[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Hello,

Yesterday I did combo update 10.6.8 afterwards I put taptun's 10.6.8 kernel (mach_kernel) at OSX folder, and also intalled AppleHDA and Realtek kext which was given at Yehida Amer's boot cd. And then I restarted the system. But while booting, in the Synaptics Trackpad 6.5 section, it hanged on and couldn't continue. I tried -x for safe boot but it didn't work too.

I returned back to the 10.6.7 via TimeMachine.

How can I solve this problem ? (Or Should I try Lion)

Thank you.

Hello,

Yesterday I did combo update 10.6.8 afterwards I put taptun's 10.6.8 kernel (mach_kernel) at OSX folder, and also intalled AppleHDA and Realtek kext which was given at Yehida Amer's boot cd. And then I restarted the system. But while booting, in the Synaptics Trackpad 6.5 section, it hanged on and couldn't continue. I tried -x for safe boot but it didn't work too.

Thank you.

Hello SivridisMan

Put VoodooPS2Controller.kext in S / L / E

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

@Taptun

Hi, Are you trying to duel boot Snow and Windows? or just Snow? Partition formatting and load order "could" cause that issue. Do you have a DSDT for "Your" computer? Your specs are very similar to mine, and I would be happy to help. Although I have no knowledge of the boot cd. I originally did my hack from a flash drive.... Had everything working on snow leopard (except built in sd card reader), now almost there with lion, thanks to the help of others :(

I've followed the Guide using Windows as my base rather than an OSX machine. I've completed the following steps:

1. Collected all material needed, I think??

a. MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg

b. DSDT file for my laptop created with DSDT Auto-Patcher.jar

c. USB drive with three partitions. FIRST 400MB called MIIF with the MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg file on it. SECOND 7.8GB called OSX. THIRD rest of disk called MIFFs

d. BootCD MammothDVxtBootCDv1.15a

e. OSX install DVD, iMac Mac OS X Install DVD - Mac OS version 10.6.4

2. Copied MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg to the first partition of my USB drive and plugged the drive into my laptop.

3. Boot from the Boot CD

4. Swap to the OSX DVD when the Cameleon screen comes up

5. Hit F5 when the DVD light goes out

6. Select OSX DVD and hit Enter

7. Wait for language screen, select English and then hit the small arrow button, bottom right

8. On the next screen I get the Error. My only options are restore from a Time Machine or Reboot

I have successfull installed Lion on my HP DV8t 1100.

Using Taptun's patched kernel for Lion. Thanks Taptun :) .

I'm able to boot in with all the cores up & running.

I'm using Chameleon RC5 752.

I'm using the working auto patched DSDT from Snow Leopard. Same as one in Mammoth's MIIF for DV8t 1100.

Audio working using NIXin's patched AppleHDA from post #663. Thanks NIXin :D

Sleep/Wake all good.

Here are few issues i'm facing

1. On Using ApplePS2Controller.kext keyboard stops working after Sleep->Wake

Replaced it with VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

2. Issue with VoodooPS2Controller.kext. The key before '1' - `/~ is treated as §/±

3. Graphics Nvdia Geforce 230M not working until using boot flag GraphicsEnabler=YES in com.apple.Boot.plist

Snow Leopard detects it w/o GraphicsEnabler=YES

4. Card reader not working nor in my Snow Leopard. I guess card reader in DV8t uses PCI insted of ATA.

5. Remote not working.

6. Battery not working.

Please help.

Is there any extra DSDT patches to be applied for Lion.

Hello,

Thank you.

And also I wanna ask a different question about this issue.

Is there any way to load kext to a Mac system via Windows ? I mean, for example tonight I will try VodooPS2Controller kext but incase of it doesn't work and suspend anywhere while loading, I should boot it with Yehida Amer (or Mammoth) boot CD and restore back via disk utiliy. But it takes 3 hours. Can I have a chance to load this kind of text via Windows 7, I have it at the another partition of my laptop.

