_ACPI_DESCRIPTION_HEADER'

Edited by tluck
  • Like 3

hello team

Does anyone get the complete installation of Monterey with Clover on PC Legacy?

as I already reported I can't complete a complete installation by Clover on my PC with Legacy bios

the history of the error that presents me here

any solution for me to test?

2 Historique de Programme d’installation 24-Jan-2022.txt

To install Monterey we should have NVRAM working. We can't have it with PC Legacy. And we can't use nvram.plist as workaround.

But I don't know if we can install Monterey by manually choose volume at reboot as follow sequence: Install, Preboot MacOS, and next.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:26 AM, chris1111 said:

latest commit Update clover build failled

I know. Just wait next commit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Slice said:

To install Monterey we should have NVRAM working. We can't have it with PC Legacy. And we can't use nvram.plist as workaround.

But I don't know if we can install Monterey by manually choose volume at reboot as follow sequence: Install, Preboot MacOS, and next.

thank you for the explanation

if you do this step it even goes to the end of install but does not finish and returns the same error!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slice said:

I know. Just wait next commit.

Fix thanks

On 1/26/2022 at 1:31 AM, PG7 said:

hello team

Does anyone get the complete installation of Monterey with Clover on PC Legacy?

as I already reported I can't complete a complete installation by Clover on my PC with Legacy bios

the history of the error that presents me here

any solution for me to test?

2 Historique de Programme d’installation 24-Jan-2022.txt 152.23 kB · 2 downloads

I can confirm that legacy Clover 5141 can update my ASUS P5Q PRO & GA-965P-DS4 two LGA 775 hackintoshs without reboot loop. The config.plist of P5Q PRO was posted for your reference.

But legacy Clover always got reboot loop during update of ASUS P6TSE & M5A (FX-6300) hackintoshs.

Looking forward to the new Clover to fix this issue ASAP.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 11.12.52 AM.png

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000
  • Confused 1

On 1/27/2022 at 4:15 AM, jsl2000 said:

I can confirm that legacy Clover 5141 can update my ASUS P5Q PRO & GA-965P-DS4 two LGA 775 hackintoshs without reboot loop. The config.plist of P5Q PRO was posted for your reference.

But legacy Clover always got reboot loop during update of ASUS P6TSE & M5A (FX-6300) hackintoshs.

Looking forward to the new Clover to fix this issue ASAP.

hello 

how do you outline this ?

On 1/25/2022 at 7:44 PM, Slice said:

here I have two that I can't pass the step without a firmware error where even with the SMBIOSiMac17,1 it goes around

* with OpenCore I can install and update them in Legacy

Edited by PG7

On 1/28/2022 at 9:05 PM, PG7 said:

hello 

how do you outline this ?

here I have two that I can't pass the step without a firmware error where even with the SMBIOSiMac17,1 it goes around

* with OpenCore I can install and update them in Legacy

I'll test it with enabled telemetrap.kext  in P6TSE to see whether's any chance to fix it.

[Edit]

Enabled telemetrap.kext  in P6TSE can not fix this reboot loop issue !

I think it need newer Clover to solve it.

[Edit on 2022-01-30]

Good news: ProvideCurrentCpuInfo Quirk could be enabled in my FX-6300 hackintoshs by legacy Clover 5144 now, that means it can use brief kernel patches as in my Ryzen 1700X hackintoshs.

Although Clover 5144 includes ProvideCurrentCpuInfo Quirk, I found it can not fix reboot loop issue in my P6TSE & FX-6300 as well as Z97 hackintoshs yet booted by legacy Clover 5144.

Edited by jsl2000

is this something in my environment? python3 is 3.9.10

build.py...

: error C0DE: Unknown fatal error when processing [/opt/Source/Clover/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcDebugLogLibOc2Clover/OcDebugLogLibOc2Clover.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]]

(Please send email to devel@edk2.groups.io for help, attaching following call stack trace!)

