Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,226 posts in this topic

Hello, my name is Andy, i'm from Belgium.

I'm new on this forum but not to the "hackintosh scene'

as you can see in my signature i have 10.8 installed on my p5q,

and now i'm trying to run 10.8 on my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.

but i'm getting some help with an other user on this forum.

I also own a Ibook g4 and a Powermac G3 Blue and White,

when i have time i will put my p5q in my G3 case but i it won't be easy since it is an full ATX board.

if anyone has an clear tutorial for it, please, let me know, since i don't know how the power on, reset buttons works, but as i said, i will look into it more when i have time.

greatings, and... Hello InsanelyMac users!!!

btw, if you think if i can help you with something, feel free to pm me.

Hi all,

Thanks for the community. I'm getting ready to do my first Hackintosh...parts ordered and shipped. I come here to research and learn when ever I get some time. Can't thank you all enough.

I'm thinking about my avatar/image...I'll address that soon.

Shawn

Hello guys,

I'm a college student in computer science, and an trying to get osx installed so I can use tools like emacs which will not wokr on windows. I know I could just install some version of linus for that, but it's much cooler to have mountain lion.

Hello all,

I am a long time computer hobbyist. Most all of the computers I have owned in the past were builds or dumpster dives. I am comfortable and satisfied with Windows despite the fact that I think the price of windows software is out of line with the rest of the market. I decided to splurge and build up a "new" machine with "new" parts. while researching builds I stumbled accross the whole "hachintosh" thing. So....I said to myself "Self......why don't you build one of these things and if you don't like it, wipe it clean and go back to Win 7". That's what I did and now I am the proud father of a bouncing baby hack.

Lian Li case

GA-H61N-USB3

Geforce 520

8 gig ddr3 1333

500g hd

BD player, DVD burner

OSX 10.7

IMG_3888.jpg

Hello all. To keep this brief, I love working on computers and I own 15. I have rebuilt about 50 computers both laptop and desktop and helped countless others fix whatever they may have screwed up on theirs. I know how to do almost anything I need to on Windows PCs and I decided to try my hand at Mac OSX, but I couldn't afford a Mac so I started researching Hackintosh. I have successfully installed Tiget on a Dimension 2400 and HP zv5000 and Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion on my Dell Vostro 1700, Emachines E250, and a Dell Inspiron D530 and am now moving on to getting Mountain Lion working. I learned a great deal about the underlyings of Mac from this website as I have been using it for years to help me figure out my wrongdoings with the OS on my computers.

How's it going folks?

I'm new to the scene, been trying for about a month to get my own OSx86 shell running, and as of yesterday I finally managed to do it.

I avoided making an account until I had a successful installation for the purpose of learning. Now that I've succeeded, I am excited to become a part of the insanelymac OSx86 community!

I look forward to many good conversations and brainstorming sessions with you all!

Some details about my Hacbook Pro:

:P

IBM Thinkpad R52 1848-CTO

Intel ICHx Chipset

Intel Pentium M 2.00ghz processor

2gb DIMM ram

ATI x300 128mb (although iDeneb suggests it's x600 with 32mb)

Alfa AWUS036NH b/g/n usb wifi card - 2 watts

Completely disassembled and reassembled, with LCD upgraded from SXGA+ to UXGA

As I'm sure you're aware, this computer is no heavy hitter with technology, but it's very versatile and makes a good Hacbook if you're not running graphic intensive stuff.

Anyhow, yeah, pleased to meet all of you, looking forward to working with you.

• Like 1

I avoided making an account until I had a successful installation for the purpose of learning. Now that I've succeeded, I am excited to become a part of the insanelymac OSx86 community!

That is a very sensible attitude! Welcome :)