I've followed the Guide using Windows as my base rather than an OSX machine. I've completed the following steps:

1. Collected all material needed, I think??

a. MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg

b. DSDT file for my laptop created with DSDT Auto-Patcher.jar

c. USB drive with three partitions. FIRST 400MB called MIIF with the MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg file on it. SECOND 7.8GB called OSX. THIRD rest of disk called MIFFs

d. BootCD MammothDVxtBootCDv1.15a

e. OSX install DVD, iMac Mac OS X Install DVD - Mac OS version 10.6.4

2. Copied MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg to the first partition of my USB drive and plugged the drive into my laptop.

3. Boot from the Boot CD

4. Swap to the OSX DVD when the Cameleon screen comes up

5. Hit F5 when the DVD light goes out

6. Select OSX DVD and hit Enter

7. Wait for language screen, select English and then hit the small arrow button, bottom right

8. On the next screen I get the Error. My only options are restore from a Time Machine or Reboot

Hi,

Just to clarify for myself, did you "copy" the MIIF.dmg to the USB or "restore" it. It needs to be "restored". Seeing that you are using windows as a base I don't think that's possible, if you have no access to a Mac. Don't worry about the USB for now. You should be able to do an install from the bootcd and OSX install disk.

Make sure the bootcd, has "Your" DSDT.aml in the extra folder. Use the DV6 (i7 based) Auto-Patcher Patch Pack (from post #5 on the first page) with Auto-Patcher to patch your DSDT from Windows. You can use something like "UltraISO" to add the DSDT.aml, and re-burn the iso.

Is the "OSX install DVD,iMac Mac OS X Install DVD - Mac OS version 10.6.4" specifically for an iMac?

It may do a system check (like a Dell or HP restore disk). You may need to change the smbios.plist to emulate an iMac.

Are you trying to install both operating systems on the same hard drive?

Make sure the partition you are going to install Snow on is formatted to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

The good news is the install disk is actually booting. Just missing a detail at this point. You will get there :lol:

Now I got a different error. It hangs on at this section and it says :

RealtekRTL81xxxçkext: NIC identified as RTL8168D/8111D (mcfg=18)

after I upgraded 10.6.8

Which kext should I load ?

Thank you.

Try it

RealtekRTL81xx.kext.zip

In general, make your signature specification

@Taptun

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to get this guide working on my laptop. During the first stage I keep getting the following error after selecting my language in the OSX install screen.

"Mac OS X Cannot be Installed on this computer"

My process is:

Boot from the Boot CD

Swap to the OSX DVD when the Cameleon screen comes up

Hit F5 when the DVD light goes out

Select OSX DVD and hit Enter

Wait for language screen, select English and then hit the small arrow button, bottom right

On the next screen I get the Error. My only options are restore from a Time Machine or Reboot

My specs are as follows:

Boot CD: Mammoth DVxt Boot CD - v1.15a

OSX Install DVD: iMac Mac OS X Install DVD - Mac OS version 10.6.4

Laptop: HP Pavilion DV6-2119TX

Link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...lc=en&lc=en

Laptop Specs:

Graphics system - NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M

Drive 1 Capacity - 640GB

Processor series - Intel Core i7

Processor model - Intel Core i7-720QM

Processor speed (GHz) - 1.6

Standard Memory (GB) - 4

Ethernet - Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)

Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n

Screensize - 15.6

Native Resolution - 1,366x768

Any advice to get past this error would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a couple of images to show the booting of OSX and the error.

s6690l.jpg

2i77qww.jpg

Hi,

Just to clarify for myself, did you "copy" the MIIF.dmg to the USB or "restore" it. It needs to be "restored". Seeing that you are using windows as a base I don't think that's possible, if you have no access to a Mac. Don't worry about the USB for now. You should be able to do an install from the bootcd and OSX install disk.

Make sure the bootcd, has "Your" DSDT.aml in the extra folder. Use the DV6 (i7 based) Auto-Patcher Patch Pack (from post #5 on the first page) with Auto-Patcher to patch your DSDT from Windows. You can use something like "UltraISO" to add the DSDT.aml, and re-burn the iso.

