Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

OK, installed DP4, it's working perfectly, but no PS/2 Support and there's a weird glitch with the logon screen, before it shows up it shows some pixel patches and random colors, then it whites out and the logon screen comes in. Anyone has this happening?

Hi everybody and thank you MaLdOn for your guide.

I'm trying to install Lion DP4 to my Sandy Bridge system and I get this

"Error 4 trying to transition CPU 1 to OFF" etc...

when I boot from Usb stick.

Any idea ?

Hey, I'm getting to the install screen but it freezes randomly during the install. Installing on a Vostro 1500. I followed the beginning instructions exactly. Do I need to add those kexts at the bottom into the extras folder possibly?

Same Here. This may be specific to Dell notebooks (I have XPS M1530). I raised this before but no one answered. ;)

You just have to keep trying until it completes.

Rgds

Hello!

1) Thank's a lot for this tutorial!

2)

Hi,

Does anyone having problem when the USB plug in the computer in BIOS caused fail to boot up?

as for my case, i can't boot up my usb after restore the Lion.

I have the same problem. After restored the modified Lion image on my External hard disk drive (USB: Seagate Expansion), i reboot and most of the time i can't access beyond the BIOS. And when the BIOS is loaded, the computer doesn't recognize the external hdd as a boot drive.

Tried with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], nothing else.

Have you any ideas? :/

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french and 15.

EDIT: I wanted to try a DVD install, so I downloaded this HackBoot_Lion.zip ( 6.87MB ). But this is only the "Chameleon modified for booting Lion". I need the image of Lion.

You said "Creat .dmg"

then "burn to DVD"

But what I must put in the DMG? The original Mac OS X Install ESD or Mac OS X Lion Base System ? :wacko:

Thanks again.

EDIT2: Hello again, if i use the HackBoot Lion to boot the original Mac OS X Install ESD, it show me a kernel panic. And when I want to burn the .dmg created with the modified USB image of lion, it says that the .dmg is too big for the disc, but i use DVD 4,7G. wtf? :/

I managed to burn a good DVD with the modified Lion image (cdr). The problem is now that I have a kernel panic that speak about Firewire error with a Firewire kext. ;)

Tried putting AHCIPortInjector, ATAPortInjectior and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector from my Snow Leopar Install into the /e/e folder, but now when I boot I get the spinning beach ball and no installation window. Any Ideas?

Added generate P & C states to com.apple.boot.plist no difference

Added PCI root to com.apple.boot.plist still no difference

Added GraphicEnabler and Graphic mode to com.apple.boot.plist still no difference

Anyone got any suggestions?

Same Here. This may be specific to Dell notebooks (I have XPS M1530). I raised this before but no one answered. :)

You just have to keep trying until it completes.

Rgds

have the same problem as me???? please!

my computer dell xps m1530

CPU: i7-950

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD5

GPU: GeForce GTX 470

Can anyone tell me how well Lion will run on this setup??

great config

follow the tutorial

Hi everybody and thank you MaLdOn for your guide.

I'm trying to install Lion DP4 to my Sandy Bridge system and I get this

"Error 4 trying to transition CPU 1 to OFF" etc...

when I boot from Usb stick.

Any idea ?

Hi MaLdOn

Have you any idea of that ?

Hey geticus

I have no idea

Sorry

Thank you anyway man.

"Error 4 trying to transition CPU 1 to OFF" @/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.15.4/osfmk/i386/acpi.c:154

It's look like it's in relation with power management. I looked in google and I seen some macbookpro's owners 2009 having the same problem after waking from sleep. I don't know if that can help to understand.

Thanks for the kext but it don't work with me. I had to install the Realtek package (Thx tseug :) ).

Now it works but the bandwidth is calamitous. Any suggestion ?

I use this driver on a GA-P35-DS4 (Realtek 8111B) running the 64 bit kernel without any problems.

Those of you with Dell computers having random freezes, be it in install or during boot, You need to replace ACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext in /S/L/E with the ones from Snow Leopard. also if you are using a wifi card, most are, you will also need to bring over IO80211Family.kext as well, your system will boot and install from there.