(Python 3.9.10 on darwin) Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2582, in Main

MyBuild.Launch()

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2379, in Launch

self._MultiThreadBuildPlatform()

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2216, in _MultiThreadBuildPlatform

Wa, self.BuildModules = self.PerformAutoGen(BuildTarget,ToolChain)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2105, in PerformAutoGen

CmdListDict = self._GenFfsCmd(Wa.ArchList)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2002, in _GenFfsCmd

GenFfsDict = GenFds.GenFfsMakefile('', GlobalData.gFdfParser, self, ArchList, GlobalData)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/GenFds.py", line 542, in GenFfsMakefile

FvObj.AddToBuffer(Buffer=None, Flag=True)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/Fv.py", line 127, in AddToBuffer

FileName = FfsFile.GenFfs(MacroDict, FvParentAddr=BaseAddress, IsMakefile=Flag, FvName=self.UiFvName)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/FfsInfStatement.py", line 518, in GenFfs

InputSectList, InputSectAlignments = self.__GenComplexFileSection__(Rule, FvChildAddr, FvParentAddr, IsMakefile=IsMakefile)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/FfsInfStatement.py", line 969, in __GenComplexFileSection__

SectList, Align = Sect.GenSection(self.OutputPath, self.ModuleGuid, SecIndex, self.KeyStringList, self, IsMakefile = IsMakefile)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/EfiSection.py", line 218, in GenSection

GenFdsGlobalVariable.GenerateSection(OutputFile, [], 'EFI_SECTION_USER_INTERFACE',

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/GenFdsGlobalVariable.py", line 462, in GenerateSection

SectionData.fromstring(Ui.encode("utf_16_le"))

AttributeError: 'array.array' object has no attribute 'fromstring'

9 hours ago, tluck said:

is this something in my environment? python3 is 3.9.10

build.py...

: error C0DE: Unknown fatal error when processing [/opt/Source/Clover/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcDebugLogLibOc2Clover/OcDebugLogLibOc2Clover.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]]

(Please send email to devel@edk2.groups.io for help, attaching following call stack trace!)

(Python 3.9.10 on darwin) Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2582, in Main

MyBuild.Launch()

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2379, in Launch

self._MultiThreadBuildPlatform()

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2216, in _MultiThreadBuildPlatform

Wa, self.BuildModules = self.PerformAutoGen(BuildTarget,ToolChain)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2105, in PerformAutoGen

CmdListDict = self._GenFfsCmd(Wa.ArchList)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/BinWrappers/PosixLike/../../Source/Python/build/build.py", line 2002, in _GenFfsCmd

GenFfsDict = GenFds.GenFfsMakefile('', GlobalData.gFdfParser, self, ArchList, GlobalData)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/GenFds.py", line 542, in GenFfsMakefile

FvObj.AddToBuffer(Buffer=None, Flag=True)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/Fv.py", line 127, in AddToBuffer

FileName = FfsFile.GenFfs(MacroDict, FvParentAddr=BaseAddress, IsMakefile=Flag, FvName=self.UiFvName)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/FfsInfStatement.py", line 518, in GenFfs

InputSectList, InputSectAlignments = self.__GenComplexFileSection__(Rule, FvChildAddr, FvParentAddr, IsMakefile=IsMakefile)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/FfsInfStatement.py", line 969, in __GenComplexFileSection__

SectList, Align = Sect.GenSection(self.OutputPath, self.ModuleGuid, SecIndex, self.KeyStringList, self, IsMakefile = IsMakefile)

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/EfiSection.py", line 218, in GenSection

GenFdsGlobalVariable.GenerateSection(OutputFile, [], 'EFI_SECTION_USER_INTERFACE',

File "/opt/Source/Clover/BaseTools/Source/Python/GenFds/GenFdsGlobalVariable.py", line 462, in GenerateSection

SectionData.fromstring(Ui.encode("utf_16_le"))

AttributeError: 'array.array' object has no attribute 'fromstring'

./ebuild.sh -clean

./buildme

• Like 1

Do you guys have any idea why the 12.2 update won't show up?

