Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

check this out here

Thank you.

But the system receives the correct EDID. And DualLink fix had not changed anything.

The display is correctly detected, but no pictures on it.

And this strange error "Transcript offline" ... about which I can not find useful information.

Hi

Need help , I followed instruction provided for Mac Lion, On booting from USB I am getting below

ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml

FADT: Restart fix applied

FADT: Using custom DSDT

Starting Darwin x86_64

and after that it gets rebooted and initial boot screen re-appears.

Please advice.

Hello to all.

I have succeffully installed Lion with Madl0n instruction.

But i have a problem with my video card ATI 4850.

My modo is Gigabyte Ga-Ep45ds3l

After adding the Exotic patch and reboot the screen remain grey and i cannot see the desktop.

Could anyone tell me how make it work ?

tks

Giuseppe

I have a problem: when I booting the usb the system reboots. before restarting with this error for a moment:

dmi table entries list is full next entries won't be stored

I tried

-v -f busratio=28

-v  busratio=28 cpus=1

the problem persists I can not install Lion.ho aggioranto the bios to the latest version. my configuration is signed

Hi! I've installed lion using this guide. On my 200GB and 500GB hdd's it runs fine. But when i install on my other 1TB disk os doesn't boot.

I can boot 1TB installation using USB. I have installed Chameleon on the HDD but it doesn't boot, even to the Chameleon screen. It hangs up on a black screen and i'm forced to hard reset my machine.

I reinstalled the system over and over again, still no luck to boot off the disk itself. My previous Snowleo install was booting fine on same disk.

I even copied working (10.7) extra folders and kexts over to the 1TB disk. No luck again.

Any ideas? Thanks.

other error:

acpi table not found dsdt.aml
No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value
using pci-root-uid value 0
acpi table not found ssdt.aml
acpi table not found dsdt.aml
[i]ACPI CPUs not found[/i]: C-[i]States not generated[/i] 
[i]ACPI CPUs not found[/i]: F-[i]States not generated[/i] 
starting darwin x86_64

please help

Hello MaLd0n,

i have changed the vga card and tried with Geforce gtx 275 and it works with grafic enabler=yes

This evening i will try again with ati 4850 and let you know.

Does the newer bootloader here need the boot plist to be renamed?

With org.chameleon i cannot have the grafic card properly working even if Geforce GTX285

The ethernet work and also the sound.

I have problem of KP after awake from sleep. Have i to use Apple RTC ? ( never used in SL with my GA EP45 DS3L ?

Tks

I followed the instructions perfectly, but after I tell my computer to boot the lion install ESD it always reboots. I've tried using the hackboot boot disk and installing chameleon directly on the osx installation usb drive and booting from there. No luck. Can anyone please help me?

Using ASRock Z68 Extreme4, 2500k, 4GB DDR3-1333

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Since I have os x installed on the drive I want to install Lion on, I managed to get the newest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installed. Whenever I use it to boot my usb drive, I get this error:

http://i.imgur.com/K9Ptc.jpg

Hello MaLdOn and all of you!

I'm having the same problem than jn2jn2 (see the image file)

My specs are EX58-UD4, i7 960, 24GB G-Skill, Raptor WD150, GTX285.

Any idea? Thanks again :D

My USB Install Lion Disk won;t boot my i5 with Gigabyte H55M-USB3. It freezes on the start up. If I unplug the USB disk that everything is fine again. But that, I cant install Lion. Can anybody help me here?

gr. Ivokik

My USB Install Lion Disk won;t boot my i5 with Gigabyte H55M-USB3. It freezes on the start up. If I unplug the USB disk that everything is fine again. But that, I cant install Lion. Can anybody help me here?

gr. Ivokik

try boot cd

see the first post

gr. Ivokik

It's a "bug" with Gigabyte boards. If you can create another partition on your USB stick and install Chameleon to that, it works fine (Or, try boot CD :))...

Hi.

I followed this guide directly step by step and got following problem during installation:

CODE

Aug 8 13:19:23 localhost OSInstaller[345]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fa5c260f480 {NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg”., NSFilePath=/Volumes/lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.AdditionalSpeechVoices, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa5c5270e80 "The operation couldn’t be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error"} {

NSFilePath = "/Volumes/lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root";

NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while extracting files from the package \U201cAdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg\U201d.";

NSURL = "AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg";

NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=BOMCopierFatalError Code=1 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error\" UserInfo=0x7fa5c57a0520 {NSLocalizedFailureReason=FinishStreamCompressorQueue error, offset=2861, type=BOMCopierFatalError, sourcePath=/System/Installation/Packages/AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg, destinationPath=/Volumes/lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root}";

PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.apple.pkg.AdditionalSpeechVoices";

}

Aug 8 13:19:23 localhost OSInstaller[345]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fa5c260f480 {NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg”., NSFilePath=/Volumes/lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.AdditionalSpeechVoices, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa5c5270e80 "The operation couldn’t be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error"}

Aug 8 13:19:24 localhost OSInstaller[345]: Install failed: Instalator napotkał nieznany błąd, który uniemożliwił instalację. Skontaktuj się z producentem oprogramowania po pomoc.

Tried to copy other "AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg" because I thought that this one is corrupted but no luck either. Anyone got some ideas what could be wrong whit it?

Will this method work with a 4GB USB drive?

Hello

you need 8 GB free space on pen drive or other partition

ciao

Hello Mald0n

i have now solved the VGA problem.

I have this kind of problem.

When i awake after sleep is all ok. When i shut down i have KP. ( just done the AppleRTC patch )

Could you pls help me ?

Tks

Giuseppe

Hello

you need 8 GB free space on pen drive or other partition

ciao

Hello Mald0n

i have now solved the VGA problem.

I have this kind of problem.

When i awake after sleep is all ok. When i shut down i have KP. ( just done the AppleRTC patch )

Could you pls help me ?

Tks

Giuseppe

I have no idea about it

sorry

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253992