- Monterey 12
- BigSur 11.6

- Windows10

"the others don't need Graphic Patch"

Spoiler

(6)

ASUS A4310-BB020T All In One

i5-4590T (origin i3-4160T)

HD4600 - (Problem icons HD4400 chang processor (Metal)

8go Memory DDR3 1600
SSD 240Go  

system multiboot Clover r5142 UEFI
- Monterey 12

- Windows11

(7)

Asus V241ICUK-WA081T (Vivo-Zen) All In One

i3-6006u

HD520 (Metal)

8go Memory DDR4 2400
SSD 500Go  

- Monterey 12

- Windows11

(8)

HP ENVY 23-K135NF Recline TouchSmart All In One

i5-4590T

HD4600 + (Nvidia 730A disabled DSDT "Optimus") (Metal)

16Go Memory DDR3 1600
SSD 500Go + M.2 128Go 

- Monterey 12
- BigSur 11.6

- Windows10

(9)

Lenovo Thinkcentre M810z 10NY-0016FR All In One

i3-7100

HD630 (Metal)

8go Memory DDR4 2400
SSD 500Go  

- Monterey 12

- Windows11

(10)

Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN

i5-8250U

UHD 620 (Metal)

8go Memory DDR4 2400
NVMe 256Go  

- Monterey 12

- Windows11

(11)

HP Elitebook 820 G2

i5-5300U VPro

HD5500 (Metal)

16Go de Memory DDR3 1600
SSD 250Go 

- Monterey 12

- Windows 10

(12)

HP Proliant ML110 G6

Intel Xeon x3450

Radeon R9 270X 4Go (Metal)

10Go Memory DDR3 1333
HDD 500Go x 2

system multiboot Clover r5118 Legacy
- Catalina 

- Windows10

(13)

HP DV6 1340sf

Core2Duo P7450

Ati Radeon 4650 (No Metal)

4Go Memory DDR3
HDD 300Go 

system multiboot Clover r5140 Legacy
- BigSur 11.6
- Catalina 10.15.7
- High Sierra 10.13
(Problem Chip ATI !!!)

(14)
Asus Z92JC-Q073H
Core  T2250 (32 bits)

Quadro NVS 110M/GeForce Go 7300
2Go Memory DDR
HDD IDE 80Go

system multiboot Clover r3577 Legacy 32bits
- Snow Leopard 10.6.8 32bits

Spoiler

2049426359_Capturedecran2021-12-07a03_08_02.png.5ebba61be785fc64aeb033fbb04c7001.png

Edited by PG7

Is there any setting that I could have misconfigured to make all animations run twice as fast? Like opening apps from the dock, the “genie” effect isn’t an effect it’s just open and the video on the AppStore that goes for 15 seconds then loops for me runs about 6 seconds then loops. Clover 5142 AMD Ryzen 9 5900x RX6800 xt 32Gb ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, drlove said:

Hi Splice & Jeff, 

I just noticed that OC 0.7.6 was released. Any chance of seeing this update being merged into Clover? Sitting ready with a Z690 and eager to test... 😉 

Best, drlove

And what feature do you steel needed?

Hi Slice,
Thank you for the concern!
OC 0.7.6 is supposed to contain fixes for Alder Lake CPU model infos and a XCPM CPU power mangement ACPI table for Alder Lake. The ProvideConsoleGop quirk is supposed to have fixes as well for Alder Lake.

fixes for Alder Lake CPU model infos 

Already done.

XCPM CPU power mangement ACPI table for Alder Lake.

looks like kernel patch analogous to existing patch for other non-supported CPUs. I may look but not now.

The ProvideConsoleGop quirk is supposed to have fixes as well for Alder Lake.

??? ConsoleGop is not depending on CPU.

Anyway these patches will not appear in Clover if just update OC to 0.7.6.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, drlove said:

I just noticed that OC 0.7.6 was released. Any chance of seeing this update being merged into Clover? Sitting ready with a Z690 and eager to test... 😉

@MaLd0n has published a Clover EFI for Z690.

"XCPM" refers to their SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml which defines suitable processors for OS X and attaches power management. You can just use this SSDT with Clover, or use my own SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml. Just go ahead for your build with the current version of Clover.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, etorix said:

@MaLd0n has published a Clover EFI for Z690.

"XCPM" refers to their SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml which defines suitable processors for OS X and attaches power management. You can just use this SSDT with Clover, or use my own SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml. Just go ahead for your build with the current version of Clover.

Thanks!

