Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

since 10.11.4 upgrade i do expérience glitch on my hack,

no glich before so i'm sure is due to OSupgrade

my video is HD3000

any advice?

Install more RAM (8GB is better than 4GB for HD3000).

If you're using a patched DSDT, don't forget to re-extract/re-patch after upgrading the RAM.

Hello Slice. Someone (whose identity shall remain unnamed at the moment) recommended that I speak to you a/b a very specific issue I am having when attempting to install OS X 10.11 with the latest version of Clover v2.3k_r3354. Basically, I have a Intel Pentium G4500 CPU which is a Skylake dual-core processor. However, I am aware it is currently an unsupported CPU and the only Skylake CPU officially running OS X by Apple is Imac17,2. So I've been online finding config.plist optimized for Skylake to use, one over here, here, and here, as well as one I put together here. However, with my plist as well as the ones from the first and third link, I end up with the following outcome which is the same each time when booting with the config plists:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IAbootFile\boot.efi

Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no

and then my system instantly reboots

Using the config list from the second link, I get the following error:

25414109694_5f728cacbe_b_d.jpg

So to reiterate, I am using the Intel Pentium G4500 CPU. A light bulb struck in my head so I came up with an idea: why not see whether there has been success w/ the Haswell equivalent Pentium G3XXX, so I looked up this article here. I am not sure how familiar you are on how to set up a Fake CPU ID in the config.plist in order to trick the system into thinking I am using a compatible CPU but I will say that when I using the following entry I am able to at least view verbose mode:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>FakeCPUID</key>
        <string>0x0306A0</string>
</dict> 

However each time I load it will stop at: "System uptime in nanoseconds" as seen in the pic below:

25934998962_f55861677c_b_d.jpg

I think that is my missing link in order to install OS X using my CPU... I really don't want to have to sell my processor just to get a i5-6500 so that I can have OS X working. I could def use some help making this happen. Do you know what would be the correct Fake CPU ID regarding my CPU or could you at least include it in the next Clover revision? Feel free to include any ideas you have on how to get this working using my CPU. Thanks in advance for your support.

Side note: Here is the link to my original post regarding my issue: link

Use"-xcpm" ;) Because the AppleintelCPUPowerManagement doesn't support your pocessor.

Edited by Micky1979
long stuff enclosed in spoiler
  • Like 1

thats a fake ivy. Up it a little bit by faking as haswell or just use nullpm

Look at this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303755-how-to-intel-pentium-g3xxx-and-celeron-g1xxx-haswell-works-with-speedstep-yosemite-1010-and-mavericks-109/?do=findComment&comment=2111790

But for testing purposes, how would I be able to come up with a Fake CPU ID of a Haswell processor?

---UPDATE---

Never mind, I found this article that shows how to make up a Fake CPU ID: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306429-guide-msi-h81m-motherboards-basics-of-a-computer-build-budget-hackintosh-builds-uefi-dualboot-os-x-el-capitan-wip/?do=findComment&comment=2140702

Hey stinga11 I have been using your config.plist from this thread as a template to solving my issue of installing OS X 10.11. Thru trial and error I've been able discover the idiosyncrasies behind using the Intel Pentium G4500. To start off:

1. Not using the FakeCPUID causes the system to instantly reboot.

2. Changing the "ProductName" in the SMBIOS makes no difference.

3. If I do not use the USB Patch in conjunction w/ the USBInjectAll.kext which raises the "Port Limit" the following screens occur (no -xcpm flag); the image of the second screen is when the system crashes:

26025438706_c8455311e7_b_d.jpg

25446601304_e2a7c960cc_b_d.jpg

4. Removing the entry below causes the following screen:

<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>MLB</key>
		<string>C02140302D5DMT31M</string>
		<key>ROM</key>
		<string>UseMacAddr0</string>
	</dict>

25985232881_34190ef082_b_d.jpg

5. Not using Pike's "Skylake APIC fix" (no -xcpm flag) causes a similar screen as above:

25449253083_f0d193103a_b_d.jpg

6. After applying all the necessary fixes to counteract the above issues I described, the following screens appear in succession (-xcpm flag used):

25447221284_b451883e84_b_d.jpg

25779146350_02e8af32e0_b_d.jpg

@ stinga11, I removed the -xcpm flag just to confirm and the above results were not reproduced as shown in the following screen:

25447387514_083e04567d_b_d.jpg

So if you have any other ideas/advice as to how I can progress forward based on the tests I've made feel free to include whatever feedback you feel is necessary. Thanks

Edited by Micky1979
long stuff enclosed in a spoiler

I read Clover Custom DSDT Patches guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1930786,and decide replace device name EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02 successful for 10.11 usb fix.

replace

Device (EHC1)

Device (EHC2)

to

Device (EH01)

Device (EH01)

MaciASL show EH01 and EH02.

