[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Mammoth, I thought HP's dv6 - dv8 machines have a badly compiled bios? The only compiler that would not report any error would be the microsoft one which was used to create the HP bios?

I've tried to extract my DSDT and compiled it into one of the aml or other file which i can't remember and I had errors.

Mammoth - I'm newbie-ish to all this so would appreciate some help with preparation for the install.

Specifically, I can't fathom the instructions for "Erasing, Formatting and Partitioning your Hard Drive" in the technical guide. The top of page 8 is where i get stuck - is there a part missing here ? What application are you referring to when you say 'On the left hand side...' ? is it the Snow Leopard Disk Utility ?

Thanks in advance

Mammoth - ok obviously you are referring to Disk Util on pages 8,9 etc of the Technical Guide - but the guide is still missing the start of this section.

My problem now is regard to step 10 - there is no format type of "MS-DOS (FAT)", just the 4 Mac OS Ext formats, 'Free Space' and Windows NTFS which i've selected - is this OK ?

I've got a scratch 500Mb 2.5inch WD Scorpio Blue drive attached via firewire to an iMac

Ahh - now that i've continued with the installation and fitted my scratch HD into the target laptop, i see the MSDOS-FAT option when partitioning, so please ignore my previous post - but the confusion was caused by the technical guide missing a page between 7 and 8

Now I've managed to install 10.6.3 using the DVx_03 MIIF, but have KP problem after installing to 10.6.7 combo - progress of sorts!

@xasianman

My dsdt attached.

Its created with the latest nixin patch.

Everything works except for the full screen in HDMI,that can be fixed by using dsdt fixes as described by Yehia Amer and dgrx in previous posts in this thread.Haven't done it myself (been busy with work).

Hope it helps!!!!

Hey guys,

I've got my machine installed/booting 10.6.3 but whenever I update to 10.6.7 it hangs on "DSMOS has arrived"

No sound or trackpad working either slowly trying to figure things out.

Also I can't seem to install windows 7 when I try it says it can't install to the partition becauses its GUID partitioned and if I use MBR i can't install OSx.

Any help appreciated.

Specs in my sig.

Played around with my setup and finally got windows 7 to install, now just have to see if it'll play nice with OSX and get osx to update to 10.6.7

When are the neccissary packages and files needed to Hacintosh a 2011 dv6tQE completely? Considering you can make a $1000 model with antivirus and warranty to be better in every way than a jacked up 15 inch MBP for $1100 less I kind of see this as a win whether I get Mac on it or not.

I sent Mammoth an email about this: if you update your installed version (to 10.6.7, and probably 10.6.6), then you can't use the MIID to boot into it anymore, without issues (like USB ports not working).

But if you boot into the "Mac OSX Install" on your MIID, you can run the same fdisk/dd commands to restore Chameleon on your Cham partition.

Hi guys

I had a successful installation on my dv5, and them i made a fresh install with a dvd of windows 7 on the other partion so no more chameleon.

I inserted de MIID that allowed me to boot again to MACOSX but now i dont have any of the usb ports working so i dont know how to reinstall the chameleon from my MIID again. Any one had this problem?

Thks

EDIT

Reinstalled the osx and and have booth os working ;)

now only have to resolve the sound card and everything will be fine ;)

dv5 1050ep cpu t9400 4gbram

Hy everybody and THANKS for this thread!!! ;)

I'm going to install Snow Leo on my dv6-2153el , i printed all this guide and now I'm following its steps;

i've just created a clean dsdt using ubuntu 10.10 x64 (as the guide said), how can i Test it? can I proceed with the installation? the CLEAN DSDT i created is attached :)

can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

DSDT_CLEAN_dv6_2153el.zip

Updated to 10.6.7 successfully thanks to a post by stargex.

Removed the Intel Graphics kexts and it finally loads but it's kinda slow.

Now just need to figure out how to get my ATI Radeon 4650 Mobile working.

Sound is working/No mousepad but I prefer my optical mosue.

Also getting a KP when I insert my flash drive into a usb port, really annoying.

