T.B.B.

314 posts in this topic

No Go.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Nevermind.

Got it running and with QE/CI.

How?

Used the AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kexts from Snow Leopard to get past "PCI Begin Configuration"

Then followed the instructions posted here.

Few bugs at this moment.

1: No multi-monitor

2: Not all VRAM recognized (1.5G displayed)

More tweaking I guess.

Additional suggestions are always appreciated .

Thanks

I've tried every which way I could find to get my GTX 570 to work in Lion or Snow Leopard and I still can't seem to get anything to work.

I followed the above instructions and inserted the ID for the GTX570 into the plist, and I did the netkas OpenCL patch as well as installing ATY_Init. But I still get no acceleration, and I can't even get it to recognize any resolution other than 1600x1200 (my monitor is 1920x1200).

ATY_Init appears to load but says something like "The 1081 card already has keys sent.". My card also appears with the correct information in the System Profiler.

Is there anything else I can do?

I'm using a legit copy of the GM I have from the developer program if that matters.

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro

Processor: Core 2 Quad Q9550

GPU: eVGA GeForce GTX570

I've tried every which way I could find to get my GTX 570 to work in Lion or Snow Leopard and I still can't seem to get anything to work.

I followed the above instructions and inserted the ID for the GTX570 into the plist, and I did the netkas OpenCL patch as well as installing ATY_Init. But I still get no acceleration, and I can't even get it to recognize any resolution other than 1600x1200 (my monitor is 1920x1200).

ATY_Init appears to load but says something like "The 1081 card already has keys sent.". My card also appears with the correct information in the System Profiler.

Is there anything else I can do?

I'm using a legit copy of the GM I have from the developer program if that matters.

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro

Processor: Core 2 Quad Q9550

GPU: eVGA GeForce GTX570

EVGA GTX 570 SC works for me with the method described. I also get the ATY_Init message but I have full hd resolution, QE/CI working. Maybe you are using the wrong boot loader? Did you repair your kexts properly (try kext wizard).

I'm currently using Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r1083 as the boot loader. I installed the .kexts with kext helper b7 but I haven't repaired them at all. I remember at one point as I was restarting I got a popup saying some extension wasn't installed properly and needed to be reinstalled but it closed before I got a chance to read it all. I'll update after I've tried repairing the kexts.

EDIT: Looks like repairing the kexts fixed it. Thanks a bunch. :)

Got it to work, too. With 560ti Golden Master from Gainward and 0x1200. CI/QE works, even Dual Display 2xDVI

did not apply OpenCL patch yet.

Anyone got HDMI to work incl. Audio ?

Yeah. I have been using HDMI from the beginning. I haven't tried my DVI ports but since yours work I figure mine would too...but not sure about HDMI audio, I'll have to check.

The only other big issues I see are related to my mine not being able to sleep. I think it may have to do with my ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe motherboard, but I'm not sure since there is not an official DSDT for it.

Is anybody else having issues with freezing or glitches? I've noticed after running for a day or so suddenly a bunch of black boxes start covering the screen with any new window until the whole screen is black and I have to restart. Also a lot of 3D apps either crash themselves or cause the entire system to freeze. Specifically BIT.TRIP BEAT freezes on start, while Second Life causes the whole system to freeze. I haven't tried it with my other games from Steam yet.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is actually the fix but after switching to Chimera v1.4.1 r877 as a bootloader instead of Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r1083 and turning off Graphics Enabler the crashing from Second Life and BIT.TRIP BEAT seem to have stopped.

Nevermind.

Got it running and with QE/CI.

How?

Used the AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kexts from Snow Leopard to get past "PCI Begin Configuration"

Then followed the instructions posted here.

Few bugs at this moment.

1: No multi-monitor

2: Not all VRAM recognized (1.5G displayed)

More tweaking I guess.

Additional suggestions are always appreciated .

Thanks

I do not have to roll back my kexts to get past PCI Begin Configuration... thats not right... I also don't need ATY_Init

I use graphics enabler = yes / device ID's in my GF100.kext / custom DSDT with no graphics settings / and boot flags -v and npci=0x2000

try typing the boot flag npci=0x2000 AT BOOT... and see if it works.. if it does, then you have a malformed character in your com.apple.boot.plist and it needs to be checked... (i had that problem)

graphics enabler = yes is the same thing as ATY_Init (a graphics injector) you use one or the other.. but you don't need both.. with the Chimera Boot loader (1088) it works fine for me with GE= yes

You are correct though on only one core being recognized... 1536 ram instead of 3k... would love to get dual cores working.

