Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

toleda doesn't allow me to use FixHDA and other Clover ACPI fixes http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308387-el-capitan-realtek-alc-applehda-audio/?p=2228054,and Clover Custom DSDT Patches can't patch Method _PTS,so I decide to use patched DSDT.aml,is it OK?

Just so you know, toleda never said not to use FixHDA.  If you read that post carefully again, you will notice that he actually said he never USED it himself. So he can't advice you on that. This is also the reason why, since it's something specific to Clover, he advised you to post here.

I don't use FixHDA DSDT patch anymore, simply because it's not necessary for my computer. But last time I used it in collaboration with toleda's script to patch audio, nothing bad happened. So...as you wish.

I didn't get the chance to see exactly what was the reason for posting in the Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio thread, but if it's related to that error, I don't think it has anything to do with either FixHDA or toleda's patch. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Without FixHDA_8000, setting "layout-id" from Clover never be injected into your DSDT brother

Just so you know, toleda never said not to use FixHDA.  If you read that post carefully again, you will notice that he actually said he never USED it himself. So he can't advice you on that. This is also the reason why, since it's something specific to Clover, he advised you to post here.

I don't use FixHDA DSDT patch anymore, simply because it's not necessary for my computer. But last time I used it in collaboration with toleda's script to patch audio, nothing bad happened. So...as you wish.

I didn't get the chance to see exactly what was the reason for posting in the Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio thread, but if it's related to that error, I don't think it has anything to do with either FixHDA or toleda's patch. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry,I just wanna try to compare using Clover on the fly patch DSDT and manually patch DSDT.Maybe they are same thing.But I got unstable situation when I use Clover on the fly patch DSDT,so I have to try everything include hardware mod to void this problem.

• Like 1

Without FixHDA_8000, setting "layout-id" from Clover never be injected into your DSDT brother

I assumed manually patched DSDT already contains 'layout-id" as well as many other useful patches.

Some patches must be made dynamically, FixRegion, so using prepatched DSDT doesn't exclude patch by Clover additionally. 

UPDATE: Solved in 3388. That was quick!. Thanks :D

error in compiling 3386 , but still success in making a PKG.

/Users/ellaosx/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c: In function 'PatchTableType133':
/Users/ellaosx/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:1845:11: error: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]
   CopyMem((VOID*)newSmbiosTable.Type133->PlatformFeature, (VOID*)gSettings.PlatformFeature, 8);
           ^
/Users/ellaosx/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/smbios.c:1845:59: error: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]
   CopyMem((VOID*)newSmbiosTable.Type133->PlatformFeature, (VOID*)gSettings.PlatformFeature, 8);
                                                           ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [/Users/ellaosx/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/smbios.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/ellaosx/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC49/IA32/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/ellaosx/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [IA32, GCC49, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 14:59:41, Mar.30 2016
Edited by ellaosx

Tried to install 3388/3389 from Sourceforge. For some reason Clover freezes at blank (black) screen once it tries to boot Mac OS X 10.11.4 partition - I don't even get verbose boot output at all, doesn't even seem to be trying to boot anything. Reinstalling 3368 boots perfectly.  Is there some change or update I need to make in my configuration between 3368 to 3388 to prevent this? I have a legacy BIOS system X58 chipset, X980 CPU.

To be clear, the Clover GUI is coming up just fine in 3388/3389, just after it goes to boot Mac OS X from that point it freezes on a black screen.

• Like 2

Well, nevermind then... I'm out of ideas.

Well it very well could be processor related. i7-980X is based on the Westmere micro-architecture, and alexanderq seems to have a i3-540 which is also Westmere micro-architecture. Might just be coincidence though.