Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

Thanks will try

Thanks every one, I just got my Windows 7 / Lion 10.7 D2 Dual Boot, PS2 kb/mouse and networking!!!

I will now try to it sound and video ?

Hi Maldon,

Thank you for the great job and the time you are dedicating to the community.

Tried this method on different platforms (Acer, Dell M1530). One consistent problem is that the process hangs during installation at different points. However, I did manage to get to the end of the installation after many, many tries (on DP3). I had no success with DP2.

Things improved when using MBR partitioning on the USB drive and putting Fakesmc in S/L/E.

Any idea whether I am missing something ?

Thanks and regards, -_-

Thanks every one, I just got my Windows 7 / Lion 10.7 D2 Dual Boot, PS2 kb/mouse and networking!!!

I will now try to it sound and video ?

Just ran the software update!

1 - update 988MB

now at 10.7 (Build 11A430e)

Is this D3 or D4 ?

Thank again to everyone

:)

update: ran update again:

1 - update 1.17GB /* when finnish will repost info */

Nothing. I can not enter or with-x.Give him! :)

01r.png

Things improved when using MBR partitioning on the USB drive and putting Fakesmc in S/L/E.

you could get at the end of the installation?

do the boot again with the pen drive

post-557433-1306939001.png

you could get at the end of the installation?

do the boot again with the pen drive

The problem is that it doesn't get to the end of the installation. Probably 1 in every 10 tries. :thumbsup_anim:

Not many people have mentioned it.

Thanks

The problem is that it doesn't get to the end of the installation. Probably 1 in every 10 tries. :unsure:

Not many people have mentioned it.

;)

"Load optmized defaults" in bios setup

Enable AHCI and HPET

and try again

Hi,

You just updated your DP2 (Update for Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 2 - Build 11A430e)

DP3 is Build 11A459e.

rgds

Notice:

1.) Sometimes the GUI will seems like it hang, no mouse, all i did to get it back is press the num-lock key on the keyboard?

2.) Keep seeing no update in "About This Mac -> more info", but when you select Software update if keeps seeing the "Lion Developer Preview Update 1.17GB", even if you update it. Why?

3.) Can't seem to find java for lion?

Do you thing Java EE 6 JDK can install java for lion?

4.) Chameleon Wizard 1.9 keep crashing every time it's about the update! Anyone having this problem?

mine: r921 Wizard: r939 /* This is now fix with the test version */

now at 1/june/11: 2:23pm updated: 10.7 (Build 11A444d)

doing another update 1.07GB

update 1/june/11 4:30pm : 10.7 (Build 11A459e)

no more updates!

:)

"Load optmized defaults" in bios setup

Enable AHCI and HPET

and try again

Thanks Maldon but I did all that. I was just wondering whether I need additional Disk drivers. I encountered this on both Dell M1530 and Gigabyte mono (G41M).

Maybe someone can share their experiences.

Regards :thumbsup_anim:

Notice:

1.) Sometimes the GUI will seems like it hang, no mouse, all i did to get it back is press the num-lock key on the keyboard?

3.) Can't seem to find java for lion?

Do you thing Java EE 6 JDK can install java for lion?

Hi,

(1) Thanks for the tip - I'll try that on my next install.

(2) What I did to install Java on DP3 was to run Maldon's DSDT AutoPatcher. This will then ask you to install Java and it will go and search for it.

Cheers,

Hi MaLd0n, how are you? :)

Thanks for the guide, really good

Maybe I have done something wrong, but I redid the procedure twice, and i have always found the mach_kernel in the /Extra folder , However moving the file in ' / ' the usb stick works perfectly

This only happens to me?

(2) What I did to install Java on DP3 was to run Maldon's DSDT AutoPatcher. This will then ask you to install Java and it will go and search for it.

Cheers,

I did that first and it tried to find the java runtime but fail, so i downloaded JavaForLion10.7 from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1689937

but now DSDT AutoPatcher just run and close is about 1.5sec.

I tried SystemInfo, the same thing!

How can one uninstalled a program from LION D3? java

Hi MaLd0n, how are you? :P

Thanks for the guide, really good

Maybe I have done something wrong, but I redid the procedure twice, and i have always found the mach_kernel in the /Extra folder , However moving the file in ' / ' the usb stick works perfectly

This only happens to me?

No probelm in DP2

DP3 is having problems 01i.png

No probelm in DP2

DP3 is having problems 01i.png

Yes, but i have install DP3 with your method ;) , mach_kernel is the only (simple) problem

Little OT : I have a little problem with lion, with the dsdt edited by you i get an error

PCI configuration begin

--> stuck

You know how I can fix? Thanks :P

No probelm in DP2

DP3 is having problems post-557433-1307043016.png

No kidding! DP3 is a different beast.

I've found that the BaseSystem.dmg doesn't have a kernel like the previous versions, so the mach_kernel needs to be copied from "Mac OS X Base System" after the restore. Additionally, I've never been able to boot the "Mac OS X Base System" without the ignore cache flag. This is using either a built mkext file in S/L/C/etc. from S/L/E or the prelinked kernel and UseKernelCache flag. Don't know why that is.

I haven't been able to compare what the difference is between the cache and what gets loaded with "ignore cache" flag, as they end up in a RAM disk. :) Is there a way to find out? The "kextstat" command is not available in /bin/bash.

MAJ

Little OT : I have a little problem with lion, with the dsdt edited by you i get an error

PCI configuration begin

--> stuck

You know how I can fix? Thanks :)

Hi,

To get around the PCI Config issue, Replace AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily kexts with the ones from DP1 (or even know working ones from SL). That worked for me.

Cheers

So, i have this damn issue that is starting to {censored} me off, some time ago i tryed to install Snow Leo on my pc, and via cd i always got the "still waiting for root device" error, then i tryed with USB stick method (boots only with -v mach_kernel otherwise i would have gotten again the "still waiting for root device" error), but in the installer, Disk Utility couldn't see none of my hard disks! (I have a 320gb SATA II hdd and a 250gb IDE hdd), so i kept trying but with no luck (tryed to install snow leo on my ide hdd via mac os x in vmware but with no results), another thing is, in my bios i can't change the SATA mode, it's greyed out on "RAID", now i tryed Lion, and at the chameleon prompt if I press only ENTER and everything starts to load i get again the "still waiting for root device" error, so, I wanted to boot with mach_kernel or -v mach_kernel, but guess what? At the chameleon prompt if i press anything except ENTER the letters start to "melt??!?" and the pc restarts, what the hell?? I'm so desperate i don't know what to do, this damn pc is {censored}!!! I really want an hackintosh (i hate windows), and I think that the problem is because i can't change to AHCI, any advice? I even tryed to flash my bios but it seems that i'm running the latest version so...

Acer Aspire M3640

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

2x1gb RAM 665 Mhz

nVidia Geforce 9500 GS

Acer MCP73PV/nforce 630i MoBo

and everything else is nforce (networking, storage drivers etc..)

So, anyone can help me??

EDIT: i managed to reinstall chameleon on the usb partition and tryed to boot with -v mach_kernel and worked, but i'm stuck (see photo), what now?

post-642829-1307105016_thumb.jpg

many users have this problem

I think that does not have a solution

I have found a topic with a possible solution, but i have this problem only with dsdt in Extra. Maybe I will write in your forum DSDT Auto-Patcher ;)

Thanks MaLd0n

LINK to possible fix

p.s. my nvidia 9800gtx+ work OOTB in Lion