Hi Mammoth and all, I used and worshipped your work a few months ago but have been busy for the last few months so I've not been able to try any more at full OSX install but I have some time now so now I'm gonna try again and am *loving* the look of the new thread and all the new cool stuff looks awsome!! Max respect and thanks for all the work you guys have done, I've only just re-opened the thread so I've not had chance to read through all the guide yet but reading just the posts it sounds brilliant!!! Just wanted to say anyways that I will be using/testing it shortly over the next few weeks so you have another i3 tester:-)

I read people are having trouble installing 10.6.3 on i3/5's, I don't know if you remember but when I posted on here before and you helped me I was advised by someone to use the Rebel EFI 10.6.3 to load the installer then follow your guide from there and it worked I totally got 10.6.3 working with full QE/QI working on a nVidia G105m 512mb and wired network, no sound but more or less everything else. Don't know if that helps or not, I'm hoping when I read the guides and use the new 2.0 method not the 1.15 one I did before it might work anyways:D :D but thought I should say:-)

Anyway thanks again and I will post back soon with results on installing 10.6.7 (hopefully:) on my dv7 3111-ea i5 4gb ram G105m 512mb and hopefully get all 4 cores working properly in 64bit and even sound (that would be amazing!!!) and did I read something about wifi maybe working?? That would completely smash it!!:-D

Much thanks for all of your hard work you've all clearly put in and look forward to testing and posting the results soon!

cheers,

sct

...Also just thought I'd share with you my (rather dodgey lol) cd image for any of you like me who like lightcribe or label printing:-) I've just read the start of the guide now and seems like everything has moved to usb (nice:-D) but I just made it and burnt my copy so thought I might as well share:-)

Enjoy anyone who wants lols:)

cya,

sct

post-437949-1303884037_thumb.png

Hi,

i have updated kext and Extra folder (and bootloader) to latest versions suggested here on my DV8 but now i have 2 main problems :

1) i cannot see temps any more in istatpro

2) system seems more responsive but i have the suspect temps are too high (fans always active, high temperature on the bottom of DV8's chassis)...

Trying going back, i see no more temperatures in istat ... dunno what's happened.

Has anyone any clue how to restore them ? Or another way to check temperatures and to verify if speedstep is working right ?

Thanks!

Mal

Hello!

Will this work for my laptop?

HP DV6 3020ep Link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=4247317

I tried to install iAthkos S3 v6 and I did it with sucess, the only problem is I can't boot!! It just restarts over and over!

I used flags, such as:

cpus=1

cpus=1 -f -v

busratio=17 cpus=1

busratio=17

-x -v -f

none of them work!

Can you give me some help?

This is my experience on HP dv6-2153el:

1) I followed all the guide advices step by step and this give me the possibility of booting without problems and getting 10.6.7 working with the new chocolate kernel;

2) I installed a pack (search on google) to enable my ethernet card cause Realtek kext included in cham didn't work for me; YOU MUST NOT DELETE this kext even if it's not working because it caused me the loss of Trackpad and keyboard (I'dont know the reason)

3) I patched my CLEANED dsdt.aml (extracted with ubuntu as in the guide) using dsdt patcher selecting the dv6 patch pack;

4) I installed the script to get audio working ( do this after you get your patched dsdt.aml)

What is working:

Audio (and volume buttons)

Video (Q/E enabled and i can change resolution)

CPU: All 4 cores/ 8 thread i7 recognized and if you open activity manager you can see the load of each core (remember that to show the cpu load info you have to open Window>>cpu usage cause activity manager main page shows only 1 graph)

Ethernet: Working without problems

What's still not working:

Wifi card BCM43225, I tried to patch the bios but it didn't work I'm waiting for a new way to fix it;

now I'm going to restore windows installation on the other partition ;)

Some may know this already, but for those that don't Realtek finally put out a driver for OSX that works on 64bit. It comes with an installer that will replace the "AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" inside the "IONetworkingFamily.kext" in S/L/E.

They added a bunch of NIC cards to it:

RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168

RTL8111C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D(L)

RTL8168C/RTL8111DP/RTL8111E

RTL8168E

With this driver I get Gigibyte speeds on lan. :) With the "RealtekR1000SL.kext" the most I could achieve was 10 MB. I just installed this driver, deleted "RealtekR1000SL.kext" from extra folder and ran pfix. Good to go :(

You can download right from Realtek Here all the way at the bottom.

Hey

I have a DV7 4058ca (below)

I've already managed to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 using your method and the Snow Leopard original DVD.

After the successfully install, almost everything works, but I cannot reboot or shut down because it will never boot again.

It only works on the first time.

I have tried almost everything possible and I keep getting errors no matter what

Sometimes I get stuck with the message "DSMOS has arrived"

I followed your guides step by step

Can you *please* help me?

Cheers from Brazil

Hey

I have a DV7 4058ca (below)

I've already managed to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 using your method and the Snow Leopard original DVD.

