Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I have an idea (and going to implement myself in my own testing): to organize things better, what about a standardized report form?

I was thinking about this:

- Kernel name and revision;

- Boots (y/n): If doesn't, a screenshot of the verbose output is mandatory;

- Panics (y/n): same as above;

- Artifacts: self-explanatory. Usually screenshots would be inaccurate, so a pic taken with a tablet/mobile phone would do;

- Glitches: programs that malfunction etc: detailed descriptions and screenshots if they apply;

- Crashes: crash reports;

- Miscellaneous: any further info you should add.

I think that could help devs to pinpoint issues better.

All the best!

I agree absolutely with you theconnatic. that would certainly be a big support for the devs and testers for a large enrichment of information so as not to make the same mistakes/errors arise.

However, I imagine this implementation still very work-intensive. This information should then be entered externally on another page, otherwise this page could be confusing. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I agree absolutely with you theconnatic. that would certainly be a big support for the devs and testers for a large enrichment of information so as not to make the same mistakes/errors arise.

However, I imagine this implementation still very work-intensive. This information should then be entered externally on another page, otherwise this page could be confusing. :rolleyes:

Google forms maybe?

I have an idea (and going to implement myself in my own testing): to organize things better, what about a standardized report form?

I was thinking about this:

- Kernel name and revision;

- Boots (y/n): If doesn't, a screenshot of the verbose output is mandatory;

- Panics (y/n): same as above;

- Artifacts: self-explanatory. Usually screenshots would be inaccurate, so a pic taken with a tablet/mobile phone would do;

- Glitches: programs that malfunction etc: detailed descriptions and screenshots if they apply;

- Crashes: crash reports;

- Miscellaneous: any further info you should add.

I think that could help devs to pinpoint issues better.

All the best!

the osx kernel port to amd project should be in github or similar, with proper bug track list, source changes, and all that y think everything will be better organized

• Like 2

Okay booting works fine!

But I have lots of artifacts. Maps is entirely grey where there should the image, and Safari has the 'soup' of letters bug. Chrome works if I disable hardware acceleration. I am gonna try in 32bit mode.

ATI HD5770
Biostar A780L

AMD Athlon X2 (although Mavericks is saying 'Intel Core 2 Duo')

Screen_Shot_2013_11_02_at_6_15_07_AM.png

Preview also has HUGE problems.

• Like 1

the osx kernel port to amd project should be in github or similar, with proper bug track list, source changes, and all that y think everything will be better organized

Unfortunately I have no idea of Pandora (since I have not installed it yet). With DarwinDumper I have little experimenting were it not for the possibility of exports of error evaluations to fill the database with information? what do you think?

Yes,my cpu is AthlonIIX2 245.My card id (68bf)is in info.plist of x4000.kext.But ati7000controller.kext don't have the info.plist. It'strange,because ati4000/5000/6000 all have info.plist. My 10.9 is 603,is gm2? And i use chameleon R2255,when -v -f boot,i not see ''load x4000"and "load ati7000" in updating kext.

theconnactic had the same problem with the AMD5000Controller

Attached is the one from GM (13A598) checked it and it does have the info.plist

Question... Did Apple start removing them from GM (13A603) and up? If so how is it done now?

AMD7000Controller.kext.zip

:)

le problème est que les testeurs ne font pas la différence entre les bug directement liés au kernel et à leurs hardwares (mauvaise installation ) ce n'est pas simple . 

les testeurs devraient se référer aux installations classiques pour Intel avant de venir poster ici . :) le sujet est tellement plein de mauvaise informations que je ne sais même plus quoi penser et quoi tester !!?? :(

Pour ma part le noyau Bronya fonctionne admirablement bien . la HD 4670 fonctionne avec AtiConfig=Gliff/Flicker/Hamashi etc.............c'est une bonne nouvelle quelques bug graphiques 3D sont toujours présent mais l'ensemble fonctionne très très bien , je suis content d'être passé sous Maveriks :)

the problem is that the testers do not make the difference between bug directly related to the kernel and their hardwares (improper installation) is not simple.
testers should refer to conventional systems for Intel before coming to post here. :) The subject is so full of bad information that I do not even know what to think and what to test!?     :(

For me the core Bronya works beautifully. HD 4670 works with aticonfig = Gliff / Flicker / Hamashi etc. ............. this is good news some 3D graphics bug is still present but all works very well, I happy to be spent under Maveriks :)

