Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

I've followed the guide completely, made sure HPET was enabled, added NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and yet I'm still getting this error

GA-EX58-UD3R?

Use Auto-Patcher

For the DSDT.aml? I used your program and put the file it created in the Extra folder

your DSDT is not read

this patch is already in the DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaldOn you are awesome.

Been using your guide since DP4, to make painless installs to both C2Quad and Sandybrigde systems.

Now, the only thing that bugs me is that apple somehow removed support in the Ati5000controller.kext for displayport support on 5870 with 10.6.8 and 10.7 excluding a 100% ACD mDP install ( installer is fine, but no display after reboot ).

So I have this modified ati5000controller.kext that gives back displayport ( QE/CI and no crashes )....

Question to you is: Would it be possible to implement or swap this kext into the installer .pkg / .dmg so it would run flawless with displayport after firstinstallation reboot ?

Again, thanks for your excellent guide. Its by far the easiest I have encountered.

Cheers!

I've got Asus F3Sc laptop and I have been using there 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. Now it is running under 10.6.7.

I am trying to install Lion with the method mentioned above, but got stuck in a wear problem. At first I got problems with PCI configuration, but using older AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kext fix it.

But the system stops after some time, just in the moment the graphics should appear. Stop is the wrong word - the last message - SendHCIRequestFormatted is reapeted every couple seconds, so there is no hard crash.

I was suspecting problems with video card (GeForce 8400 M G) but I think that's not the point. I tried turning on and off GraphicsEnabler, or using NVEnabler or NVinject - no difference.

So I was suspecting problems with encrypted installer, but DSMOS is arriving, and using different fakesmc or even old AppleDecrypt kext makes no difference.

Photo attached.

Any ideas?

post-145566-1312370271_thumb.jpg

Thanks to your guide, I have a working Lion.

I want to try a different smbios.plist. Is it risky to try a different one?

If anything goes wrong how do I get back without installing from the beginning ?

what is your processor?

Any ideas?

try it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259068

replace kext after restore

try it

It seems I can only fast reply on ipad :-( will be home later MaLdOn, to reply with quotes.

To answer you:

Yes but how can I put in the kext if the kext I need to swap is inside a package ? I tried to see if Iceberg, Packages or Pacifist woulddo the trick but supposedly they cant make apple installers.

Or what trick do you have up your sleeve ? :rolleyes:

send me this package

and tell me which kext you need

This is the kext that is modified and needs to be replaced by the same:

http://cl.ly/2a0M3i1W0n2K1r1Z0R1F

After I did restore, I moved the packages to the Package folder, I then tried several .pkg files and to (don't expect me to be right!), it seems that this very file is in the BaseSystemBinaries.pkg (310mb).

Maybe I am wrong, because what I simply did was to install this package to an empty harddrive to see what files it would "put" there. And it was in indeed the System/Library/Extensions and voila, inside was the Ati5000.Controller.kext.

I hope you know what I am saying, but let me know if you don't :-)

Hello,

Thanks for the guide. I did follow your instruction and had to manualy copy the mach_kernel from the extra folder to the root of that usb stick.It could boot and launch Mac OS Installer. However, when I click on install. It gave me the message of " There was a problem Installing"Mac OS X", try reinstalling " message.

I also tried to access the OSINSTALL patch package to the USB stick. It's said that I am out of disk space on that drive.

Thanks for your input.

@mald0n

I installed following your method. then for post installation, I used chameleon 2.0 rc5 r1269

my system is:

gigabyte ep45 ud3r

core 2 quad

sapphire ATI radeon 5750

i also used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method for post installation then replaced some kexts in extra with the ones you supplied

now i get the following KP

thanks for any input

post-476107-1312498452_thumb.jpg

Hello,

i have followed the Madl0n guide, but stopped to Can't find the mach_kernel.

I have read that i need to copy and paste to the root of usb drive.

I think is a good idea to inform the people telling this in the first page of this 3d.

Tks

Giuseppe

Hello,

i have followed the Madl0n guide, but stopped to Can't find the mach_kernel.

I have read that i need to copy and paste to the root of usb drive.

I think is a good idea to inform the people telling this in the first page of this 3d.

Tks

Giuseppe

first of all that is a system file, unless you un hide it, you will see squat

awesome stuff!. my 2 cents.. MacBook4,1 smbios.plist doesnt give me speedsteps.. MacBook5,1 or pro6,1 works best for me (graphics 8600m with 6,1 loads fast browser and cooler temps)

Great

MacBookPro5,1 work too

Chipset is not Intel, but it works fine fun.gif

I followed the instructions perfectly, but after I tell my computer to boot the lion install ESD it always reboots. I've tried using the hackboot boot disk and installing chameleon directly on the osx installation usb drive and booting from there. No luck. Can anyone please help me?

Using ASRock Z68 Extreme4, 2500k, 4GB DDR3-1333

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Since I have os x installed on the drive I want to install Lion on, I managed to get the newest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installed. Whenever I use it to boot my usb drive, I get this error:

http://i.imgur.com/K9Ptc.jpg

Update -

I was able to boot my 5920g after replacing IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext in /S/L/E. Replace them on the install dvd/usb to get the installer booting as well. The zip I downloaded said the IOPCIFamily.kext was from 10.6.7. Only thing not working is sound using Mald0n's auto-patched dsdt for 5920 and the same enabler-less techniques (AppleHDA rollback, ALC8xxHDA.kext) that worked for 10.6.8 but I'll figure it out.

Update: I had to get a newer IOPCIFamily.kext than the 10.6.7 version because Lion's built in driver for my Broadcom 4312 wireless wouldn't load because the IOPCIFamily version was too low. I have linked the post I downloaded the it from below, you will still have to rollback to an earlier AppleACPIPlatform.kext as well or you will get KP on 10.6.8 and above.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1680824

This IOPCIFamily has Chun-Nan's modifications on a newer version than is I have seen typically available for download. Not sure if those mods are necessary, but the IOPCIFamily fix option on [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8 didn't work for me, still got KP, and this one works just fine.

Update 2: Make sure UHCIreset=yes in com.apple.boot.plist, I thought it wasn't needed with the dsdt I posted earlier in the thread, but apparently it is.

Hello everyone.

I trying to install Lion on HP Pavilion DV7-6053er. Almost everything works except the video. At boot time error occurred "Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181 000] failed.".

After that, the moment appears a blue screen and then black.

The system works, i can connect by VNC. QE / CI also works, just no picture on the screen.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Hello everyone.

I trying to install Lion on HP Pavilion DV7-6053er. Almost everything works except the video. At boot time error occurred "Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181 000] failed.".

After that, the moment appears a blue screen and then black.

The system works, i can connect by VNC. QE / CI also works, just no picture on the screen.

Can anyone help with this problem?

check this out here