The Official "Showtime" Thread

Swad

176 posts in this topic

I've not seen any comments on digg so far mentioning this so it does at the moment look like it's only us hackintosh guys. I would have thought that they would put a message up saying "Please don't steal" or something like that, not just a "not enough memory" message which blatently isn't true

I've just noticed that it says on the itunes requirements that you need Quicktime 7.1.3 and I currently only have 7.1.2, so this may fix the problem. I'll keep you updated. I don't want to see itunes becomming another program that has to be 'fixed' for hackintoshes and then realised via bittorrent :(

not worth it anyway... downloaded and installed on my PC and in order to get the "free" album covers you need to give them your credit card number. lame. that wont make me any more likely to download a .99 song... forget it.

No, but IMO it's not asking that much to ask that you have a iTunes account so you can download the "free" stuff. After all, they are a "business".

No, but IMO it's not asking that much to ask that you have a iTunes account so you can download the "free" stuff. After all, they are a "business".

An account (username and password) is one thing... giving them my credit card information is another. I go to many "businesses" that don't require I first give them my credit card number to store in their database forever and ever.

An account (username and password) is one thing... giving them my credit card information is another. I go to many "businesses" that don't require I first give them my credit card number to store in their database forever and ever.

And by doing so, they are locking-out all users from non-iTunes Music Store countries, like myself. Guess we are not profitable.

The gateway in my sig is running iTunes 7 without any issues.

And I don't see it as an issue to require a credit card for the account. This feature is for paying customers of customers who may buy something. Having the one click shopping because your credit card is on file is quite convenient (use it all the time) and also makes customers more inclined to "impulse buy".

I don't see this a hinderance at all and supports Apple's business model perfectly.

whats with Apple and black being theyre elite colour!?!?

Shhhh! Jesse Jackson might get pissed off at that line of questioning!

Yeah but on a serious note, I'm happy about the set top and the large iPod new features. I guess now all of us Merom MBP fanboys will have to choose a new rumor date...

I'm suggesting October 10th, the day after Columbus day (since Apple apparently isn't open or something on Mondays to give announcements, we will have to have it on an "observed" day such as the 10th.)

My reasoning for this is best show in an analogy... Maybe Apple will find their way into the pocketbooks of many a person waiting to buy the Merom MBP, much like Columbus found his way to the new world. And maybe once there, Apple will find those Switchers, much like Columbus found the American Indians. Sounds like a good rumor-starting point, eh? :)

To activate your account, get a free Paypal account and not set it up for credit card and such if you are pissed. You shouldn't be pissed. I have never had iTunes/Apple mischarge me, so whatever.

GRIPE ABOUT ITUNES 7:

I tried the album view, great but one STUPID problem. Ok if you have an album like say, Back To The Future, it makes MULTIPLES! What the hell? It splits them on ARTIST. Uh, stupid. One album please. *sigh*

iTunes 7 working perfectly on my setup

(Intel D945GTPLR, GeCube ATI Radeon X1800XL PCI-E, Pentium D 920)

As for the multiple albums thing - select all the songs, get info and check the 'Part of a compilation' thing - see if that helps.

itunes 7 kicks ass! - Im intrigued as to why they went back to a blue logo (hint at the future of leopard). It looks awsome on my dock next to quicktime but when you fire up front row the logo is still green (obv) so it just seems kinda out of step which is really unlike Apple.

The iPod integration however, is incredible! - its now all in one place and looks brilliant.