Last login: Sat Nov  2 14:42:47 on ttys000
imac-de-gils83:~ gils83$ uname -a
Darwin imac-de-gils83 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: среда, 30 октября 2013 г. 00:54:43 (MSK); *patched-2422.1.72_rc2/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
imac-de-gils83:~ gils83$ sysctl machdep
machdep.cpu.max_basic: 13
machdep.cpu.max_ext: 2147483678
machdep.cpu.vendor: AuthenticAMD
machdep.cpu.brand_string: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 3350 HE              
machdep.cpu.family: 21
machdep.cpu.model: 2
machdep.cpu.extmodel: 0
machdep.cpu.extfamily: 6
machdep.cpu.stepping: 0
machdep.cpu.feature_bits: 395049983 1050161675
machdep.cpu.extfeature_bits: 802421759 32227327
machdep.cpu.signature: 6295328
machdep.cpu.brand: 0
machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 PCLMULQDQ MON SSSE3 FMA CX16 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 POPCNT AES XSAVE OSXSAVE AVX1.0 F16C
machdep.cpu.extfeatures: SYSCALL XD 1GBPAGE EM64T LAHF RDTSCP TSCI
machdep.cpu.logical_per_package: 4
machdep.cpu.cores_per_package: 4
machdep.cpu.microcode_version: 21
machdep.cpu.processor_flag: 1
machdep.cpu.mwait.linesize_min: 64
machdep.cpu.mwait.linesize_max: 64
machdep.cpu.mwait.extensions: 3
machdep.cpu.mwait.sub_Cstates: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.sensor: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.dynamic_acceleration: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.invariant_APIC_timer: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.thresholds: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.ACNT_MCNT: 1
machdep.cpu.thermal.core_power_limits: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.fine_grain_clock_mod: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.package_thermal_intr: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.hardware_feedback: 0
machdep.cpu.thermal.energy_policy: 0
machdep.cpu.xsave.extended_state: 7 832 960 1073741824
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.version: 0
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.number: 0
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.width: 0
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.events_number: 0
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.events: 0
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.fixed_number: 0
machdep.cpu.arch_perf.fixed_width: 0
machdep.cpu.cache.linesize: 64
machdep.cpu.cache.L2_associativity: 16
machdep.cpu.cache.size: 2097152
machdep.cpu.tlb.inst.small: 48
machdep.cpu.tlb.inst.large: 24
machdep.cpu.tlb.data.small: 64
machdep.cpu.tlb.data.small_level1: 1024
machdep.cpu.tlb.data.large: 64
machdep.cpu.tlb.data.large_level1: 1024
machdep.cpu.address_bits.physical: 48
machdep.cpu.address_bits.virtual: 48
machdep.cpu.core_count: 4
machdep.cpu.thread_count: 4
machdep.vectors.timer: 221
machdep.vectors.IPI: 222
machdep.pmap.hashwalks: 360437
machdep.pmap.hashcnts: 914357
machdep.pmap.hashmax: 48
machdep.pmap.kernel_text_ps: 2097152
machdep.pmap.kern_pv_reserve: 4000
machdep.memmap.Conventional: 4292386816
machdep.memmap.RuntimeServices: 0
machdep.memmap.ACPIReclaim: 53248
machdep.memmap.ACPINVS: 12288
machdep.memmap.PalCode: 0
machdep.memmap.Reserved: 290521088
machdep.memmap.Unusable: 0
machdep.memmap.Other: 0
machdep.tsc.frequency: 3200000000
machdep.tsc.deep_idle_rebase: 1
machdep.tsc.nanotime.tsc_base: 194927007789
machdep.tsc.nanotime.ns_base: 0
machdep.tsc.nanotime.scale: 1342177280
machdep.tsc.nanotime.shift: 0
machdep.tsc.nanotime.generation: 2
machdep.misc.panic_restart_timeout: 1266874889
machdep.misc.interrupt_latency_max: 0x0 0xde 0x187d87
machdep.misc.machine_check_panic: 
machdep.misc.timer_queue_trace: 
machdep.misc.nmis: 0
machdep.eager_timer_evaluations: 9793
machdep.eager_timer_evaluation_max: 265376
machdep.user_idle_level: 0
imac-de-gils83:~ gils83$ 

in your statement lies much truth, Gils :-))). but sometimes that's stupid mistakes. similar to not see the wood for the trees. :angel_not::wub:

