Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Nothing. I'm afraid (by this experience and by googling) the InfoPlistPatch feature is just broken.

I patched the kext by hand. Thanks for your time though.

• Like 1

@arsradu - I'm also using a Dell U2515H monitor. In my case with an Asus Z170 motherboard, and running OS X using Clover. 

Have you checked to see if you have any kind of fastboot enabled in BIOS? Also, in my config.plist I changed the ScreenResolution setting to the U2515's native 2560x1440 and Clover seems to run at native resolution: https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI#gui_screenresolution Like you I'm using a HDMI input. 

hello Sergey how are you?

Please 

what's the correct value to be set in RTVariables-->BooterConfig to have kBootArgsFlagRebootOnPanic disabled?

Actually I have 0x28

Google is a helper

/* Bitfields for boot_args->flags */
#define kBootArgsFlagRebootOnPanic	(1 << 0)
#define kBootArgsFlagHiDPI		(1 << 1)

ok Sergey undertastand 

Sergey, found a dump from a real iMac17,1 (attached) with NVME ssd.

IONVMeFamily.kext appear to have only one device supported, ie pci144d,a804

pci144d,a804 = Samsung NVMe SSD SM1715 Series MZWKI800HMHP (800GB, 2.5-inch)

Apple controller pci106b,2001:

pci106b,2001 = PCI Express SSD

Darwindump iMac17,1+NVME.zip

• Like 1

Thanks, Magnifico! It is very valuable dump.

It's a pity Apple will show only own devices of class  , which is not the device you have.

As well I see no new information in their SMBIOS related to the NVME.

Now I know that Skylake i5-6500 model 0x5E Apple numerate as 0x0605

• Like 1

Thanks, Magnifico! It is very valuable dump.

It's a pity Apple will show only own devices of class <"pci106b,2001","pciclass,018002","SSD0"> , which is not the device you have.

As well I see no new information in their SMBIOS related to the NVME.

Now I know that Skylake i5-6500 model 0x5E Apple numerate as 0x0605

So i need only NVME kext generic for my SSD ? Uff

Yes, and in fact you did it the other way around (it's supposed to change "5" into "0"). In any case, I swapped those Find/Replace values, and it does not work either.

It work with NoCaches at boot time? (I have a suspicion) Also I would like to look at your prelinkedkernel binary under "_PrelinkInfoDictionary"...you can post it?

Sergey, found a dump from a real iMac17,1 (attached)

Is there a dump anywhere of an iMac17,1 w/ a i7-6700K? Seen many dumps of low-end model i5s, etc. but no i7-6700Ks to be found.

2 months and having the same issues. Hoping someone can shed some light. I work 2 jobs so I barely have any time to fix this. I believe I narrowed things down to 2 different issues that may be causing my issue. A little back round. I have a 10.11.2 system that was running and now doesn't.  I have a false/partial 10.11.0 version that I thought was a  full CCC version but apparently it is sharing the drive or something. They did work together until I tried again to get sound to work on 10.11.2.

I think it could be the OSXAPTOFIXDRV... That was showing up in the verbos mode. I am not sure how to access all of the EFI files on my computer. I have a back up of the clover config.plist before I started  testing but now I cant boot into the 10.11.2 version to change it back. Is there a way to navigate to were that efi folder is to swap the config.plist files?

jminrod

mkdir /Volumes/EFI && mount -t msdos /dev/disk(x)s(y) /Volumes/EFI

is the general model - typically x=0 and s=1 -- meaning disk0 and partition 1

so then the proper syntax would be

mkdir /Volumes/EFI && mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

Thanks for the replies guy's. I did get a chance before work to try some of the recommendations but I wasn't having any luck. I took a screen shot and emailed so I could post it here later today but it ended up being too low res read. I did get errors from the terminal. I go the upgrade for EFI Mounter to load and it did show all of my drives. The problem is what ever happened when I tried backing up using the Carbon Copy Cloner has messed all of the normal trial and error things. When I get the EFI folder to mount for the SSD that was running 10.11.2 it shows but its empty and the path shows back to the drive that has 10.11.0 installed. I need the version that is working to keep up with a second job doing some video editing or I would just start over and erase everything. I am hoping that as soon as I get caught up on the videos I can erase and start from scratch.

I will post some photos of errors I was seeing in verbos mode maybe it is just one setting. I think the biggest thing is the settings in the config file of the 10.11.2 install.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m8zbdevw8quxz9/IMG_1131.JPG?dl=0 This is what I was getting last night

https://www.dropbox.com/s/htnqs7o78ro12km/IMG_1138.JPG?dl=0 I was also getting this but I believe this may have been a Bios Change that caused that. This was when I tried to boot to the 10.11.2 non working version. I can not get any USB boot loaders to boot as well, only the 10.11.0 saved version

in Mavericks onward only :P

No! This is ElCapitan 10.11.4 15E64a

This command works fast and correct when I reboot from Maverics to ElCapitan located on different HDD. But I have one EFI partition on first HDD. And I don't know if it be disk0 or disk1.

diskutil knows this better then me

diskutil mount EFI

fine in both cases