Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

What might be the cause of this? Reporting -1Mb VRAM doesn't look right (lines 2-4, 7). Also initially being declared Evergreen family.

0:762  0:000  ATI card POSTed,
0:762  0:000  Set VRAM for Cedar=-1Mb
0:762  0:000  ATI: get_vram_size returned 0xFFF00000
0:762  0:000  ATI Radeon EVERGREEN family
0:762  0:000  Users config name Labrador
0:762  0:000  (AtiPorts) Nr of ports set to: 4
0:762  0:000  ATI Amethyst ATI Radeon R9 M295X -1MB (Labrador) [1002:6938] (subsys [174B:E308]):: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x0)\Pci(0x0,0x0)

Hey, ATI Radeon sources was not changed.

Here there are indentation only differences

--- a/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/ati.c
+++ b/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/ati.c
@@ -1552,12 +1552,12 @@

if (chip_family >= CHIP_FAMILY_RV770)
 	{
-		UINT32 viph_control		= REG32(card->mmio, RADEON_VIPH_CONTROL);
-		UINT32 bus_cntl			= REG32(card->mmio, RADEON_BUS_CNTL);
-		UINT32 d1vga_control		= REG32(card->mmio, AVIVO_D1VGA_CONTROL);
-		UINT32 d2vga_control		= REG32(card->mmio, AVIVO_D2VGA_CONTROL);
+		UINT32 viph_control       = REG32(card->mmio, RADEON_VIPH_CONTROL);
+		UINT32 bus_cntl           = REG32(card->mmio, RADEON_BUS_CNTL);
+		UINT32 d1vga_control      = REG32(card->mmio, AVIVO_D1VGA_CONTROL);
+		UINT32 d2vga_control      = REG32(card->mmio, AVIVO_D2VGA_CONTROL);
 		UINT32 vga_render_control = REG32(card->mmio, AVIVO_VGA_RENDER_CONTROL);
-		UINT32 rom_cntl			= REG32(card->mmio, R600_ROM_CNTL);
+		UINT32 rom_cntl           = REG32(card->mmio, R600_ROM_CNTL);
 		UINT32 cg_spll_func_cntl	= 0;
 		UINT32 cg_spll_status;

Thanks for testing. Just to be clear - it worked b4. I'm trying to reduce the amount of disk access during the "scanning entries" phase in hope of shortening interval to GUI Ready.  B4, what it did is to scan for the sleepimage in any case, and only if it finds that the system is in hibernated state after that test, it checks whether NeverHibernate flag is true in config.plist.  Now it first checks the flag and skips checking the sleepimage if flag is true.

Never Hibernate true or false is works.

• Like 2

Thanks for testing. Just to be clear - it worked b4. I'm trying to reduce the amount of disk access during the "scanning entries" phase in hope of shortening interval to GUI Ready.  B4, what it did is to scan for the sleepimage in any case, and only if it finds that the system is in hibernated state after that test, it checks whether NeverHibernate flag is true in config.plist.  Now it first checks the flag and skips checking the sleepimage if flag is true.

Seems like NeverHibernate=TRUE should be the default setting (rather than having to set it explicitly in config.plist), since I doubt most users regularly put their machines in hibernate mode.

I'm also unclear as to why Clover deems it necessary to check every volume on every storage device during boot, when the boot-device is already set in NVRAM (via 'efi-boot-device-data'). Seems like it could forgo all of that and immediately attempt booting from whatever 'efi-boot-device-data' is set to.

I'm also unclear as to why Clover deems it necessary to check every volume on every storage device during boot, when the boot-device is already set in NVRAM (via 'efi-boot-device-data'). Seems like it could forgo all of that and immediately attempt booting from whatever 'efi-boot-device-data' is set to.

Clover menu exists for the purpose to change default boot volume and settings.

If you want immediately boot without GUI then there are two possibilities:

-- timeout=0

-- Fast=true

Hey, ATI Radeon sources was not changed.

Yeah, this is an old bug (seen it for the last few months). Just neglected to mention it till now.

The VRAM shows normal after boot in About Mac. Only during boot does there appear to be confusion re: VRAM. Unsure as of yet why.

Clover menu exists for the purpose to change default boot volume and settings.

If you want immediately boot without GUI then there are two possibilities:

-- timeout=0

-- Fast=true

I already use Fast=TRUE. Scan=FALSE is also set. Yet the log still clearly shows a stream of pointless scanning, e.g.:

0:187 0:000 found 10 volumes with blockIO

And so forth.

Slice can you help me with AMD CPU? I've tried various versions of Clover and upon selecting OS X drive from within Clover GUI I get a black screen with a solid - in the top left corner. This only happens with El Capitan.

Slice can you help me with AMD CPU? I've tried various versions of Clover and upon selecting OS X drive from within Clover GUI I get a black screen with a solid - in the top left corner. This only happens with El Capitan.

Set Boot->Debug=true and upload debug.log here to see where is the stop.

Here is the log. I've noticed since reinstalling my System Clover doesn't detect my main install on a 2TB drive.

