[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Hey Mald0n,

Im new here and i need some help with my DSDT, i installed OSX 10.6.7 on my HP DV7-3180us and i have everything working besides sound, i tried patching and modifying my DSDT but i have no clue what im doing. I have a IDT 92HD75B3X5 audio controller and ive attached my dsdt from Ubuntu. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hello msb0103,

I have the same DV7 model and had also audio problems when using the generic MIID, now I have audio working using Mammoth's DV8 MIID as installation base... hope this helps.

Regards

Pbrena

-----------------------

HP DV7-3180us | Core i7-720QM 1.6GHz | nVidia GeForce GT 230M w/ 1024MB | 17" 1600x900 display + External Viewsonic VP2365wb 1920 x 1080 | 6GB RAM | 600GB HD | OS X 10.6.7 & Win7 Enterpr SP1 & Debian 6.0 (all in) 64bits

Hello El Felix,

Yes, sorry. I got your email and will be sending to you. I want to make a few corrections and updates first though, so hang tight and I'll get them to you once updated.

Thanks!

Don't worry, I just wanted to be sure you got my address.

When you can, send me the files, don't be in a hurry :thumbsup_anim:

bye and thank you again for your wonderful work!

Hello msb0103,

I have the same DV7 model and had also audio problems when using the generic MIID, now I have audio working using Mammoth's DV8 MIID as installation base... hope this helps.

Regards

Pbrena

-----------------------

HP DV7-3180us | Core i7-720QM 1.6GHz | nVidia GeForce GT 230M w/ 1024MB | 17" 1600x900 display + External Viewsonic VP2365wb 1920 x 1080 | 6GB RAM | 600GB HD | OS X 10.6.7 & Win7 Enterpr SP1 & Debian 6.0 (all in) 64bits

Thank you so much pbrena! It worked great! Have you gotten battery detection to work correctly? Mine doesn't seem to change if the computer is plugged in or not.

Thanks again!

msb0103

Thank you so much pbrena! It worked great! Have you gotten battery detection to work correctly? Mine doesn't seem to change if the computer is plugged in or not.

Thanks again!

msb0103

Wellcome !! :)

Mine does... at least now that I completed the upgrade to 1.6.7 and the rest of the customization steps in all the guides... I dont remember if it did right from the first steps.

By the way I removed the old WiFi card and installed the recommended one in the second bay, it works grate but Bios still send a warning at start up (latest bios 1D) and requires an enter to go on booting... Does anyone knows a workaround this? Shall we have to wait for the Bios patch updated procedure???

Regards

Pbrena

-----------------------

Thanks again!

msb0103

Wellcome !! ;)

Mine does... at least now that I completed the upgrade to 1.6.7 and the rest of the customization steps in all the guides... I dont remember if it did right from the first steps.

By the way I removed the old WiFi card and installed the recommended one in the second bay, it works grate but Bios still send a warning at start up (latest bios 1D) and requires an enter to go on booting... Does anyone knows a workaround this? Shall we have to wait for the Bios patch updated procedure???

Regards

Pbrena

-----------------------

Hi, I have a dv6 2044el (i7, Nvidia 230M, 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz...), I followed the guides, but now, after the setup of the flash drive, I can't boot the MIID because I have this kernel panic: Unable to find driver for this platform "\ACPI".

What should I do?

Thanks..

Never mind. I finally get it worked!

how did you fix this as i have the same problem

Hi Mammoth,

I tried latest MIIF for DV8 with DSDT. It worked fine and I successfully created MIID/XIID on 8GB USB memory. Everything was fine and OS X installation was successfully done. Chose Macintosh HD from Chameleon, but OS X didn't boot (error screen appeared).

I tried to use -v option. It halted after NTFS.

NTFS driver 3.2 [Flags: R/W].

NTFS volume name Data, version 3.1.

NTFS volume name System Reserved, version 3.1.

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

It seems Mac OS tried to enumerate all NTFS volumes but no name for one partition.

I made Ubuntu boot CD and created custom DSDT.aml and overwrote it. But the result was same.

My PC is HP DV8T-1200 i7-840qm, 6GB memory, BluRay and TV Tuner.

Could you please give me some advices?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

how did you fix this problem

as above post

my laptop is a Hp Pavilion Dv6-3120sa

all working but no QE just standard 1208x726?

installed with mammoth boot cd v2 osx 10.6.3

update to 10.6.6 then the same as you

your help needed

Hi Mammoth

My laptop is

Dv6-3120sa just got its i3 370m

dual boot with win 7

was running 10.6.3 updated to 10.6.6

used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the DSTD on the CD

under installation EXTRA

now it just hangs after it all loads?

-v

shows this

NTFS driver 3.2 [Flags: R/W].

NTFS volume name Data, version 3.1.

NTFS volume name System Reserved, version 3.1.

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

under

-x

we get past this but just hangs after all wfi is loaded and ethernet

can you help

Thanks

Ps can now boot into 10.6.6

is there any help on ATI Cards mine is hd5470

Hello and thank you for this super tutorial!!

I´ve got an HP Pavilion dv9585eg Notebook.

The Bios is ready und I follow your tutorial step by step.

I used the "MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg".

But I have some Problems:

1) Restart doesn´t work. Only the monitor goes off, but the fan always ran. Shutdown works.

2) The Display brightness doesn´t work…the display is sooo dark at the moment :)

3) Out of the box and after doing the EnableAudio script ...I have no sound jet

But the LAN Port worked out of the box!