Is the "OSX install DVD,iMac Mac OS X Install DVD - Mac OS version 10.6.4" specifically for an iMac?

It may do a system check (like a Dell or HP restore disk). You may need to change the smbios.plist to emulate an iMac.

Are you trying to install both operating systems on the same hard drive?

Make sure the partition you are going to install Snow on is formatted to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

The good news is the install disk is actually booting. Just missing a detail at this point. You will get there :)

Thanks for the info. I have re-created my DSDT with the DV6-i7 patch file. I think next I need to get a copy of the OSX DVD for a MacBook rather than the current disk I have. It looks like there is a check. Does anyone know if it will cause a problem if I change my smbios.plist on the bootCD to pretend to be an iMac? Will the install still work on a laptop with iMac install media?

Thanks for the info. I have re-created my DSDT with the DV6-i7 patch file. I think next I need to get a copy of the OSX DVD for a MacBook rather than the current disk I have. It looks like there is a check. Does anyone know if it will cause a problem if I change my smbios.plist on the bootCD to pretend to be an iMac? Will the install still work on a laptop with iMac install media?

Hi,

Changing your smbios.pilst will not cause major problems. The iMac is a desktop... as you probably know. Well the default install on the bootcd is a MacPro3,1, which is also a desktop. Check out this thread for some useful info. If you can get it to install emulating an iMac, you can always change your smbios.plist to a laptop later. Changing the model of your "Mac" will have an effect on power managment if you are using native intel power management. If you are using the nullpowermanagement.kext, it will not make much of a difference.

can someone tell me please a simpler method or other method for installing mac osx in my HP Pavilion dv6-3152ss

I have some problems with this guide and nobody answered me...

Please I need it because i need to program in mac

thanks

I've just started the process and have so far found it all a little confusing. The steps I'd recommend so far, to where I'm up to, is:

1. Pre-Install:

a. OSX DVD 10.6.3 or greater. DVD for a MacBook is optimal.

b. External Hard Drive or USB Drive of 8GB or larger. Plus a second USB drive, only needs to be around 1GB for file transfer.

c. Boot CD. For you, you need the Mammoth DVxt Boot CD - v1.15a_i5i3 from post #6.

d. Ghost your full laptop hard drive so you can restore if needed, and re-install your Windows 7 after you have finished your OSX install. I ended up using Acronis Disk Image rather than Norton Ghost.

e. Get a MIIF Library. You should get DVx_i5i3 from post #3.

2. Create a DSDT for your laptop:

a. Download DSDT Auto-Patcher from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

b. Copy, then unzip the file onto you laptop and double click DSDT Auto-Patcher.jar. Note you will need Java installed on your laptop to use this utility.

c. Select HP as the laptop type and DV6 Core i as the type. Try searching for a Auto-Patcher patch pack for your specific machine to get a better DSDT file. If you find one put the directory in the following folder: DSDT-Patcher-Linux-Mac-Win\packs\HP\

3. Get ready to start:

a. Burn the BootCD to a blank CD.

b. Copy the MIIF dmg and your DSDT to your little USB drive.

4. Installation Image Devices:

a. Boot from the BootCD

b. Swap to the OSX DVD when the Cameleon screen comes up

c. Hit F5 when the DVD light goes out

d. Select OSX DVD and hit Enter

e. Wait for language screen, select English and then hit the small arrow button, bottom right

That as far as I'm up to. I'll add to this as I get past this point.

LION look OK, but for example setting brightness up/Down is not working for me, is there any way to solve this ? tested in BetterTool to map F7 & F8 ans also the app Brightness Menulet.

But I can see tis in my log

Acpi brightness levels:11, lowest brightness:0, highest brightness:100

Using Cham 1227

WIFI works after I removed AirPortAtheros40.kext plugin under /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns

But I have some error in my kernel log, see attached file.

