P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

I read somewhere that it might be the video or audio card interfering with the sleep?

Yesterday I did some testing, and my sleep still works and perfectly: when I press the power button (or select sleep from the menu), the PC will go to a deep sleep state in less than a second !!!!! while waking up and going directly to the mac desktop takes up to 3 seconds, way faster than Windows :)

I've done some playing around with sleep and the usb3 drivers may or may not break it depending on which revision of the board you have. On a revision 3.1 board sleep flat out will not work so far as I have found with my testing. On an original b2 revision (revision 1 basically with the sata flaw) sleep works fine and thats using a clone of the same drive as used on my revision 3.1 system but only if i remove the usb3 drivers. I'm guessing revision 3.0 boards act the same way as revision b2 boards and that sleep will work without the usb3 driver. One other thing to bear in mind is that enabling pll overvoltage in the bios will almost certainly trash sleep.

Also using the new dsdt I have come up with a new AppleHDA.kext that merges the alc892 kext stuff into it. So with the new dsdt you can delete all of the previous junk alc892hda, hdaenabler and applehda kext malarky and just install one new AppleHDA.kext.

This seems far more reliable and less flakey than using multiple kexts.

If you are using the new dsdt then feel free to give the new kext a shot (delete the old kexts (all three of them - back them up first just in case), clear cache, reboot with -f to be sure and then install the new one).

New dsdt here http://www.mediafire...5pwg75vvvbob0er

and new AppleHDA here http://www.mediafire...34k29ox2snv4oqm

UPDATE - Further testing with the revision 3.1 board - this board uses ASMedia USB3.0 Controller so USB3.0 ports don't work at all with the existing usb3 kext (yet).

Thanks for replying, Telepati. As I mentioned to Andy, I can't seem to find the guides you are talking about. The youtube videos I've found so far are more about guys bragging about their system than actual guides. If you can point me to the video and the Tonymac pictures, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers, guys.

This is the guide links;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5wf8sRebyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBN-cBPs98

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=15593

Enjoy...

Also using the new dsdt I have come up with a new AppleHDA.kext that merges the alc892 kext stuff into it. So with the new dsdt you can delete all of the previous junk alc892hda, hdaenabler and applehda kext malarky and just install one new AppleHDA.kext.

If you are using the new dsdt then feel free to give the new kext a shot (delete the old kexts (all three of them - back them up first just in case), clear cache, reboot with -f to be sure and then install the new one).

UPDATE - Further testing with the revision 3.1 board - this board uses ASMedia USB3.0 Controller so USB3.0 ports don't work at all with the existing usb3 kext (yet).

Andy do you release new package at soon?

Andy do you release new package at soon?

Not enough has changed since version 5 to warrant a new package really. I may put one together and include all the little changes if I get some time but it wont really add much if anything for anybody that already has a working system.

Andy I tried to install your new dsdt and AppleHDA.kext but I dont know Im deleted to right files! Can check for me did I delete to right files? Thank you.

I delete all this files before install;

AppleHDA.kext

HDAEnabler888.kext

HDAEnabler888b.kext

HDAEnabler889.kext

HDAEnabler889a.kext

HDAEnabler892.kext

ALC8xxHDA.kext

ALC892HDA51B.kext

DSDT.aml

Andy I tried to install your new dsdt and AppleHDA.kext but I dont know Im deleted to right files! Can check for me did I delete to right files? Thank you.

I delete all this files before install;

AppleHDA.kext

HDAEnabler888.kext

HDAEnabler888b.kext

HDAEnabler889.kext

HDAEnabler889a.kext

HDAEnabler892.kext

ALC8xxHDA.kext

ALC892HDA51B.kext

DSDT.aml

Woah what a mess! You shouldn't have had half of those files installed in the first place on a p8p67 pro. If you are using a p8p67 pro then yes delete them. If you are using anything other than a p8p67 pro then you should not even be attempting to use the new dsdt and AppleHDA files - They are P8P67 Pro ONLY.

Woah what a mess! You shouldn't have had half of those files installed in the first place on a p8p67 pro. If you are using a p8p67 pro then yes delete them. If you are using anything other than a p8p67 pro then you should not even be attempting to use the new dsdt and AppleHDA files - They are P8P67 Pro ONLY.

Thank you man Im using EVO but still working well new dsdt.aml and AppleHDA.kext. Thank you anyway.

Thank you for this guide and for trying to make idiot proof, but I think it's not (yet) so. A certain level on Macs is required to follow it.

First, I am a complete newbie in Apple/Mac/hackintosh world, but not in computers in general (Windows, Linux).