• Like 1

The Problem

I confess i'm having lots of difficulties to enable my HD 5450 Silent (device 0x68F91002) under Mavericks. The procedures i took for granted until now - editing the ATI5000 and the AMDx3000 kexts, adding Toleda's patch to my DSDT so i have HDMI audio and booting with GraphicsEnabler=No - aren't working for me this time: the stock AMD5000Controler.kext (formerly ATI5000) doesn't appear to have either an Info.plist or a Version.plist (it's not simply invisible, since ShowAllFiles doesn't make them to show up) and adding them by pasting Lion's both files didn't help at all. The result is i don't have either QE/Ci or proper resolution for my 40'' screen (connected via HDMI) or audio when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, and with GE=Yes i'd be stuck indefinitely with the spinning boot wheel. I'm yet to perform these troubleshooting steps:

- Boot without my current DSDT (thus using GE=Yes): i don't know if something changed from ML to Mavericks in this regard;

- Boot with PCIRootUID=1, both with and without my current DSDT;

- Copy the plists from ML's kext instead of Lion's and apply all above steps.

If this doesn't take me anywhere, i'll really need help and will report here.

All the best!

Yes,my cpu is AthlonIIX2 245.My card id (68bf)is in info.plist of x4000.kext.But ati7000controller.kext don't have the info.plist. It'strange,because ati4000/5000/6000 all have info.plist. My 10.9 is 603,is gm2? And i use chameleon R2255,when -v -f boot,i not see ''load x4000"and "load ati7000" in updating kext.

Here is what is going on (my guess is that it is happening with myHack as well)

your problem and to others users  is that  when you create your USBInstaller with Pandora, this not copy the info.plist to all Garphics kexts ATI* Intel* AMD* NVDA*, is a bug with Pandora, you can try copy from USBInstaller/S/L/E all NVDA kexts and install to your System with KEXT WIZARD app/repairpermissions/reboot, I had the same problem.

• Like 1

I can confirm what iFire said, and i had to switch to MyHack (which seems to be immune to the bug).

Anyway, this is Help Topic related, so i'll move all posts there.

The Problem

Here is what is going on (my guess is that it is happening with myHack as well)

:)

@Andy  :thumbsup_anim:

je viens de tester ton dernier noyau sur mon Sempron LE 1250 , il fonctionne très bien sauf le problème pixel rouge qui vient en avant et l'opengl de 1.5 à 2.1 qui ne fonctionne pas ,  mais j'ai remarqué une nouvelle de taille et non des moindres est  que le test opencl fonctionne ootb !!!   :hysterical:  :hysterical: qui plus est , quand le test est lancé , le problème pixel rouge disparait !!! et pour cause , le nom du CPU tout simplement !!!   :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: dans le test , il est vu comme intel core2duo E7600 !!! génial !!! tu es en bonne voie . 

I just tested your latest kernel on my Sempron LE 1250, it works fine except the red pixel problem that comes forward and opengl 1.5 to 2.1 does not work, but I noticed a new size and not least of which is that the test works opencl ootb! : hysterical :: hysterical: what is more, when the test is started, the red pixel problem disappears! and for good reason, the name of just CPU! : hysterical :: hysterical :: hysterical: in the test, it is seen as intel core2duo E7600! awesome! you're on track.

208915Capturedcran20131030055833.png

187810Capturedcran20131030060021.png

976305Capturedcran20131030060111.png

889703Capturedcran20131030060135.png

How did you do to enable QE_CE here? 

Maybe your fsb problem , default 200 MHz , but in your cpu-z fsb=100 .... hmmmmm.

how would I fix this? i've tried booting with fsb=200, but still panics. should I try using a different bootloader like clover?

EDIT: will try andy's RC5 kernel...

EDIT 2: same crash

@theconnactic posting template is a good idea,

Info I am currently using,

- Kernel name and revision: Andy's RC5 Kernel

- Boots (y/n): Boots Fine

- Panics (y/n): No panics

- Artifacts: Problems with finder not showing folders/files or names.

- Glitches: CSR Racing has huge problems with OpenGL. Hardly any of the graphics display correctly. Pink Launchpad icons.

- Crashes: Quick Time Panic - http://pastebin.com/7pGnbDK5 - sniffer_gpu panic with Photoshop - http://pastebin.com/s0LTRym2 - nVidia Window Server Panic - http://pastebin.com/wDbstiM5

- Miscellaneous: Boot.plist > http://pastebin.com/F48ayYTw  - Installed with latest Pandora's Box and latest Chameleon

Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 17.34.06.png

• Like 2