The update infos from Dortania must be misleading then 🤔

Still, Clover seems to require a FakeCPUID, OC 0.7.6 doesn't. Not a biggie, but it complicates things for the "audience" 😉 Besides that, as a long time user who appreciate Clover a lot(!), it would be great if it stayed relevant 🙂 

https://dortania.github.io/hackintosh/updates/2021/12/07/acidanthera-december.html

@Slice are you able to take a look on the pre release thread about my clover config and my sped up animations? You were tagged so I’m not sure if you’ve seen it or not.
All my animations are double speed. Clock runs twice as fast as it should.
I posted my config.
Doesn’t happen with OpenCore so it has to be an issue with clover or a setting I have wrong I just don’t know which. Please let me know what you need to diagnose the problem as I want to go back with clover for my amd machine but the double speed is killing it.

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]
it could be TSC Sync

I’ve never played with those settings before. Just don’t understand why it’s all of a sudden happening. My configs are posted in the other thread.

16 hours ago, drlove said:

The update infos from Dortania must be misleading then 🤔

Still, Clover seems to require a FakeCPUID, OC 0.7.6 doesn't. Not a biggie, but it complicates things for the "audience" 😉 Besides that, as a long time user who appreciate Clover a lot(!), it would be great if it stayed relevant 🙂

The December message is not misleading, but it may have been misread.

It states that explicit model support for Alder Lake has been added, together with "XCPM CPU power management" (which refers to SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml, admittedly this part could be clearer) and CpuTopologySync.kext. The message does NOT say that OpenCore 0.7.6 is required to boot Alder Lake, and indeed OpenCore 0.7.5 has been successfully used by the early hackers. Only the SSDT is essential to boot an Alder Lake system, and SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml is an alternative. (I guess I could have advertised it more aggressively in this forum, but no one inquired here about hackintoshing Alder Lake.)

@MaLd0n has proved that Clover works as well for Alder Lake. What's needed is:

• CPU redefinition through SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml, or SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml (different code, similar results, and SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml combines that with OpenCore-style power management);
  • CPU spoofing to a supported model (it's in all published OpenCore config.plist, it's just not called FakeCPUID);
  • disabling either E-cores or hyperthreading in BIOS.

CpuTopologySync.kext adds the option to have P-cores with hyper-threading and half of the E-cores. @vandroiy2012 has a solution in development to have all cores (P+HT+E), but it's not released yet so its nature is unknown.

Edited by etorix
correction
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, etorix said:

The December message is not misleading, but it may have been misread.

It states that explicit model support for Alder Lake has been added, together with "XCPM CPU power management" (which refers to SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml, admittedly this part could be clearer) and CpuTopologySync.kext. The message does NOT say that OpenCore 0.7.6 is required to boot Alder Lake, and indeed OpenCore 0.7.5 has been successfully used by the early hackers. Only the SSDT is essential to boot an Alder Lake system, and SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml is an alternative. (I guess I could have advertised it more aggressively in this forum, but no one inquired here about hackintoshing Alder Lake.)

@MaLd0n has proved that Clover works as well for Alder Lake. What's needed is:

• CPU redefinition through SSDT-CPUR-Z690.aml, or SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml (different code, similar results, and SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml combines that with OpenCore-style power management);
  • CPU spoofing to a supported model (it's in all published OpenCore config.plist, it's just not called FakeCPUID);
  • disabling either E-cores or hyperthreading in BIOS.

CpuTopologySync.kext adds the option to have P-cores with hyper-threading and half of the E-cores. @vandroiy2012 has a solution in development to have all cores (P+HT+E), but it's not released yet so its nature is unknown.

3 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

OC requires too. Configuration.pdf will be updated soon.

Hi Andrey1970 & etorix,

Thanks for taking the time to clarify. You are great!

@etorix There is no such thing as "OpenCore-style CPU Power Management".  SSDT-PLUG-ALT is a ACPI Table from the OpenCore Package by Acidanthera which enables XCPM CPU Power Management for Alderlake CPUs in macOS (aka sets X86PlatformPlugin to "1"). The table would also work in Clover since it address ACPI which is OS-agnostic. It has nothing to do with the Bootmanager you use.

Edited by 5T33Z0

18 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@etorix There is no such thing as "OpenCore-style CPU Power Management".  SSDT-PLUG-ALT is a ACPI Table from the OpenCore Package by Acidanthera which enables XCPM CPU Power Management for Alderlake CPUs in macOS (aka sets X86PlatformPlugin to "1"). The table would also work in Clover since it address ACPI which is OS-agnostic. It has nothing to do with the Bootmanager you use.

