Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,226 posts in this topic

Hi,

it's been 5 years already, that I've installed osx86 on my thinkpad for the first time. At that time, I didn't feel the need to post on the forum as everything was documented and only one or two methods were available.

Now it has really evolved a lot and I've come to use a macbook pro since 1 year already.

Today, I feel the need to build a Hackintosh for graphics and photography needs. I'd like something really powerful for RAW file editing.

Here where I am right now.

By the way, I'm French, but I have no rights to post in the French forum... how come ?

I encountered the weirdest problem the other night, so, decided to post it on here, and, well, the response is not what I was expecting at all. Hugely disappointed as I thought this looked to be a forum of helpful people all into the same kind of thing. I had more response (which would be any) on a musicians forum, which is really disappointing. I would have thought someone here somewhere would have either encountered the same thing and have an answer, or, would be intrigued and want to try and resolve it.

But apparently not. Which is a shame really. High expectations of being involved in this community have faded in a couple of days

This topic is about introducing yourself. It is not about telling us your problems (you open a new topic) and even less it is about complaining whether the community is helpful or not.

As I have already explained very well, this is a community of unpaid volunteers, hobbyists in fact. And that is how the whole thing should be taken: as a hobby (because if you need a Mac professionally you should buy one).

Why many questions go unanswered? (If you have a look you'll notice that you aren't by far the only one).

It is always the same people who help, a handful of them, in fact.

But we have daily hundreds of new questions. Some of them aren't even worth reading, like "Still waiting for root device", "Will my hardware work?", questions asked thousands of times already.

But it happens also that nobody knows the answer to your query, or perhaps those who do haven't read your question.

It is normal in a forum with 601,074 registered members and 1,569,703 posts.

This topic is about introducing yourself. It is not about telling us your problems (you open a new topic) and even less it is about complaining whether the community is helpful or not.

As I have already explained very well, this is a community of unpaid volunteers, hobbyists in fact. And that is how the whole thing should be taken: as a hobby (because if you need a Mac professionally you should buy one).

Why many questions go unanswered? (If you have a look you'll notice that you aren't by far the only one).

It is always the same people who help, a handful of them, in fact.

But we have daily hundreds of new questions. Some of them aren't even worth reading, like "Still waiting for root device", "Will my hardware work?", questions asked thousands of times already.

But it happens also that nobody knows the answer to your query, or perhaps those who do haven't read your question.

It is normal in a forum with 601,074 registered members and 1,569,703 posts.

You did indeed, and, I apologise unreservedly.

Hello!

I am Vistaus, in real life my name is Heimen. I love Linux and OSX and computers in general. I also love smartphones, my current one is a Motorola Milestone XT720 which I really love :D

I'm almost 19 years old (13 January ^^) and I live in The Netherlands, but someday I'd like to live in New York :)

Hey there,

I ask myself why I'm not able to post in the german subforum, because I've got a question...

Greetz, Sven

Until you reach 10 posts, you can start a new topic only in this section of the forum.

But you can reply to existing topics almost everywhere.

Hi all, I'm Gary from Kent, UK

iDeneb and Office 2011 installed nicely on my new Dell M5030. One or two bugs to iron out but I'm loving it.

Also have a PowerMac G4 with 10.5 server and a 1Tb Sata running on a RocketRaid card.

See you on the flipside.

Gary

Hello,

My name is Mark and I have had quite a long love affair with Macs, since 1996. I was really excited to read about the OSx86 project when it came out and recently, I have successfully built my first Hackintosh, from a Gigabyte EP45 U3P board. It works awesome and has been stable, humming along at 3.2 Ghz, courtesy of the quad intel 775 cpu. Upgrades, sound, even additional PCIe cards work just fine.

I'm onto my next challenge with a lenovo workstation and am going to source from this forum to make the dream come true! Keep rockin! :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Mark