[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

I'm a n00b with this. I've been reading through the guides. I'm very impressed Mammoth. Thanks for all the hard work you've done here.

I'm looking to burn myself a Mamoth DVxt Boot CD v 1.15a and am running into a problem. The zip file is like... empty. If does have a folder titled "__MACOSX" that contains a RTF file that has next to nothing on it, and doesn't seem like I will be able to boot off of that if I burn it.

I'm also expecting not to find a DSDT for my laptop, is this a fair assumption? I'm planning on using the generic DVx MIIF. Will this work with my CPU?

Lastly the "Use any Wi-Fi card patch" I'm expecting to need to do. It seems pretty advanced. Should I just buy a compatible card, or are the directions pretty strait forward when your actually performing them? Messing with my BIOS does send up a yellow flag I have to admit.

Thanks

Hi gsly,

How is progress going with getting DP4 working on your HP laptop?

I hope you have managed to install it.

Will you make a guide on how you made it possible and link us to it.

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

NSCXP2005

I didn't have time this weekend to give it a try yet. Maybe this week...

I have made some progress with the DV6 and ATI 5650 graphics card.

My main concern was getting the laptop screen working properly which I was close to giving up on after days of trying.

This thread is what helped me get the graphics working with full QE/CI: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250905 (no need to to a bios dump of your card, you can ignore that part)

However I could not use this method with the Mammoth Method install as it would KP after installing 10.6.7 with the ATI kexts and modified boot script. I needed to use the Nawcom install method which Atlee used here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247432

Nawcom has a new kernel for 10.6.7 which I used along with his USB mod CD. I found them on his blog: http://blog.nawcom.com/

After installing the 10.6.7 combo update, along with the ATI kexts and Checco's boot script, the laptop would boot with an external monitor but the laptop screen remained backlit but black. Then once I installed SwitchResX and changed the resolution to 1366x768 the laptop screen turned on and is behaving nicely now booting on its own without an external monitor attached. Full QE/CI working.

The system is now running pretty stable with no KP's however there are a few things that don't work...

Currently not working.

Priority issues:

Sound is working but ignores the main volume control and stays at the same volume, even when muted. (Using voodoo kext I think)

The two USB ports on the right hand side work perfectly, however the left USB and eSATA/USB port don't work

Installed SleepEnabler kext but upon wakeup, screen remains blank.

Webcam not working and doesn't show in system profiler

Minor issues

System profiler reports 1 CPU with 4 cores. Have heard that the i7's should be reported as having 8 cores on a mac?

Changing screen brightness doesn't work.

No idea if the compuer is speed-stepping or activating the burst feature of the i7 processor - Geekbench score was below 3000. Though the system is reported as an iMac.. Strange.

I also tried booting with a patched DSDT for my machine but get a KP when I try this. It boots fine with the unpatched clean DSDT that I extracted before installing Snow Leopard, but doesn't seem to recognise any more hardware or perform any different to having no DSDT at all.

If anyone can offer advice on the issues above it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Sorry Friend....but nothing ....

if I have sucess I share with all,

Thanks....

Hi guys, please don't get mad at me for dumb questions, its hard to go through 28 pages! I've read through most of the OPs, and there is no mention of my system:

DV6 Quad edition

i7 2630qm

radeon hd 6770m

6gb ddr3

Just hoping for the best. I need fully functional LAN and WLAN

if you've seen mine, i have the most similar laptop to yours. i have posted somewhere in pages 15-20 (i think)

this thread is no help for sandy bridge yet i'm afraid

best chance we have is using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy method from tonymacx86

farthest i get there is full qe ci from gfx through hdmi and vga, but a blank screen on internal display, switchresx does not work to fix like most people have. this could be fixed by using a proper ati framebuffer (like vervet or hoolock)

but updating and booting does work on 10.6.7,

wifi works

all usb works

haven't tested esata port, but it doubles as usb and it works

keyboard and trackpad works (however clicking doesn't work, must use external mouse and allow tapping to click in preferences)

however, no sound from voodoo nor applehda (i'm looking into patching my own, no time)

enjoy my broken english and good luck

if you've seen mine, i have the most similar laptop to yours. i have posted somewhere in pages 15-20 (i think)

this thread is no help for sandy bridge yet i'm afraid

best chance we have is using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy method from tonymacx86

farthest i get there is full qe ci from gfx through hdmi and vga, but a blank screen on internal display, switchresx does not work to fix like most people have. this could be fixed by using a proper ati framebuffer (like vervet or hoolock)

but updating and booting does work on 10.6.7,

wifi works

all usb works

haven't tested esata port, but it doubles as usb and it works

keyboard and trackpad works (however clicking doesn't work, must use external mouse and allow tapping to click in preferences)

however, no sound from voodoo nor applehda (i'm looking into patching my own, no time)

enjoy my broken english and good luck

Looks like I'm SOL since the internal display doesn't seem to work for whatever reason. Hopefully someone is able to find a fix

i need a DSDT for my laptop :HP Pavilion dv6-3106eg

is there any version out here ? can anyone make one working dsdt for me ??