And I decide to fix shutdown by replace below code in Method (\_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)

replace

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))

{

Store (ESMI, Local0)

And (Local0, 0xFB, Local0)

Store (Local0, ESMI)

Store (Arg0, Local0)

SALD (Local0)

}

to

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))

{

Store (Zero, TRAP)

Sleep (0x10)

}

I failed,because shutdown random fail.I have to use this patch in patched DSDT.aml instead of Clover Custom DSDT Patches on the fly and shutdown works everytime.How can I fix shutdown work by use Clover Custom DSDT Patch?Sorry for my bad english.

post-236960-0-61090500-1459038932_thumb.png

post-236960-0-76065900-1459038943_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

I finally got the installer to boot... I realized what the problem was... here's a hint: AICPM. Now my final issue is that my PS/2 keyboard and mouse I'm using is not working at the Welcome screen... Last hurdle. Once I get that taken care of I will post a guide with my findings.... After 9 days of constant trial and error I finally got the hang of Clover and realize the inner workings of OS X using an Intel Pentium G4500. Thanks stinga11

• Like 1

. Now my final issue is that my PS/2 keyboard and mouse I'm using is not working at the Welcome screen... 

It's impossible.

No matter what driver you used, what trick done by any bootloader, PS2 keyboard is not working for first installation stage. 

Installation OSX requires USB keyboard.

It's impossible.

No matter what driver you used, what trick done by any bootloader, PS2 keyboard is not working for first installation stage. 

Installation OSX requires USB keyboard.

Lol, are u kidding me?... Do I have to show u a video on Youtube to prove this to u? I don't have a reason to lie... Just so u know I used RehabMan's PS/2 kext: VoodooPS2Controller.kext

When the installation and system registering is finished then any PS2 kext will work.

But when you came to chooser "Type a button to determine your keyboard..." the system will wait for USB event no matter what PS2 driver you will use.

• Like 1

When the installation and system registering is finished then any PS2 kext will work.

But when you came to chooser "Type a button to determine your keyboard..." the system will wait for USB event no matter what PS2 driver you will use.

I hate to say it but you are wrong. Check this video out here... It dispels any type of doubt you have regarding the ability to use PS/2 kext during the OS X install stage.

Pics from my view: 

26063644295_f13933d384_b_d.jpg

25997309111_ba4f26304d_b_d.jpg

25790785170_df7b5b63a0_b_d.jpg

26037706736_a346e2762c_b_d.jpg

25971105082_eacec4b58e_b_d.jpg

Side note: Forgive me for my cable management

Slice,

Can you explain how to use the following changes:

Rev 3321
Add an item into Clover menu for instant set *-platform-id  which used as ig-platform-id or snb-platform-id.

I try with:

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>*-platform-id</key>
		<string>0x10000300</string>
	</dict> 

AND

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>snb-platform-id</key>
	</dict> 

Please help me with that.

Thanks

Slice,

Can you explain how to use the following changes:

Rev 3321

Add an item into Clover menu for instant set *-platform-id  which used as ig-platform-id or snb-platform-id.

I try with:

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>*-platform-id</key>
	</dict> 

AND

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>snb-platform-id</key>
	</dict> 

Please help me with that.

Thanks

It just means same feature will be used for both cases

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>ig-platform-id</key>
		<string>0x01620005</string>
	</dict>

You may find *-platform-id in the Clover menu. It will work for both cases.

Hello! I think that this is a bug in Clover, so I almost posted in the bug reporting thread, but I'm not 100% sure that it isn't user-error. Let me know if I should repost this in the main thread for bug reports.

I use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, so choosing which OS to boot into during startup is difficult. My default operating system is OS X, as that's what I generally use, but sometimes I want to boot into Windows to play a game. My Windows partition is named "Bootcamp."

Just like on a real mac, in order to restart into Windows without permanently changing my default OS, I can go to "System Preferences" -> "Startup Disk", hit the "Bootcamp" icon, and click restart. So far so good.

On a real Mac, however, it's ALSO possible to change the startup disk via running the following terminal command:

bless --folder /Volumes/Bootcamp --setBoot --nextonly && reboot
On my Clover-based Hackintosh machine, this command doesn't work—my computer restarts, but back into OS X instead of Windows.

Because this command is the basis of a number of 3rd party apps such as Bootchamp and (presumably) the Paragon NTFS Driver Utility, these applications are similarly unable to change the startup disk. Of these two, Paragon is the one that is particularly problematic for me—while the driver is in use, it is impossible to change the startup disk via the built in System Preferences Menu. In order to boot into Windows, I have to disable the Paragon drivers, unmount and remount the Bootcamp partition, change the startup disk, and then remember to re-enable Paragon the next time I boot into OS X. It's not the end of the world, but it is a bit annoying.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is this in fact a bug in Clover? I can't imagine why the system preferences menu would work, but the terminal command would not.

Haven't been able to compile Clover since r3368. No big deal as 3368 works fine, but wondering if I'm the the only one... I use to compile with CGP which no longer works. Since then I've been using Clover Builder, it builds it but not properly. See below and notice that Drivers64UEFI is no longer a drop down to choose drivers:  (All instructions I have to manually compile Clover result in errors at various points in the process).

post-922667-0-84702600-1459232318_thumb.png