Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

I found it on the net.

This is the file name

Chameleon v2.0-RC5 Lion.pkg

It was going well for about 10 seconds then hung at this.

I have the same trouble yesterday.Try in verbose mode : -v arch=x86_64 or you can edit your com.apple.Boot.plist on your usb key and replace i386 by arch=x86_64.

Sorry for my bad english.

I get exactly the same problem. I haven't figured out how to get passed it.

I got past this by adding IOATAFamily.kext to Extra. If your SL installation has any other ATA-related kexts in Extra, add them too.

:rolleyes:

Hi Daniel..listen me...but this tutorial it is the procedure that will be executed also with the official escape of Lion to July?

just waiting to make sure

You will make a guide definitive?

if I can 01j.png

i am in lion now.

What do I need to do with this extras folder.

I have nothing working so far. No networking, etc

Also my resolution is making the bar off screen.

read the first post

Post installation

I managed to install DP3 without using a USB Stick. Just used a small chunk of the HDD without installing Chameleon and it worked. I'm downloading DP4 and will see how it works. Thanks for the guide. :(

Hi.I am trying to install lion DP4 on my Acer Aspire 5920g ( I have already on it fully working snow leopard ) following this guide but i am stuck on this screen.Any solution for me?

Try putting LegacyAppleRTC.kext with Extra folder. Maybe it'd work

Does anyone have the same problem like me,

When I use Chemeleon RC5-r1003 in USB stick, i can proceed to installation. even though "PCI Configuration Begin" occured.

After than, I install Chemeleon RC5-r1003 into my Lion Partition. But I just stuck in "PCI Configuration Begin" and the machine just hanged there.

GC - 240GTS 1GB RAM

Intel i5 760

12GB RAM.

GA-P55-UD3L FH.

Hi,

Does anyone having problem when the USB plug in the computer in BIOS caused fail to boot up?

as for my case, i can't boot up my usb after restore the Lion.

Same here. tried with different drives and every time i try to boot from a Lion restored drive, my bios doesn't even see it... pretty strange i guess...

Hey, I'm getting to the install screen but it freezes randomly during the install. Installing on a Vostro 1500. I followed the beginning instructions exactly. Do I need to add those kexts at the bottom into the extras folder possibly?

Danke für deine Anleitung. Die hat sofort für das Board GA-P35-DS4 geklappt. Ich musste noch nachträglich RealtekRTL81xx.kext installieren da sonst bei mir die OnBoard Lan Karte nicht lief.

Board GA-P35-DS4

OnBoard Sound: OK (Digital und Analog)

OnBoard Lan: OK (nach dem Install der RealtekRTL81xx.kext)

Bluetooh: Digitus Bluetooth Adapter DN-3020 Mini V2.0: OK

USB: OK

Ruhezustand: OK (Manueller und Automatischer Ruhezustand)

Boot-Zeiten: Braucht noch sehr lange beim Booten (Snow braucht bei mir ca. 20 Sekunden)

Wlan: ASUS WL138g V2: OK

GPU: ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 Graphics: OK (Geekbench stürzt bei mir ab)