[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

did anybody tried to install Lion on any HP DV computer ? if so what was needed?

I have, follow for maldons guide, not everything is working, for example sound is not working.

But is OK for get a feeling how it would be ;)

//Peter

Same here,,

Maldon method works for Lion install,but boot only possible with cpus=1(stupid HP bios),no sound,brightness kext loads but is not implemented,

Mostly things that work with snow are roundabout working,obviously needs a lot of fine tuning.

P.S. :Even with 10.6.8 my brightness slider is gone and I need Graphics enabler=yes for proper resolution which was not the case with 10.6.7.I used Taptuns kernel and the sound is still not working even in 10.6.8.Anyone care to help out on that.

@Taptun,

How do we use your AppleHDA.kext ,cos for me it does not work in either S/L/E or E/E?!!

Your previous patch works just fine till 10.6.7

I updated to 10.6.8 and switched the appleHDA.kext so now I got sound working but I noticed my graphics card is not registring right it comes up in the system profiler as this:

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 7 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a28

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Can someone tell me how to get my graphics card working again? I have a NVIDIA geforce 230 M

I just installed LION , everything works .......

Sleep , : it works with new kext , closing screen puts system to sleep , opening , wakes system

wireless Wi-Fi, : it works , no problem

sound : Is not perfect as before , but at least got audio , no input or mic

Graphics : Full resolution

now all we need is a modified Kernel to fix the CPUS=1 Busratio:12 Lapic problem

computer runs only on one core

I hope we can have the kernel soon ....... not sure who can come thru with this , but I hope we can find the answer

Hi mammoth i want to know how can i patch AppleHDA for IDT 92HD75B3X5 can you help me?? I have an ATI SBx00 Azalia(Intel HDA) for internal audio with dev id 0x43831002 and for HDMI i have an ATI RV710/730 with dev id 0xaa381002. The hexadecimal identifier of my IDT Codec is 0x111D7603. Now i use VoodooHDA 2.7.2 but it makes my audio crackling and it doesn't mute speaker when i insert the jack for the headphones in the connector, i have to choose output audio device manual in system preferences.

Yes i'm on osx 10.6.8 can you post me legacyHDA?? because i haven't it at the moment. And can you send me the complete dsdt mod to apply in my dsdt.aml?? Thank you

change your layout id like this

"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0xB3, 0x1D, 0x00, 0x00
						},

and this is my idinjector .also its contain my mouse ,camera.and bluetooth id to recognize ,built-in apple.if your hardawre are same with me you can see that your webcam and bluetoth report as apple one.for mouse add your device id to mouse section.

IDInjector.kext.zip

It's similar because the IDT is in my Hackbook as you can see in my signature, but it can have some problems with ATI4600Controller with my device id in?? sorry for my bad english. But for the dsdt modify can you post your dsdt?? so i can see where to modify because this is my first modify in dsdt.aml

Your IDinjector goes in Extra/Extensions or in System/Library/Extensions??

It's similar because the IDT is in my Hackbook as you can see in my signature, but it can have some problems with ATI4600Controller with my device id in?? sorry for my bad english. But for the dsdt modify can you post your dsdt?? so i can see where to modify because this is my first modify in dsdt.aml

Your IDinjector goes in Extra/Extensions or in System/Library/Extensions??

yes put it to extra/extensions

this contain device id for ati m 4650 so need to edit ati4600 plist anymore.

and this is my dsdt

find the hdef under pci0

put layout id id in hdef

DSDT.aml___.zip

Sorry, I posted this in the old threat first !

So I try this here again

Hi Mammoth,

I saw your guides for DVx HP Notebooks.

I am using a DV9314EA bought in France a couple of years ago.

I saw in different threats that you had a kind of DV9000. But today you are using a DV8.

I was wondering if I could use your guide for Mac OS X installation ???

If not, do you still have a Guide for my notebook ?

It's a Intel based one with a Core 2 Duo T5300

Geoforce 7600 Go with 256 Mb of memory.

I would be very gratefull if I could use my old HP for building iPad/iPhone applications ????

I thank you in advance for any help on this.

Sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm french...

I'm using chimera bootloader by tonymacx86 installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8.0. The DSDT loads because my notebook restart and switch off correctly withouth it, it don't switch off or restart. So what do i have to do?? Thank you for the reply great cyrus

I'm using chimera bootloader by tonymacx86 installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8.0. The DSDT loads because my notebook restart and switch off correctly withouth it, it don't switch off or restart. So what do i have to do?? Thank you for the reply great cyrus

so your dsdt is ok .just check that your kext has installed correctly and run repair premision.

I have installed AppleHDA by taptun in System/Library/Extensions with kext helper b7,your IDinjector in Extra/Extensions placed in it this folder and than i have run kext utility to repair permissions and to make the Extensions.mkext, and i've placed DSDT.aml in Extra folder and with chameleon prepfane i've added it to the com.apple.boot.plist. Help me great cyrus

I have got AUDIO works in LION,but not 100% but I got sound anyway, installed oldest WoodooHDA version 0.2.1.....

NOW we must get a working kext for the battery :rolleyes: using a kext from SL , now the battery looks OK

And a kernel to get all cores :wacko:

//Peter

Mammoth where are you now?

We need you to create a guide to installing Lion

I had installed LION on my Dv8 , no problems , everything works

Camera

Wi-Fi Wireless

Sound : with voodoo kext , can't control volume , mic works , this needs upgrade

Graphics at full resolution, have not tried to do the brightness + -

FaceTime works

All USB's work

Created a new DSDT with auto patcher after installation with all fixes

Battery works with voodoo battery kext

Sleep works , : closing and opening screen wakes and sleeps with the latest sleepEnabler kext

The only problem : it needs a new " Mach-Kernel" to fix the Lapic problem , since we can't start without the cpus=1 and the busratio=12 , making this awesome system run on only one core .

so if we could get the Higher " GODS" to fix our kernel and fix our audio I could make an easy guide.

UPDATE: Thanks to TapTun now we have anew Mach_kernel . Now we have all cores working . Awesome !!

if you fallow this guide you will be able to install Lion on your system

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260594

hope it helps......

post-377047-1311259118_thumb.png

• Like 1

I had installed LION on my Dv8 , no problems , everything works

Sound : with voodoo kext , can't control volume , mic works , this needs upgrade

hope it helps......

Hi, What version of voodoo kext are u using, could you attach this :D

//Peter

I have installed AppleHDA by taptun in System/Library/Extensions with kext helper b7,your IDinjector in Extra/Extensions placed in it this folder and than i have run kext utility to repair permissions and to make the Extensions.mkext, and i've placed DSDT.aml in Extra folder and with chameleon prepfane i've added it to the com.apple.boot.plist. Help me great cyrus

With latest Chameleon, you need to change from com.apple.boot.plist to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

And there are also some updates that you need to do in the SMBIOS.plist

And update the prefpane as well

plz.can you post your bdmesg .i can not saying anything to you blindly.

Test kernel for Lion

mach_kernel.zip

@Taptun ;)

thanks for your quick update