I do not have to roll back my kexts to get past PCI Begin Configuration... thats not right... I also don't need ATY_Init

I use graphics enabler = yes / device ID's in my GF100.kext / custom DSDT with no graphics settings / and boot flags -v and npci=0x2000

try typing the boot flag npci=0x2000 AT BOOT... and see if it works.. if it does, then you have a malformed character in your com.apple.boot.plist and it needs to be checked... (i had that problem)

graphics enabler = yes is the same thing as ATY_Init (a graphics injector) you use one or the other.. but you don't need both.. with the Chimera Boot loader (1088) it works fine for me with GE= yes

You are correct though on only one core being recognized... 1536 ram instead of 3k... would love to get dual cores working.

Yes, Kext Rollback was unnecessary. Did get the card going enough with the npci=0x2000 flags.

However, I cannot get dual dvi output and multiple resolution.

I used to get that using some other fermi package and booting in safemode.

Scratching my head about it.

Yes, Kext Rollback was unnecessary. Did get the card going enough with the npci=0x2000 flags.

However, I cannot get dual dvi output and multiple resolution.

I used to get that using some other fermi package and booting in safemode.

Scratching my head about it.

Okay , i goofed.

Dual monitors works. I had a monitor attached to the lower dvi and the second to any of the upper. In that config dual dvi would not work. Seems like the lower dvi port works only by itself.

Hey guys,

here a tutorial how to install your 5XX GTX cards. Right now I'm still missing a list which ones are supported yet. But i can confirm the following: 570, 580, 590

1. Install Lion DP4 or GM

2. After Install: Go to System/Library/Extensions/ and open up (Show Package Content) the NVDAGF100Hal.kext.

3. Go to Contents and open up the file info.plist

4. Go to the following line in the file and add your own device id. You have to google for that though:

1081 is GTX570

1080 is GTX580

1088 is GTX590

<string>

0x06c010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0dc010de&0xffc0ffff

0x0e2010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0ee010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0f0010de&0xffc0ffff

0x104010de&0xffc0ffff

0x124010de&0xffc0ffff

0x108110de&0xffe0ffff --> this is 570GTX and was added, change it to your device id

</string>

5. Mac will ask you to duplicate it. Do that and save the file somewhere else. Replace it the old one with the new one.

6. Install ATY_Init. Use a kext utility for that. Don't forget to rebuild cache and kexts.

7. In my case (I've got Chamelon installed): set Graphic Mode and enable Graphics Enabler (don't know if that is necessary though)

8. Restart your mac. Done.

Link for ATY_Init: http://rghost.net/10381881

All credits goes to Netkas and The Rominator :) Thanks for your efforts.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm buying an Intel notebook with nVidia Graphics or with AMD graphics (I just can't make up my mind), but if I do get a fermi mobile GPU (5xxM), are these instructions the same?

Hello!

I've successfully installed OSX Lion GM with my Asus GTX580 1.5GB graphics card on a Asus P8P67-LE. Using the above information I successfully got full resolutino on my monitor with 1920x1080.

However I think I got QE/CI working, since I'm able to see that "shaking thing" when adding a widget to dashboard and I can use screensavers without problems.

My hackintosh however does have the following problems regarding the "acceleration":

- whenever I try to watch Flash Videos it hangs up the whole system, needing to restart afterwards

- Chess is hanging up everytime I launch it (black screen, it can be however closed after showing that black screen)

- I am not able to playback any video footage of my harddisk, neither avi nor others using VLC /Quicktime

Am I doing it wrong? Maybe there's still something that I probably might missed on it.

Hello!

I've successfully installed OSX Lion GM with my Asus GTX580 1.5GB graphics card on a Asus P8P67-LE. Using the above information I successfully got full resolutino on my monitor with 1920x1080.

However I think I got QE/CI working, since I'm able to see that "shaking thing" when adding a widget to dashboard and I can use screensavers without problems.

My hackintosh however does have the following problems regarding the "acceleration":

- whenever I try to watch Flash Videos it hangs up the whole system, needing to restart afterwards

- Chess is hanging up everytime I launch it (black screen, it can be however closed after showing that black screen)

- I am not able to playback any video footage of my harddisk, neither avi nor others using VLC /Quicktime

Am I doing it wrong? Maybe there's still something that I probably might missed on it.