//Peter

send_me.zip

Hi,

Changing your smbios.pilst will not cause major problems. The iMac is a desktop... as you probably know. Well the default install on the bootcd is a MacPro3,1, which is also a desktop. Check out this thread for some useful info. If you can get it to install emulating an iMac, you can always change your smbios.plist to a laptop later. Changing the model of your "Mac" will have an effect on power managment if you are using native intel power management. If you are using the nullpowermanagement.kext, it will not make much of a difference.

I'm getting close to giving up on this ;)

I've updated a smbios.plist with iMac rather than MacBook as the system. Unfortunately I can't change the Boot CD on my windows PC. I've tried editing it in Ultra Iso and Magic Iso. Both create Boot CD's that don't boot once Ive changed it. I don't think I can actually edit the ISO on a Windows PC. Does anyone know a program I can use in Windows land to edit the Boot CD and still have it usable.

Hi,

From everything I've read, it seems like your install disk is locked to an iMac. You can try to change your smbios.plist and FackSMC REV number to match an iMac.... I don't know if that will work. I'll see if I can remake the boot cd with the default as an iMac.

If your going to get another install disk,your best bet is to get the Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail disk (as stated in Mammoth's instructions). This can be installed on "any" mac.

That's the disk that myself any many others here have used. Made for a relatively easy install, and updated with MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7. Had that working great on my HP.

I've upgraded my hackintosh from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 but some parts doesn't work.

Sound, screen just 1024*768 and sleep function all these don't work which are pefectly working on 10.6.7

Let me tell you what I did

I started Combo update 10.6.8

mach_kernel to trash and copy new mach_kernel which is taptun shared

I loaded AppleHDA.kext, VoodooPS2Controller and RealtekRTL81xx via Kext Helper b7

Run pfix via terminal and selected boot partition volume 1

And finally reboot.

10.6.8 have been started but as I mentioned sound doesn't work, screen only 1024x768 and sleep function doesn't work. How can I correct these ?

Thanks for your help.

I've just started the process and have so far found it all a little confusing. The steps I'd recommend so far, to where I'm up to, is:

1. Pre-Install:

b. External Hard Drive or USB Drive of 8GB or larger. Plus a second USB drive, only needs to be around 1GB for file transfer.

c. Boot CD. For you, you need the Mammoth DVxt Boot CD - v1.15a_i5i3 from post #6.

d. Ghost you full laptop hard drive so you can restore if needed, and re-install your Windows 7 after you have finished your OSX install. I ended up using Acronis Disk Image rather than Norton Ghost.

d. Get a MIIF Library. You should get DVx_i5i3 from post #3.

2. Create a DSDT for your laptop:

a. Download DSDT Auto-Patcher from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

b. Copy unzip the file onto you laptop and double click DSDT Auto-Patcher.jar. Note you will need Java installed on your laptop to use this utility.

c. Select HP as the laptop type and DV6 Core i as the type. Try searching for a Auto-Patcher patch pack for your specific machine to get a better DSDT file. If you find one put the directory in the following folder: DSDT-Patcher-Linux-Mac-Win\packs\HP\

3. Get ready to start:

a. Burn the BootCD to a blank CD.

b. Copy the MIIF dmg and your DSDT to your little USB drive.

4. Installation Image Devices:

a. Boot from the BootCD

b. Swap to the OSX DVD when the Cameleon screen comes up

c. Hit F5 when the DVD light goes out

d. Select OSX DVD and hit Enter

e. Wait for language screen, select English and then hit the small arrow button, bottom right

That as far as I'm up to. I'll add to this as I get past this point.

Damn, that a very good answer!!! Can i follow the process with one DVD of LION??? or I've to do it with older versions?? thanks

I've upgraded my hackintosh from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 but some parts doesn't work.

Sound, screen just 1024*768 and sleep function all these don't work which are pefectly working on 10.6.7

Let me tell you what I did

I started Combo update 10.6.8

mach_kernel to trash and copy new mach_kernel which is taptun shared

I loaded AppleHDA.kext, VoodooPS2Controller and RealtekRTL81xx via Kext Helper b7

Run pfix via terminal and selected boot partition volume 1

And finally reboot.