174:988  0:635  RsdPointer is Acpi 1.0 - creating new one Acpi 2.0

This mistake is resolved in Clover 3411 while you have

Starting Clover rev 3389 on CLOVER EFI

Hi Slice,

after r3399 (even on r3420) it is still needed to uncomment the line 2119 on nvidia.c to get the VRAM amount correct for the second graphics card.

// Amount of VRAM in kilobytes (?) no, it is already in bytes!!!
	if (gSettings.VRAM != 0) {
		videoRam = gSettings.VRAM;
	} else {
		videoRam = mem_detect(nvCardType, nvda_dev);
    //    gSettings.VRAM = videoRam;
	}

See this post for the logs.

building package fail due to changes to Description.html, solving with this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css"/>
  <title></title>
  <style type="text/css">
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Times}
    p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Times; color: #0000ee}
    p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Times; min-height: 13.0px}
    span.s1 {font: 10.0px 'Lucida Grande'}
    span.s2 {color: #000000}
    span.s3 {text-decoration: underline}
  </style>
</head>
<body>
<p class="p1"><span class="s1">Clover v2 </span>is open source based on different projects: Clover, rEFIt, XNU, VirtualBox.</p>
<p class="p2"><span class="s2">The main is EDK2 latest revision. <a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/"><span class="s3">http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/</span></a></span></p>
<p class="p3"><br/></p>
<p class="p1"><b>Main features:</b></p>
<p class="p1">- boot into 10.4 - 10.9 OSX, Windows EFI and Linux EFI</p>
<p class="p1">- It's EFI bootloader provides RuntimeServices for OS that impossible for Legacy Bootloaders</p>
<p class="p1">- mostly Clover do automatic detection of hardware and set all properties by default.<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>
<p class="p1"><span class="Apple-converted-space">  </span>But user can change them by config.plist</p>
<p class="p1">- with Clover you may restart into other OS from Startup Disk prefPane</p>
<p class="p1">- UUID written into config.plist will be the same as in OS</p>
<p class="p1">- SMBIOS will be corrected to standard 2.6</p>
<p class="p1">- ACPI will be corrected to standard 4.0.</p>
<p class="p1"><span class="Apple-converted-space">  </span>Custom DSDT will be loaded from booted partition or from EFI folder</p>
<p class="p1">- DSDT patching on the fly by fixes and by patterns</p>
<p class="p1">- customizable RestartFix and sleep/wake fixes and PCIRootUID value</p>
<p class="p1">- Graphics Properties Injector for ATI, NVidia and Intel for wide range of supported cards.<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>
<p class="p1"><span class="Apple-converted-space">  </span>Also customizable.</p>
<p class="p1">- USB fix (LegacyOff, Ownership, Builtin, clock-id) up to USB 3.0<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>
<p class="p1">- HDA injector and Ethernet builtin injector</p>
<p class="p1">- CPU turbo and P- and C-states generator</p>
<p class="p1">- ACPI tables loading (SSDT-xx, APIC, BOOT, SLIC, SLIT, SRAT, UEFI...)</p>
<p class="p1">- extra kexts loading<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>
<p class="p1">- kernel and kext patching on the fly</p>
<p class="p1">- set NVRAM variables for different purpose</p>
<p class="p1">- default boot after timeout, customizable GUI , and saving screenshots from GUI typing F10</p>
<p class="p1">- saving boot.log in OS and preboot.log from GUI by typing F2</p>
</body>
</html>
  • Like 1

building package fail due to changes to Description.html, solving with this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css"/>
  <title></title>
  <style type="text/css">
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Times}
    p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Times; color: #0000ee}
    p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Times; min-height: 13.0px}
    span.s1 {font: 10.0px 'Lucida Grande'}
    span.s2 {color: #000000}
    span.s3 {text-decoration: underline}
  </style>
</head>
<body>
<p class="p1"><span class="s1">Clover v2 </span>is open source based on different projects: Clover, rEFIt, XNU, VirtualBox.</p>
<p class="p2"><span class="s2">The main is EDK2 latest revision. <a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/"><span class="s3">http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/</span></a></span></p>
<p class="p3"><br/></p>
<p class="p1"><b>Main features:</b></p>
<p class="p1">- boot into 10.4 - 10.9 OSX, Windows EFI and Linux EFI</p>
<p class="p1">- It's EFI bootloader provides RuntimeServices for OS that impossible for Legacy Bootloaders</p>
<p class="p1">- mostly Clover do automatic detection of hardware and set all properties by default.<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>
<p class="p1"><span class="Apple-converted-space">  </span>But user can change them by config.plist</p>
<p class="p1">- with Clover you may restart into other OS from Startup Disk prefPane</p>
<p class="p1">- UUID written into config.plist will be the same as in OS</p>
<p class="p1">- SMBIOS will be corrected to standard 2.6</p>
<p class="p1">- ACPI will be corrected to standard 4.0.</p>
<p class="p1"><span class="Apple-converted-space">  </span>Custom DSDT will be loaded from booted partition or from EFI folder</p>
<p class="p1">- DSDT patching on the fly by fixes and by patterns</p>
<p class="p1">- customizable RestartFix and sleep/wake fixes and PCIRootUID value</p>
<p class="p1">- Graphics Properties Injector for ATI, NVidia and Intel for wide range of supported cards.<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>
<p class="p1"><span class="Apple-converted-space">  </span>Also customizable.</p>
<p class="p1">- USB fix (LegacyOff, Ownership, Builtin, clock-id) up to USB 3.0<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>
<p class="p1">- HDA injector and Ethernet builtin injector</p>
<p class="p1">- CPU turbo and P- and C-states generator</p>
<p class="p1">- ACPI tables loading (SSDT-xx, APIC, BOOT, SLIC, SLIT, SRAT, UEFI...)</p>
<p class="p1">- extra kexts loading<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>
<p class="p1">- kernel and kext patching on the fly</p>
<p class="p1">- set NVRAM variables for different purpose</p>
<p class="p1">- default boot after timeout, customizable GUI , and saving screenshots from GUI typing F10</p>
<p class="p1">- saving boot.log in OS and preboot.log from GUI by typing F2</p>
</body>
</html>

