Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

Those of you with Dell computers having random freezes, be it in install or during boot, You need to replace ACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext in /S/L/E with the ones from Snow Leopard. also if you are using a wifi card, most are, you will also need to bring over IO80211Family.kext as well, your system will boot and install from there.

Hmm, this gets me stuck at DSMOS has arrived. Not getting to installation screen now =\

Finally, Got Lion DP4 installed and working. Thanks MaLd0n. I was actually installing 'Extra_Lion DP4.pkg' file, installing 'Extra_Lion.pkg' file worked.

First change that I saw in DP4 was, No more Local Snapshots.

Those of you with Dell computers having random freezes, be it in install or during boot, You need to replace ACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext in /S/L/E with the ones from Snow Leopard. also if you are using a wifi card, most are, you will also need to bring over IO80211Family.kext as well, your system will boot and install from there.

I tried not! :)

dell xps m1530

ok tried it, same error

i used

-f -v

-v busratio=25 maxmem=4096

-v busratio=25 maxmem=4096 cpus=4

-v -x maxmem=4096 (this gave me same error just didn't detect ntfs)

-v arch=x86_64 (the same with -x)

i don't know what to try, could the image be damaged?

Nice tutorilal got my Lion runing, everythig works.

Sound: Audigy 2 platinum

Graphic: 8600gt 256mb gainward

MB: Ga ep-43 ud3l

It is stable, but some apps dont open or close, not even force close, must logg off

Thnx again best tutorial ever.

Should I not copy Language packages to my USB to safe a space, because my USB is 4GB ? Can I do this, or have to use like in SL, 8GB USB ?

I`m trying DP4

Is it possible to make a boot 4 GB USB flash drive with DP4?

Thanks a lot Mald0n!!!!!!!

After hours of trial and error I got both my Desktop and Laptop running DP4. On both systems everything works except sleep. On my desktop while booting from the usb I couldn't go further than language screen because my keyboard and mouse were not recognized (tried that with all 4 Lion DP versions still no keyboard or mouse). I finally went to Bestbuy and bought an Apple wired keyboard and I was able to go with the install. My old mouse wasn't recognized either but worked once I plugged and used it through the Apple keyboard. For my laptop I also used an external keyboard and mouse. Also on my laptop I was able to use most kext from a previous Snow install.

Desktop hardware configuration

Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H

CPU i5 650 3.2Ghz

4Gb or Ram

Nvidia Geforce 9500GT

Sound ALC 889 (I used ALC8xxHDA.kext + AppleHDA.kext)

Wireless PCI card by Buffalo model WLI2-PCI-G54S with Broadcom chip (worked out of the box)

Laptop Asus UL80JT

core i3 330 1.2 Ghz

8Gb ram

Nvidia 310M

Again thanks Mald0n and everybody else who contributed!