You have to extract your own. that is crucial for laptops (usually for all computers, using someone elses may kill your system i think). but anyone can patch it for you. I would like to recommend asking MaLd0n for help. he is the guy that helped me do the basic patches on mine. his thread is stickied in the dsdt section of this site and is titled "DSDT Auto-Patcher"

To extract the DSDT from a running system you can use Lavalys Everest under Windows. Right click the bar at the bottom of the window and find the DSDT dumping controls there. Then use the resulting DSDT.bin with ACPIPatcher.

good luck

I used DSDTSE on an actual MBP (Sandy i7 quad 2.0GHZ) model to extract its DSDT. Not sure if it can help anyone. I also attached my unpatched HP dv6t-6000 CTO (Sandy i7 quad 2.2GHZ) using DSDTSE for XP. Hopefully, someone can help me with my DSDT.

ZIP: System profiler for a real MBP and its DSDT, HP dv6t-6000 CTO (Sandy i7 2720QM quad 2.2 GHZ and switchable 1GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6770M, 8GB RAM, 750GB 7200 RPM, 15.6" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080))

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...e/dv6tqe_series

:D-_-:)

dsdt_files.zip

You have to extract your own. that is crucial for laptops (usually for all computers, using someone elses may kill your system i think). but anyone can patch it for you. I would like to recommend asking MaLd0n for help. he is the guy that helped me do the basic patches on mine. his thread is stickied in the dsdt section of this site and is titled "DSDT Auto-Patcher"

good luck

thank you :P i will ask him :D

but one last question -.-

can i install MAC OSX without the dsdt file and then after installation set up the DSDT file on the mac ?

Hi gsly,

Would you be able to tell us if you have had any progress with Lion on HP Laptops?

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

NSCXP2005

Yes I have! Today I installed Lion DP4 to an external USB hard drive. Attached is a screen shot.

post-60978-1308440569_thumb.png

I used DSDTSE on an actual MBP (Sandy i7 quad 2.0GHZ) model to extract its DSDT. Not sure if it can help anyone. I also attached my unpatched HP dv6t-6000 CTO (Sandy i7 quad 2.2GHZ) using DSDTSE for XP. Hopefully, someone can help me with my DSDT.

ZIP: System profiler for a real MBP and its DSDT, HP dv6t-6000 CTO (Sandy i7 2720QM quad 2.2 GHZ and switchable 1GB GDDR5 Radeon™ HD 6770M, 8GB RAM, 750GB 7200 RPM, 15.6" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080))

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...e/dv6tqe_series

:D-_-;)

Spent days try to get a method to work. Trying Mammoth, but it seems his method not support i core sandy bridge. The only one that can boot and install on my hp dv6tq is [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy and Retail 10.6.3. Crossing my fingers right now.

HELP ME PLEASE I WANT 2 Install OS X .. please give me guidance ... i lost mt all data during installation, may be i done something wrong ....

MY LAPTOP CONFIG. IS ...

HP Pavilion 17.3-inch DV7-4269WM Laptop:

Key Features and Benefits:

Intel Core i5-480M processor

2.66GHz

4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)

Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

750GB SATA hard drive

Store 500,000 photos, 214,000 songs or 395 hours of HD video and more

LightScribe Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD Burner with Double Layer support

Watch HD movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN

Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your HP Pavilion 17.3-inch DV7-4269WM Laptop PC with Windows 7

17.3" HP BrightView LED display

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 Graphics with 512MB DDR3 with up to 2202MB total graphics memory

Additional Pavilion Notebook Computer Features:

5-in-1 memory card reader

3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x USB port eSATA port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x headphone-out, 1 x microphone-in, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x VGA port

9-cell lithium-ion battery, up to 7 hours, 30 min battery life

Features

Fingerprint Reader

Blu-ray Disc Drive

LightScribe Technology

Built-in Webcam

5-in-1 Digital Media Reader

Bluetooth

Beats Audio

Spent days try to get a method to work. Trying Mammoth, but it seems his method not support i core sandy bridge. The only one that can boot and install on my hp dv6tq is [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy and Retail 10.6.3. Crossing my fingers right now.

if you get it to work, could you post how you did it?

Can anybody tell me/point me in the right direction of how to install osx on my laptop?

Ive looked through this guide but the thing that worries me is my computer has intel integrated graphics?

HP G72 B60us is the type of laptop i have. Ive searched the forum and really only found one thread on this specific type of laptop but i found this guide which was for hp.

So if anybody could tell me if its even possible/worth trying to install os x on this laptop?

Or would it be more worth my time just to use vmware?(although im up for a challenge)

Can anybody tell me/point me in the right direction of how to install osx on my laptop?

Ive looked through this guide but the thing that worries me is my computer has intel integrated graphics?

HP G72 B60us is the type of laptop i have. Ive searched the forum and really only found one thread on this specific type of laptop but i found this guide which was for hp.

So if anybody could tell me if its even possible/worth trying to install os x on this laptop?

Or would it be more worth my time just to use vmware?(although im up for a challenge)

If your laptop is not Sandy Bridge core, you have a better chance.