Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

DSDT

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

Thanks a lot Maldon!

Can someone explain how to use smbios.plist on 10.7? It doesn't seem to work the same way it did in 10.6. No matter what smbios.plist I use, it still thinks it's an iMac12,1. If I use /Extra/smbios.plist, it kernel panics.

Also, does Netflix work for anyone on 10.7 11A459E?

Hi MaLd0n,

Thanks you a lot for this very good guide ...

I follow it and i was able to install Lion DP2 on my Dell optiplex 760 from an install partion and it runs well like a charm ...

I Follow your guide and i substitute OSinstall.pkg with one founded on Kext.com patched for MBR, so i was able to dual boot with winzoz XP.

I also created an USB pen with Chameleon R2.0 RC 5.0 r 755 + ExtraLion.pkg to boot and install Lion from it

Then i downloade your HackBoot Lion CD ISO and i do an impossible task for me ... i created my first Hackintosh Lion Boot and Install DVD.

Best Regards

PippoX0

HI maldon

could you update your first post to install LION DP3 with all files needed

THANKS in advance for your help

And congratulations for your job

:rolleyes:

i tried with the OSINSTALL (on the first post) but without success

always : Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer"

Please help me

PS: with LION DP2 it's ok but not with DP3

:(:hysterical:

thanks Maldon , everything seems to work OK...

BTW , if i clone the LION partition to another HDD do i need to re install Chameleon?

as for the Chameleon GUI , do you think that installing Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r902 will fix this or it will break LION boot?

thanks Maldon , everything seems to work OK...

BTW , if i clone the LION partition to another HDD do i need to re install Chameleon?

as for the Chameleon GUI , do you think that installing Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r902 will fix this or it will break LION boot?

I have no idea

test it

_DD.gif

I now have Lion D2 installed on my frineds pc.

ECS G41T-M7 board

1G DDR3

20GB - Lion

60GB - Windows 7 (not installed yet)

my network card is not working, it onboard.

i have uploaded my send_me.zip file can you look at it for me.

i had to installed VoodooPS2 & PS2drivers_v116.zip to get my ps2-mouse working.

did it by using a usb-kb/m!

upadte: just installed windows 7 pro, it sayes my lan is a Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E, but i han installed the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67%2B.pkg file and reboot and it did not work.

send_me.zip

I now have Lion D2 installed on my frineds pc.

ECS G41T-M7 board

1G DDR3

20GB - Lion

60GB - Windows 7 (not installed yet)

my network card is not working, it onboard.

i have uploaded my send_me.zip file can you look at it for me.

i had to installed VoodooPS2 & PS2drivers_v116.zip to get my ps2-mouse working.

did it by using a usb-kb/m!

upadte: just installed windows 7 pro, it sayes my lan is a Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E, but i han installed the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67%2B.pkg file and reboot and it did not work.

Put this on your System/ Library/ Extensions and repair permissions.... i have the same issue, what i did was i recovered my old SL ethernet kext and transport it to lion and it works

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Using an Old Dell Dimension E520. Core2 Duo, ICH8R as my Hackintosh

Being running various version of OSX including Snow Leopard for a couple of years.

Created the USB stick as per instructions with Chameleon and Extra Lion installers. USB stick boots the installer, but I cannot see the internal SATA drives. Can boot my Snow Leopard partition using the USB stick .

Had a similar issue at first on Snow Leopard fixed by setting AHCI mode (RAID ON) in the bios . But so far no luck in Lion with same approach

Any ideas?

Put this on your System/ Library/ Extensions and repair permissions.... i have the same issue, what i did was i recovered my old SL ethernet kext and transport it to lion and it works

Thanks will try