Thanks, although I didn't understand the difference. Invisible symbols?

Can anybody explain this problem in ElCapitan Xcode 7.2.1?

Building CloverUpdater application...
** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	ProcessPCH Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/CloverUpdater/PrecompiledHeaders/CloverUpdater_Prefix-enyctarqnppqovbkrtdwwriyuyay/CloverUpdater_Prefix.pch.pch CloverUpdater_Prefix.pch normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
make: *** [CloverUpdater] Error 65

@micky - yup - 

i made a similar edit. malformed HTML would be my description of the problem?

$ diff Description.html.3420 Description.html
4,5c4,5
<   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<   <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">
---
>   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
>   <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css"/>
7,8d6
<   <meta name="Generator" content="Cocoa HTML Writer">
<   <meta name="CocoaVersion" content="1138.51">
21c19
< <p class="p3"><br></p>
---
> <p class="p3"></p>

• Like 1

Hi Slice,

after r3399 (even on r3420) it is still needed to uncomment the line 2119 on nvidia.c to get the VRAM amount correct for the second graphics card.

// Amount of VRAM in kilobytes (?) no, it is already in bytes!!!
	if (gSettings.VRAM != 0) {
		videoRam = gSettings.VRAM;
	} else {
		videoRam = mem_detect(nvCardType, nvda_dev);
    //    gSettings.VRAM = videoRam;
	}

See this post for the logs.

No. It means second card can't be detected by this method. It is not right workaround to use memory detected for first card as a memory for second.

In your case you may set VRAM in config.plist or make full properties injecting manually for both cards.

• Like 1

real time corrections ;). Double meta tag, is invisible and not really needed for a package because is used to pass information to web broswer(s) only (I guess problem with your editor html? ... Cocoa HTML Writer)

real time corrections ;). Double meta tag, is invisible and not really needed for a package because is used to pass information to web broswer(s) only (I guess problem with your editor html? ... Cocoa HTML Writer)

This is standard TextEdit in rich text mode.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Same problem unfortunately. 

No, the problem is not the same. 

33:114  0:105  RsdPointer is Acpi 1.0 - creating new one Acpi 2.0
33:190  0:075  RsdPointer Acpi 2.0 installed
33:266  0:075  RSDT entries = 7
33:342  0:076  Xsdt reallocation done
37:752  0:075  Closing log

The log finished successfully. Then kernel must started.

Do you have a right kernel for AMD?

Thanks, although I didn't understand the difference. Invisible symbols?

Can anybody explain this problem in ElCapitan Xcode 7.2.1?

Building CloverUpdater application...
** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	ProcessPCH Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/CloverUpdater/PrecompiledHeaders/CloverUpdater_Prefix-enyctarqnppqovbkrtdwwriyuyay/CloverUpdater_Prefix.pch.pch CloverUpdater_Prefix.pch normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
make: *** [CloverUpdater] Error 65

They (Apple) remove the pch header from standard new project (always present in past), if no code is inside why not remove it?

In this case should be removed from "built setting" too.

No. It means second card can't be detected by this method. It is not right workaround to use memory detected for first card as a memory for second.

In your case you may set VRAM in config.plist or make full properties injecting manually for both cards.

I see. Strange, since I have two identical graphics cards. Nevertheless, I'll set it in config.plist.

No, the problem is not the same. 

33:114  0:105  RsdPointer is Acpi 1.0 - creating new one Acpi 2.0
33:190  0:075  RsdPointer Acpi 2.0 installed
33:266  0:075  RSDT entries = 7
33:342  0:076  Xsdt reallocation done
37:752  0:075  Closing log

The log finished successfully. Then kernel must started.

Do you have a right kernel for AMD?

Yes the system boots just fine with Enoch. I will try on a clean install later on.