Here is my config. I've set HWtarget to j160, tried x86legacy too, but that did not help, still the same. What else should I change? Maybe delete MLB and ROM?

The fun fact is that I was able to update from 12.0.1 to 12.1 just fine without using HWtarget or any other setting.

272649844_397866135446587_3340231833308547626_n.thumb.png.a174dc3b0913c08a60ea696be87c9d34.png

Spoiler

272357656_423632092874275_2296935736264880031_n.thumb.png.d4d42965a466b2434ab54f954b8e56ce.png

It's a Lenovo X1 Extreme with MacBookPro15,3 SMBIOS. 

The same is happening on my X1 Carbon 6th with MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS

Edited by kushwavez

On 1/26/2022 at 1:30 AM, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

In Clover, please support Kernel/Quirks/ProvideCurrentCpuInfo, which has increased with OpenCore.
I am not sure if E-Core is already working on Alder lake in Clover.

I see that Clover 5144 has commits which are related to ProvideCurrentCpuInfo. Is that the version which supports all cores and threads with Alder Lake?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Do you guys have any idea why the 12.2 update won't show up?

Here is my config. I've set HWtarget to j160, tried x86legacy too, but that did not help, still the same. What else should I change? Maybe delete MLB and ROM?

The fun fact is that I was able to update from 12.0.1 to 12.1 just fine without using HWtarget or any other setting.

272649844_397866135446587_3340231833308547626_n.thumb.png.a174dc3b0913c08a60ea696be87c9d34.png

Reveal hidden contents

It's a Lenovo X1 Extreme with MacBookPro15,3 SMBIOS. 

The same is happening on my X1 Carbon 6th with MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS

Wrong value.

You have to set J160AP. 

2 hours ago, etorix said:

I see that Clover 5144 has commits which are related to ProvideCurrentCpuInfo. Is that the version which supports all cores and threads with Alder Lake?

I also want to know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Thanks @Slice, immediately popped up after that.

Anyways, where did this value come from?

The information collected by @Gradou. Big thanks!

MacBookPro 15,1 (J680AP) 15,2 (J132AP) 15,3 (J780AP) & 15,4 (J213AP)
MacBookPro16,1 (J152FAP) 16,3 (J223AP) & 16,4 (J215AP
MacBookPro16,2 (J214kAP)  //small k
MacBookAir8,1 (J140KAP) & 8,2 (J140AAP)
MacBookAir9,1 (J230KAP)
Macmini8,1 (J174AP)
iMac20,1 (J185AP) & 20,2 (J185FAP)
iMacPro1,1 (J137AP)
MacPro7,1 (J160AP)

I am not sure about "small k" and same in other cases, for example J185fAP.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hi all! How can I translate the attached OC patch to clover? Thank you!

1.png

You may try mine.

But I find it can not fix reboot loop issue by legacy Clover 5144 yet.

I had extensive testing it in legacy Clover 5144:

In P6TSE it can get successful Mackintosh HD for the first reboot only and the second & third reboot need OpenCore to complete the whole update at Monterey.

In my FX-6300 and Z97 hackintoshs no any success at all !

Looking forward to the newer Clover to fix it ASAP !

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000

9 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

You may try mine.

But I find it can not fix reboot loop issue by legacy Clover 5144 yet.

I had extensive testing it in legacy Clover 5144:

In P6TSE it can get successful Mackintosh HD for the first reboot only and the second & third reboot need OpenCore to complete the whole update at Monterey.

In my FX-6300 and Z97 hackintoshs no any success at all !

Looking forward to the newer Clover to fix it ASAP !

config.plist 47.19 kB · 1 download

Thank you! But "Force IOGetVMMPresent" doesn't boot in the form you put it.

7 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Thank you! But "Force IOGetVMMPresent" doesn't boot in the form you put it.

For debug please post your signature and error screen.

My config.plist can be booted by  at least 5 hackintoshs without any issue except reboot loop during Monterey update.