I can confirm that SSDT-PLUG-ALT does work with Clover 5142 as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

Hello Developers

It's frustrating that I can't test it on my end.
In Clover, does OpenCore's Kernel/Quirks/ProvideCurrentCpuInfo
is already working on Alder lake?
According to the report, it looks very good because E-core can be used, which reduces the impact on the rest of the OS.
The 12th-gen is still too expensive for me to buy. DDR5 in particular is in short supply in Japan and the price is skyrocketing.
Thank you very much.

@Slice @Jief_Machak

I second the motion. That's confirm utility to update OC Integration to 0.7.6

• Like 1

@Slice Can you help me please.

When i boot with Clover 5142 eebffc9de all of my animations run at double speed.

When i boot with OpenCore system works fine.

AMD system in signature.

Both configs added.

Screen recording of AppStore video speeding through.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 7.23.05 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 7.24.27 pm.png

Clover config.plist OpenCore config.plist

Edited by SavageAUS

On 12/9/2021 at 2:30 AM, Slice said:

Already done.

looks like kernel patch analogous to existing patch for other non-supported CPUs. I may look but not now.

??? ConsoleGop is not depending on CPU.

Anyway these patches will not appear in Clover if just update OC to 0.7.6.

Hi, after update of ASUS CrossHair VI Hero MB's BIOS previously working Clover 5141 always got frozen before login desktop. It seems not related to AMD KernelToPatch ?

Can anyone check my config.plist and give me help to fix it ?

IMG_0310.JPG

config.plist

config-working-5140.1.plist

Edited by jsl2000

@jsl2000 I don't see any obvious differences between the 2 configs. Did you check if you have the latest AMD kernel patches for your cpu and macOS version? You could try to copy the raw text from the old config with Text Mode in Clover Configurator into a new config file and see if this makes a difference.

Edited by 5T33Z0

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@jsl2000 I don't see any obvious differences between the 2 configs. Did you check if you have the latest AMD kernel patches for your cpu and macOS version? You could try to copy the raw text from the old config with Text Mode in Clover Configurator into a new config file and see if this makes a difference.

Thanks and there's difference of KernelToPatch between these two config.plist.

One is from previous working Clover 5140.1 in more complicated patches, the other one is from the newest patches in brief form.

Both were working before update of BIOS, but always got frozen during booting by Clover 5141 or 5142 now.

No such an issue by OpenCore 0.7.5 or 0.7.6 in the same Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

[Solved]

Based upon carlo_67's config.plist with minor modification for my special hardware requirement it can boot Big Sur and Monterey successfully with Clover 5141 again !

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 8.02.09 PM.png

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 3

On 12/11/2021 at 12:15 AM, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

In Clover, does OpenCore's Kernel/Quirks/ProvideCurrentCpuInfo

is already working on Alder lake?

This will require incorporating the appropriate OpenCore 0.7.7 commit into Clover, to get the last version of this quirk and use all threads of Alder Lake (P+E+HT).

There are many Z690 boards which use DDR4 rather than DDR5. Also "small die" Alder Lake (up to 6 P-cores, no E-cores) and the lesser chipsets H670, B660 should be released next month. This will provide cheaper options… as long as you have a suitable dGPU.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, etorix said:

This will require incorporating the appropriate OpenCore 0.7.7 commit into Clover, to get the last version of this quirk and use all threads of Alder Lake (P+E+HT).

There are many Z690 boards which use DDR4 rather than DDR5. Also "small die" Alder Lake (up to 6 P-cores, no E-cores) and the lesser chipsets H670, B660 should be released next month. This will provide cheaper options… as long as you have a suitable dGPU.

https://github.com/acidanthera/CpuTopologySync?fbclid=IwAR1ySqMJ5ej2KSp-VsCiTcqdGOm9CZU6Nzh1WWCod4xtXdB6sc2Hf-9ij-A

Can anyone here please help me. @Slice

I posted a little while ago on a different thread (monterey thread) but i do believe it is a clover issue as opencore works fine.

After not using my AMD hack for a little while i booted up and noticed "fast animations" like the video in the app store that goes for 15 seconds only runs for like 6 seconds on my machine before looping, cursor blink is double speed and the clock widget seconds hand moves twice as fast as it should.

This only happens with Clover and not OpenCore but id prefer to use Clover.

I have attached the configs from both versions to see if anyone can "spot the difference" or tell me whats wrong with my clover setup.

OpenCore 0.7.6 config.plist Clover 5142 config.plist