I'm not sure what is going on here either. I am having the same issue. toying around with boot.plist in my /Extra folder fixed it temporarily but I rebooted, and the glitches were back. I'm wondering if it is the version of Chameleon I am using, or if it is something else...

Hmm, I don't know. I'm currently using Chamaeleon Bootloader and I am quite satisified with my hackintosh atm, although hardware acceleration without hangups would be highly appreciated :)

However the whole system is quite stable and I don't have any hangups or problems with my system at all, except the graphics problem. Even the digital audio out works perfectly -- I can listen to music, work and use my favorite apps without any problems....

If only the graphics acceleration would wor k:/

hmm thats really weird. well VLC doesn't work either. but any other player does! (try mplayer)

also chess and flash player are no problem. Though other 3D apps like Dolphin don't work yet.

You have also to regard that those drivers are still in dev. Thats why they are not activated yet. So they are not 100% functioning. I hope there will be stable drivers with the next lion update (i know its GM but there will be still updates). Also you can try to enable CI.

http://netkas.org/?p=794

let me know if that improves your situation

Hmmm... At this point

I have to agree with the fact that it must be a driver bug because sometimes (one out of ever 20 boots) I can load 3d apps including Dolphin just fine. I also tried enabling OpenCL but that actually made it worse and broke flash player and VLC for me.

Right now, the only thing that doesn't work for me is 3D Apps/Games. Otherwise the system is running flawlessly.

I can confirm what mayhemm88 is saying: Everything works right flawlessly, except the 3D Apps/Games stuff and Video Playback. However, I think this will work within a few weeks and until now the whole system doees exactly what I want it to do ;)

Well, I haven't given up on getting the 3d acceleration working and I think I have found a temporary solution. by booting with the -v flag I am able to run 3d applications just fine. This means the problem is likely how the driver is being loaded at boot time, and may have to do with driver caching

Does anyone know a way to force the driver to load every time at boot rather than having it cached?

After hours of playing around with my boot.plist based on a hunch my intuition has paid off. The problem appears to be a bug related to the GraphicsMode key in /Extra/boot.plist. To enable 3D acceleration if you are having problems you must edit the file so that the GraphicsMode key is blank like this.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

I have tried rebooting five times now, and everything is working 100% ;)

@mayhemm88: Impressive finding.

Just 3 noob questions:

1) Im using GTX580 and I could activate native resolution and some screensavers are working. No QE-CI is working because i dont see the ripple effect when adding applets to the F12 screen. 3D acceleration is that the same as QE-CI ?

2) My Boot list was empty so no "Graphics Mode" entry. Do I still need to adjust my boot list and add the above code to it ?

3) To activate the full capabilities of the GTX580 are only Dev ID adjust of NV100.kext + GraphicsEnabler=Yes is necessary ? I know i need to adjust the geforcebundle as well for OpenCL. I see different methods for adding the dev-id. The Dev ID should changed to 1080 for the GTX580 but what must be included behind &amp ? I mean:

0x108010de&0xffe0ffff

0x108010de&0xffc0ffff

0x108010de&0x00000000

What does the bold code mean ?

Thx .... the upcomming evening / night is reserved to get the GTX580 fully working :-)

@mayhemm88: Impressive finding.

Just 3 noob questions:

1) Im using GTX580 and I could activate native resolution and some screensavers are working. No QE-CI is working because i dont see the ripple effect when adding applets to the F12 screen. 3D acceleration is that the same as QE-CI ?

2) My Boot list was empty so no "Graphics Mode" entry. Do I still need to adjust my boot list and add the above code to it ?

3) To activate the full capabilities of the GTX580 are only Dev ID adjust of NV100.kext + GraphicsEnabler=Yes is necessary ? I know i need to adjust the geforcebundle as well for OpenCL. I see different methods for adding the dev-id. The Dev ID should changed to 1080 for the GTX580 but what must be included behind &amp ? I mean:

0x108010de&0xffe0ffff

0x108010de&0xffc0ffff

0x108010de&0x00000000

What does the bold code mean ?

Thx .... the upcomming evening / night is reserved to get the GTX580 fully working :-)

Just copy whatever is after the &amp from the line above the one you are adding. That is what worked for me. For the OpenCL hack you need a hex editor. That one is a little more advanced. I'd stay away from hex editing driver files... but that might just be my sysadmin experience talking

and add the key <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

if you are having trouble booting boot with the flag npci=0x2000