Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

The name's Michael (or Alcexhim if you prefer)

I've been working with Windows boxes for almost my whole life, started working with Linux a few years ago, and hadn't really even considered the Mac until I found out about the OSx86 project (I use VirtualBox for all my software tinkering! Because sometimes stuff goes wrong, and it's good to have a disk image to restore from...)

My goal in life is to learn as much about all types of computer systems as I can, and hopefully to be able to help others increase their knowledge as well!

Hi

I live in the UK. Been lurking here for years but only posted for the 1st time today. Been messing with computers since 1969 (yeah I'm that old!), UNIX since 1976, was a MCSE during the NT era and worked in the industry for over 20 years. Now a motorcycle paramedic.

Hated all things Apple (except my Apple][) until I discovered the hackintosh in 2007, now have an i7 17"MBP (mine), Mac Mini (under TV), 13"MBP (son at uni) and 13" white MB (son at school). Plan to buy my lovely wife a new MacBook Air 11" for xmas!

Run 10.6.5 (as of today) on a watercooled i7 920 @ 4.2GHz with GTX285. Don't need to turn the heating on in the office!

Thank you everyone who puts in so much hard work to make this stuff work!

BK

If you would like to introduce yourself, please do it here. Thanks.

Do not ask questions here. Do not tell us your problems with OS X.

For questions and help open a new topic.

hello just trying to get my osx system working check out my posts if anyone feels like helping. thanks agian to everyone for all the help so far.

Salute!

Hi! Since the first time I saw an apple clamp laptop (whatever the correct name is), I fell in love :)with it ever since. But since I'm not rich like some people in my country, I just have to use windows on a normal laptop/pc. Then, I discovered iATKOS. I felt like my crushed dreams were put back from its broken pieces. In conclusion, I hope that you, other macphiles, would be kind enough to accept me into your macphiles family. :)