10.6.8 have been started but as I mentioned sound doesn't work, screen only 1024x768 and sleep function doesn't work. How can I correct these ?

Thanks for your help.

I found the solution and corrected all. What I didi is :

For display : I added GraphicisEnabler, Yes to com.apple.Boot.plist

For sound : I load Nixin AppleHDA kext which is posteed no663

Sleep : After I did above, it is automaticly fixed.

I had installed LION on my Dv8 , no problems , everything works

Camera

Wi-Fi Wireless

Sound : with voodoo kext , can't control volume , mic works , this needs upgrade

Graphics at full resolution, have not tried to do the brightness + -

FaceTime works

All USB's work

Created a new DSDT with auto patcher after installation with all fixes

Battery works with voodoo battery kext

Sleep works , : closing and opening screen wakes and sleeps with the latest sleepEnabler kext

The only problem : it needs a new " Mach-Kernel" to fix the Lapic problem , since we can't start without the cpus=1 and the busratio=12 , making this awesome system run on only one core .

so if we could get the Higher " GODS" to fix our kernel and fix our audio I could make an easy guide.

UPDATE: Thanks to TapTun now we have anew Mach_kernel . Now we have all cores working . Awesome !!

if you fallow this guide you will be able to install Lion on your system

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260594

hope it helps......

Hi oskr66,

We have the same DV8 laptop configuration. I have installed LION on my DV8 but have few things not working correct.

Is your Graphics working at full resolution w/o GraphicsEnabler?

Does your voodoo battery kext shows up correct backup time when power cable is unplugged ?

I have a issue with ApplePS2Controller.kext. Keyboard stops working after Sleep.

With VoodooPS2Controller.kext the key`/~ is mapped to §/±.

Which PS2Controller kext are you using?

Do you have your card reader and remote working too?

Can you please post you DSDT and other required kext's so that i can test them on my DV8.

Sorry for too many queries but i am really excited to get everything up & running.

Thanks in advance...

Hi oskr66,

We have the same DV8 laptop configuration. I have installed LION on my DV8 but have few things not working correct.

Is your Graphics working at full resolution w/o GraphicsEnabler?

Does your voodoo battery kext shows up correct backup time when power cable is unplugged ?

I have a issue with ApplePS2Controller.kext. Keyboard stops working after Sleep.

With VoodooPS2Controller.kext the key`/~ is mapped to §/±.

Which PS2Controller kext are you using?

Do you have your card reader and remote working too?

Can you please post you DSDT and other required kext's so that i can test them on my DV8.

Sorry for too many queries but i am really excited to get everything up & running.

Thanks in advance...

Hi , thanks for the inquiries , I do have Graphics enabler =Yes

Battery shows correct % and amount unplugged , but I have not tested the time to see if it is correct.

I do not use Voodoo PS2 kext, attached are my 2 files used on Extra folder

Card reader and remote are not working at this time , I had them working on snow, with 32 bits version ,

I tried to upload my DSDT , but it did not allowed me to upload it , not sure why

it gives me this error when tried " Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file"

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Hi gauravd & oskr66!

How did you solved the brightness up/down?

The only thing taht I'm not have to get worked is the battery, have you solved that, I now that is possible to replace a kext from SL, but if you have made it in a differren way, i should be pleased if you can tell that ;-)

Sleep is working so much better in lion and it did in SL :-)

Below is the dsdt.aml for DV7t-3000 (created by MaLd0n :wacko: )

HP Pavilion DV7t-3000 | Intel Ibex Peak-M PM55, Intel Lynnfield | Core i7-720QM | Sound Intel IDT 92HD75B3X5 | Nvidia GeForce GT230M 1024Mb + HDMI | 2x2 GB DDR3 1066MHz | Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN | USB Wifi Tenda W541U V2.0 (Ralink chipset) | Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20) | 17.3" 1900x600 | HDD Seagate ST9500420AS (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II) | Bios Insyde EFI F.1D

dsdt.DV7_i7.zip