After the successfully install, almost everything works, but I cannot reboot or shut down because it will never boot again.

It only works on the first time.

I have tried almost everything possible and I keep getting errors no matter what

Sometimes I get stuck with the message "DSMOS has arrived"

I followed your guides step by step

Can you *please* help me?

Cheers from Brazil

You got a laptop with almost the same caracteristics as mine!!

Try boot with the cd :blink:

It works... the problem is boot without the cd!!!

I got stuck at bla bla exceeds maximum size.... I will install again from zero...

Cheers from Portugal :P

YAY! Finnally got it worked!

IT BOOTS! LOL

But, I don't have Airport, sound, Hardware acceleration, or anything else... but IT BOOTS! LOL

HP DV6 3020ep

Problems,

He doesn't recognize my Intel processor or Ram velocity!!

Many errors come up in boot system!

I will now try to fix all of them... I used i5i3 cd boot + iAtkhos S3 v2 ;P Follow almost the guide made by mammoth... it was to complicated for me! For eg: I did not understood the "cham Drive"....

EDIT: I fixed Airport (It works, only doesn't work with my Wi-fi network :P "bla bla self assigned IP"

Ethernet Full works in 100Mb's Full duplex (it's a gigabit, but who cares? it works!)

Sound: Still no sound

Hardware acceleration=none, can anyone give me the Ati Radeon HD 5470 kext? Itried a lot of them, none worked!

CPU is still "unknown" But in System Profiller shows up well lol

HP DV6 3020ep (can anyone give me the sound kext?)

Would these guides work with HP Pavilion p6180t

HP Pavilion p6180t customizable Desktop PC

• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

• Intel® Core 2 Quad processor Q8300 [2.5GHz, 4MB L2, 1333MHz FSB]

• 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]

• FREE UPGRADE! 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB

• Integrated graphics - Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 [VGA]

• LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive

• Integrated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, No wireless LAN

• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 U

Hello Mammoth & Everyone,

I installed using DVx and DV8 (no dsdt), but many things failed to work on my laptop. However, i gave a try to DV8 with dsdt on my laptop and followed the Mammoth's guide everything worked the way it was said in the guide.

Only things that are still not working are ...

. HP Webcam (0x0143 Bison cam) & buildn wireless (However, i'm using TP-Link WN321G without any problem)

My system score using Geekbench is 6540!

If i goto System Profile > PCI Cards

I don't have JMB38X driver installed

Also i need some help, Mammoth can you please help me out with this

when booting with -v

i get the following lines

warning: skipping personalities in blacklisted kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelMeromProfile

warning: skipping personalities in blacklisted kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelNehalemProfile

warning: skipping personalities in blacklisted kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPenrynProfile

What are these for? can you please please help me out with this. Thanks for all your hard work! I'm using your DV8 with dsdt.

Once again thanks for sharing and your hard work

(p.s: i using my machine since 2 days now without any problem or any kernel panic)

DV7 3080CA (VM197UA)

i7QM 720 1.6 GHz - 6GB ram - nVidia 230m - Bios F.1D A

I was wondering if there's been a solution to the issue with HP Broadcom cards. I have a DV6 with what's apparently a Broadcom BCM4312 and when I used this method a while back, everything but the wifi card worked. At the time I tried using this, which was about 6 months ago, there was no working wifi solution besides using a USB wifi dongle or replacing the card. Has this issue been resolved? I was able to get the card semi-working in Leopard but for some reason, it hasn't shown up at all in SL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

greetings to all - I'm wondering if I could ask all you guys for your advice - I have my DV7T i7 720 ATI mobility radeon HD 5650 working - full QE/QI and recognised correctly in system profiler but ONLY on an external vga monitor - LCD panel remains backlit but black.

Am I right in thinking this has to be a EDID issue - since the drivers obviously work on the vga is it just that the system doesn't understand the LCD panel?

Thanks - and apologies if this isn't the right place to ask.

Jim

Thanks to Mammoth, I can now have my Hp dv6-2193el dual booting with Ubuntu and OSx86!! I really need it to use some pro audio applications that run both on linux and mac.

So I don't mind the network is not working (nor the ethernet port nor the wi-fi) and the integrated audio device is not working too, I just need the usb port, the firewire port and the full cores functionality.

One thing: I've seen there are no translations available for the guide, would you Mammoth like me to translate it in italian? I'd really like to give some help, and this is something I can do.

let me know :)