The Official "Showtime" Thread

Swad

176 posts in this topic

iTV (name to be finalised) - looks like a Mini

EDIT: i gotta shoot - enjoy the rest of the show. someone page me if a merombook arrives ;)

EDIT: one last update - half the size of the mini, USB, ethernet, 802.11, wireless component video, optical audio, HDMI plus RCA stereo audio, apple remote, next gen Front Row :censored2:

Seriously.. a Mac Mini based set top box has been rumoured for a while and a lot of HTPC enthusiasts drooled over the idea. (myself included)

This could truly be a killer device for Apple...

As long as it's also a DVR *wink*

It looks like this {a flatter Mini} it's called iTV. That's a codeword. we need to come up with a better name.

Interface is like next gen front row

1/2 size of Mac Mini, built-in power supply, USB, Ethernet, 802.11 "wireless component video", optical audio and HDMI ports, plus old RCA stereo audio ports. Works with Apple Remote

Video access is instantaneous, looks like watching a DVD

no mention yet of video in :(

I think the new ipod can't be called the 6g ipod. They didn't call photo the 5g, they won't call this one the 6g. Or so i think....

Umm the first iPod photos were 4G models (there wre photo and non photo 4G's)... Video iPods became the 5G. I would expect this new line to be 6G

Set top? Nice, Apple will come to the living room of more homes.

Why the shock that a dvd and online video will be out the sam day? No offense, but where do you think they burn the dvds from? Easy a dvd image/digital video file. Run that throug a converter and then ftp it to Apple. Not hard to understand.

Set top? Nice, Apple will come to the living room of more homes.

Why the shock that a dvd and online video will be out the sam day? No offense, but where do you think they burn the dvds from? Easy a dvd image/digital video file. Run that throug a converter and then ftp it to Apple. Not hard to understand.

No No No.. the reason being is I'm suprised they are willing to allow Apple to release same day and potentially take some DVD sales.

This is unexpected. Cinema Now and Movielink have never been able to get that deal.. it's always a few weeks after when they can offer the movie for sale.

iTV lets you get access to trailers and itunes store selected content from internet

[steve finds and plays The Incredibles. it's not 640x480, it's HDTV]

Apple could be on the verge of Internet Based Cable Television delivery here... (much in the same way a lot of people get there phone service that way now)

I'm a little upset that there is no mention of DVR ability though.

"The software features 3D animated graphics with a menu on the right and graphics on the left. Jobs demonstrated it, going into the Movies menu and scrolling through floating artwork on the left-hand side."

--I wonder if it uses Core Animation?

No No No.. the reason being is I'm suprised they are willing to allow Apple to release same day and potentially take some DVD sales.

This is unexpected. Cinema Now and Movielink have never been able to get that deal.. it's always a few weeks after when they can offer the movie for sale.

Yeah but Steve is the largest shareholder of Disney dont forget

jrsdead

"The software features 3D animated graphics with a menu on the right and graphics on the left. Jobs demonstrated it, going into the Movies menu and scrolling through floating artwork on the left-hand side."

--I wonder if it uses Core Animation?

Thats probably why its out Q1 2007

jrsdead

I'm sorry, but what will the iBox (as I shall henceforth call it) do that a tv-out won't?

Play iTunes downloaded content without being cracked.. in a nice tidy box instead of hooking up a full computer.

299 is reasonable for a set top that can stream content from the web.

Play iTunes downloaded content without being cracked.. in a nice tidy box instead of hooking up a full computer.

299 is reasonable for a set top that can stream content from the web.

And stream content from another Mac.

I'm in, but not until q1 2007, so I'm out, no I'm in limbo, oh {censored}, I don't know where I am.

itunes 7 is up

edit:

i installed it, it has a new blue icon, but it says it cant be opened cause there is not enough memory availible... i have 1gb and am barely running any other programs... WTF

Where can one find it?