I have an Asus P8P67 rev.3.1 motherboard and I am trying to install (on real hardware) any and every Mac OS X I can find, without succeeding. I tried iAtkos S3, iAtkos L2, iDeneb 1.6. They all fail at some point when booting the DVD to install on hdd, or after install, on the first run from hdd.

I found your guide now, determined to follow it, but I don't understand some things:

- many guides require a Mac to help prepare all the steps to install on a PC. Well, if I had a Mac, why would I bother installing it on a PC? Wouldn't it be possible to use a Mac OS X installed in a virtual machine instead? I have one installed, iDeneb 1.6, which will help me with your tutorial, as it is my only option.

2 - A downloaded copy of the 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app',

What is this? As a newcommer, I have no idea where to get this, your tutorial does not say. I am assuming it would be an original DVD image of Lion?!

So I continue to mount the image, and find in it an item labelled "Install Mac OS X Lion". If I right click on that and choose "Show package contents", I get a new Finder window showing a folder Contents, but in it there isn't any folder SharedSupport as you say at

4 - double click the 'Contents/SharedSupport' folder to open it in finder,

even if I set Finder to show hidden files.

Now I am completely stuck.

What is this? As a newcommer, I have no idea where to get this, your tutorial does not say. I am assuming it would be an original DVD image of Lion?!
There is NO such thing as an orignal DVD image of Lion :wallbash: You get the Lion installation app from the Apple app store - It's a tutorial on how to install it not how to buy it or steal it!

Putting that aside most people here were already running snow leopard or leopard before upgrading to Lion so creating the boot usb is not a problem - if you dont have an existing mac installation then yes of course you are going to have a problem. You could always try installing snow leopard before jumping straight to Lion - there are many boot cd's that will work to enable you to load the original snow leopard install dvd.

P8P67 / i2500K / Powercolor Radeon 6870

I have been trying to get Lion on my PC. I've been out of the osx86 game since leopard and much has changed since then.

What I've done is installed Lion onto my hard drive from my Mac laptop using a external enclosure. Then I patch it, again from the Mac using your "P8P67 Installer.pkg". However, when I move the drive over to the PC, it doesn't seem to recognized as a boot device at all. I just get an endless underscore cursor.

I've managed to get a boot loader going by installing chimera over that, from the mac again. But once I boot into my install I get the following error:

From path: "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourcesMatch</key><String ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Still waiting for root device

What am I doing wrong. I would really appreciate any help at all!

thanks,

Hi all,

Thank you Andy; I've managed to install and update Lion to 10.7.2, on a P8P67 Pro rev 3.0

I've used the latest bootloader, dsdt and applehda you've posted and all is working great.

Only glitch so far, System info says that Bus Speed is only at 400 MHz. Do you think it's only cosmetic?

Also, my HD 4870 is restless and won't go and resume from sleep.

So I plan on looking for a Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor X and run it with two monitors, which hopefully is more compatible.

Hi guys urgent help. I made stupidy thing and Im stocked now I can't anything. I made a partition with disk utility and install the windows this new partition after that I want to back again to my hackintosh but I can't. I deleted windows partition again maybe I can back but this time I get this line words " please insert boot device and click any key" but my HD already insert machine don't recognise it. I have external HD dock I put my HD on and check my HD all files there but I can't boot. Please anyone knows how to boot my mackintosh again?

Hi guys urgent help. I made stupidy thing and Im stocked now I can't anything. I made a partition with disk utility and install the windows this new partition after that I want to back again to my hackintosh but I can't. I deleted windows partition again maybe I can back but this time I get this line words " please insert boot device and click any key" but my HD already insert machine don't recognise it. I have external HD dock I put my HD on and check my HD all files there but I can't boot. Please anyone knows how to boot my mackintosh again?

You need to set your lion partition as active.

Boot from the windows 7 dvd, select repair, system recovery and command prompt. Then use diskpart to set the partition active.

diskpart

list disk

select disk x (x =number of disk that contains the correct partition)

list partition

select partition x (x = the number of your lion partition)

active

then quit and reboot and you should be ok.

You need to set your lion partition as active.

Boot from the windows 7 dvd, select repair, system recovery and command prompt. Then use diskpart to set the partition active.

diskpart

list disk

select disk x (x =number of disk that contains the correct partition)

list partition

select partition x (x = the number of your lion partition)

active

then quit and reboot and you should be ok.

Thank you man but I cant make it this way cause I deleted alI windows partition and when I insert to Windows 7 dvd and choose system recovery computer says no any recovery. Beacuse of that I cant make it this instructions. But I try to with Pro Lion install USB I opening my Lion but when I restart again boot from HD nothing happend after restart black screen coming. What can I do in Lion? Should I install again Pro installer pack or just change boot files? What do you suggest?

