Legitimate "iTunes Phone" evidence in iTunes 7?

Colonel

20 posts in this topic

While looking inside the resource files from iTunes 7, a few items believed to be evidence of an "iTunes Phone" have been discovered. Contained in one of these files is the text for a new error message - MacShrine has the error output.

Some of the games in your iTunes library were not copied to the mobile phone [name] because you are not authorized to play them on this computer” and “iTunes cannot sync photos to the mobile phone [name] because your iPhoto Library needs updating. Open iPhoto to update your iPhoto Library.

In a bit of investigative reporting, I've attached below all the new error messages I found for you to evaluate at your disposal. I think you'll be interested in what you find.

Note that this is a different report than the others we've been seeing regarding driver installation (come on guys, Steve isn't going to make it too obvious... he needs some material for that podcast...).

Personally, I think we'll be seeing an iTunes Phone soon. Very soon. How about you?

Errors.txt

So the phone will basically support all the features of the updated iPods that were recently released, including the ability to download extra games. Or at least that's what they're planning on.

The phone is probably going to be released much later than iTV. I wouldn't expect to see anything before December. We've had a lot of speculation and "credible predictions" floating around, but until we get evidence that Apple is now purchasing parts for a phone, don't expect it tomorrow.

We knew about a revised iPod nano for months. The new 6th gen video iPod was speculated to be released Sept 12th. Guess which actually got on the shelves? The nano. Same goes for the iPhone: it's unlikely since it's just speculation.

"Are you sure you want to sync games? All existing games on the mobile phone Ò^1Ó will be replaced with games from this computer.";

Is anybody able to get any games on their rokr, razr, or slvr?

then it would be absolute proof that there is an Apple Phone

for what we know now it could be the current phones as non sequitur said

hmm thats interesting looks cool too but i dont see an earpiece and i refuse to believe that you always have to use earphones... didnt see any speaker for the ring either or are you just supposed to guess when it rings or have vibrate all the time.... looks cool but i dont think thats it

Fake - I think theyre on the right lines with a large display though. Apple always bangs on about how big and bright their displays are so I think they will have a nice large display on the phone.......... when it comes out.

Ok, here we go. The many reasons why it's fake:

1) Apple hasn't made and never will make black headphones

So Apple never made a black headphones and thus they won't make anything black in the future. What a great logic you got there! No one ever predict that Apple will release a black Macbook (although some longing to) and voila! They released it under our nose. So blackheadphones in the future? Why not?

2) If it was released after September 12th, it should come with the updated ear-bug design

I agree with you in this. The immage is a complete fake and it's been around for quite sometime on the net now.

3) If they confirmed "iTV" won't be a final product name, why would they use "iPhone?" Lack of creativity.

Again, why not? They use iPod as the name to immitate the success of iMac (which stands for internet-mac in the old days). Heck, they even use the word "i" almost on all of their software (iChat, iCal, iWhatever...). So why won't they use it again in the future?

4) Apple would never design something so butt-ugly when there are so many beautiful cell phones made by competitors. They always like to catch attention (for the right reasons.)

People have their own preferred design and you can't enforce it to anyone and everyone. Some people do think that big and fat mobile phone are sexy! :D Plus, the design (although fake) isn't that bad. Want some proof? I bet my ear that you can't come up with a design better than that (of course it's figuratively speaking).

You wanna know why that paper's in French? Because it makes it easier for the Photoshopper. Since he or she presumes most people can't read French, they don't need to include convincing details on the front cover of the fake magazine.

What are you trying to imply on this? That everything must be English/American? Pft... I'm sickened by the guys like you. FYI, 20 minutes are a REAL newspaper in France. The real concept behind their business is actually to make a newspaper that people can spend not more than 20 minutes reading it back to back. They are somewhat a success there (yeah I learned it on my case-study class).

Aside from that, the site has tons of bogus stories on an "iPhone." I've seen my fair share of "iPhone" fakes, and some of them were convincing, like the "iChat Mobile." But this attempt was just plain pathetic.

Remove the gossips from your life and you have a life of a priest (heck, even they gossiped too!)

iphonedz8.png

No offense, but for knowing exactly what Apple people want, that isn't it. No, I'm not knocking the fact that it's not realistic, I'm wondering where the simple clean edges are. External antenna? Funky rounding? Weird bumps on the side? An enter button when you have a perfectly good center button?

I realize you just whipped it up in a few seconds, but please don't be so almighty about knowing about people want ;)

You don't even have to look at the picture to know it's fake. Every magazine I read has archives of what they publish in resent months, maybe even years on there website. If you know French and can find the magazine archive page on that site, then maybe it's real because no self respecting publisher such as 20 Minutes would falsify an advert or article. Not even on TheInq did they mention which edition it was printed on. My bet is that picture is plain rubbish.

What Apple really has to do is to solve the scratching problem.

I think it's livable in the iPod and iPod nano, but a severely scratched iPhone would disgust me.