Thank you man but I cant make it this way cause I deleted alI windows partition and when I insert to Windows 7 dvd and choose system recovery computer says no any recovery. Beacuse of that I cant make it this instructions. But I try to with Pro Lion install USB I opening my Lion but when I restart again boot from HD nothing happend after restart black screen coming. What can I do in Lion? Should I install again Pro installer pack or just change boot files? What do you suggest?

Seriously? Even after being given step by step instructions you still need your hand holding?

Read this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-7-recovery-environment-command-prompt/ READ IT PROPERLY before replying that it doesnt work.

No man Im seriously follow your instructions step by step. In the link give you I choosed Repair your Computer options but never came System recovery options panel cause I deleted all windows partition computer says no any recovery. Forget it man I used Pro Lion install USB for boot and install chameleon boot again with champlist.app. Everthing is now works perfectly. Please don't mad us man you're computer skills are pro level. Don't compare us with you :) Your skills are naturally :)

No man Im seriously follow your instructions step by step. In the link give you I choosed Repair your Computer options but never came System recovery options panel cause I deleted all windows partition computer says no any recovery. Forget it man I used Pro Lion install USB for boot and install chameleon boot again with champlist.app. Everthing is now works perfectly. Please don't mad us man you're computer skills are pro level. Don't compare us with you :) Your skills are naturally :)

Sorry - I was a bit blunt and I do apologise, no excuse really.

Glad to hear you have it fixed though :)

I've done some playing around with sleep and the usb3 drivers may or may not break it depending on which revision of the board you have. On a revision 3.1 board sleep flat out will not work so far as I have found with my testing. On an original b2 revision (revision 1 basically with the sata flaw) sleep works fine and thats using a clone of the same drive as used on my revision 3.1 system but only if i remove the usb3 drivers. I'm guessing revision 3.0 boards act the same way as revision b2 boards and that sleep will work without the usb3 driver. One other thing to bear in mind is that enabling pll overvoltage in the bios will almost certainly trash sleep.

Thanks for all the hard work Andy, I bookmarked this thread as I'm about to upgrade my existing hack to a P8P67 PRO 3.1 board & 2600K

I've read on these forums that DSDT files are specific to a given bios version, can you confirm this? If so, is it better to make one's own dsdt file using this link?

http://tonymacx86.co...hp?f=14&t=35559

and have you tried to use the speed stepper next? There's a guide for the P8P67 (non pro) here:

http://www.insanelym...dt&fromsearch=1

do you think it would work with the pro or shouldn't I bother? Maybe that may fix the sleep issues?

I've read on these forums that DSDT files are specific to a given bios version, can you confirm this? If so, is it better to make one's own dsdt file using this link?

Apparently yes however in practice I've never really noticed a problem. The dsdt that I use is based on bios 2001

and have you tried to use the speed stepper next? There's a guide for the P8P67 (non pro) here:

do you think it would work with the pro or shouldn't I bother? Maybe that may fix the sleep issues?

I don't use speedstepper because I modified my bios so that speedstep and sleep work without it however yes it should work for the pro too. You will have to remove the usb3 kext to have any chance of sleep working though. On my revision 3.1 board sleep refuses to work no matter what however that may be down to the 6970 because sleep works fine on my revision 1 board using a pair of 6870's.

Apparently yes however in practice I've never really noticed a problem. The dsdt that I use is based on bios 2001

I don't use speedstepper because I modified my bios so that speedstep and sleep work without it however yes it should work for the pro too. You will have to remove the usb3 kext to have any chance of sleep working though. On my revision 3.1 board sleep refuses to work no matter what however that may be down to the 6970 because sleep works fine on my revision 1 board using a pair of 6870's.

Great, thanks for the answers. I've just received the hardware today, I'll try your guide and will tell you if sleep works with my 5850 graphics card.

Ok, I've upgraded my old mackintosh (Q6600, P35DS3R) to a P8P67 PRO rev 3.1 with an Intel SB 2600K, and I'm having random freezes where the cursor can still be moved but everything else is frozen (keyboard unresponsive, cannot drag or click on anything)

Same problems on both 2001 and 2103 BIOS,

Tried many options in the BIOS, still having freezes. Weird messages in console include "nstat_lookup_entry failed 2" and USBF: transaction hasn't moved in 5 seconds.

I suspect it's the graphics card (Sapphire Radeon HD5850); I've tried both with and without the graphics enabler, still the same problem.

Also, I have both EPU and TPU switches turned on on the motherboard. Should those be turned off?

Nothing seems to work. I get freezes even while booting from the USB stick, something is very wrong here. Could you share with us your modified bios file? I'm running out of time and options here... :(

Do you have anything plugged into the usb3 ports? (they wont work on this revision of the board anyway as it uses a different usb3 controller)