Could you please help me??

mindsuk

I'm following your guide using a DV7T from 2008. I configured the BIOS as you specified and I insrted the mammoth boot cd followed by osx. However, It loads a bunch of flies then says "still waiting for root device"

photo1fx.jpg

EDIT: I tried buying an external DVD drive and removing the internal one. This is now the error I get:

photoacp.jpg

Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this?

I followed the guide and got 10.6.3 installed and booting but after I updated to 10.6.7 it hangs on "DSMOS has arrived"

I used the DVx_i5i3 with no DSDT MIIF and Mammoth 1.15a. I'm kinda lost now, I read most of this thread but didnt see a fix. My specs are in my signature

Thanks!

Edit: I did some searching and was able to use OSX86 ModCD 0.3.1 to boot. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Edit2: I had a DSDT created by MaLd0n and it got stuck on

BootCache: hit rate below threshold (875 on 2268 lookups)

BootCache: hit rate below threshold (877 on 2271 lookups)

BootCache: could not terminate cache on bad hitrate

I then created a clean DSDT in ubuntu and tried that still got the same error.

I'm placing the DSDT in the extra folder located in the Cham partition. Is this correct?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello and thank you for this super tutorial!!

I´ve got an HP Pavilion dv9585eg Notebook.

The Bios is ready und I follow your tutorial step by step.

I used the "MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg".

But I have some Problems:

1) Restart doesn´t work. Only the monitor goes off, but the fan always ran. Shutdown works.

2) The Display brightness doesn´t work…the display is sooo dark at the moment :)

3) Out of the box and after doing the EnableAudio script ...I have no sound jet

But the LAN Port worked out of the box!

Could you please help me??

mindsuk

Sorry, I fill my signature…hope you could help me as soon as possible! Thank you!!

Sorry, I fill my signature…hope you could help me as soon as possible! Thank you!!

Okay, Restart is working now with "EvOreboot.kext"!

I try "SleepEnabler.kext" for Sleep, but it don´t work :P

I try "VoodooHDA.kext", but no sound at this time! :(

I can´t change the level for Display brightness!!

Could someone help me with that?? Please!

First of all, Thank you Mamoth, and all others who helped with this awesome work  :blink:

I created my MIID and XIID bootable USB, but since I am having a i5 machine so I needed to create the DSDT :( , I  started creating DSDT.aml file for my laptop, and after a lot of work i managed to get rid of all errors  :D but unfortunately  :) i couldn't get rid of warnings, remarks and optimizations, actually those are 14 warning, 11 remarks and 7 optimizations.

So I was asking if someone could help me with the remaining

Thanks in advance for your help

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Device is: HP Pavilion dv6-3152ee,full specs:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02531012&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=emea_middle_east&site=null&lang=en&key=null&product=4301185

Clean DSDT was create using ubuntu 10.10 live cd

Both Clean DSDT and DSDT patched using DSDTSE are attached

DSDT.zip

Clean_DSDT_Ubuntu10.10.zip

I did the procedures usb flash 8gb, put the MIIF the first partition, I got the DVX MIIF generic, to use in DV6, I put the terminal in the correct parameters, but every time I boot the flash drive it reads the stick and falls in hd for not being able to find the boot. I put the cd of 1.15 gave the mammoth boot it chose to start the MID and a partition error that the Kernel-Match was not found

Thanks a lot Mammoth, and contributors, for all your work and documentation. I was able to install SL 10.6.4 in October on my DV8, and have it been using it quite smoothly since (I'm doing webdesign/dev and iOS SDK dev). I'm waiting for OSX Lion to do a fresh install.

My question is about the fan speed.

It seems to run on high speed very often, even if no greedy app is launched (right now I just have Firefox 4.0.1 with 1 tab and the fan is quite high).

Compared to Win7, the fan speed/noise is way higher on my SnowLeo.

Have anyone encountered that ? Is there a fix ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

le squirrel

sure. you r welcome.

here is how i made it (terminal, extreme long command)

and the dsdt as well.

DSDT build

between, fyi, my ati 6770m 1gb is 0x1002_6740, vendor

----------------------------

in general, for all of you HP DV6-6xxx Fighters, dont give up, READ this !

FYI

here is a kind of "solution" how some guys were succeful with their osx on HP DV6-6xxx

please read this thread carefully if you want, hope you guys will be succeful too, wish you the best / im gonna try it on monday, too:

First HP DV6-6xxx OS X Solution, i know

all credits and thx go out to the HP DV6-6xxx "neverGiveUp-pers" like ninditsu / KLN / tazzix and everyone i forgot :)

How is this DSDT working out for you roger, I have a very similar computer to yours. Did you end up using the mammoth method or the one from the other link

How is this DSDT working out for you roger, I have a very similar computer to yours. Did you end up using the mammoth method or the one from the other link

till last week, i tried many known tuts (including mammoth / anval / kyle_c / tonymac / tonymac legacy / tonymac chimera) and methods, but cant get the hd3000 nor the ati 6770 to run. (0x1002_6740, vendor) there seems to be a tut on tonymac, how to manually include this vendor into the ati driver - dont now if thats enough or if you need to find out which ati framebuffer (there are many of them) is the right one for you, your ati vendor id.

give the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the newest chimera 1.4.1 a try and please report if you were successful

with the tonymac method.

after 3 months of waiting theres still no MIIF for dv6, so no successful instl. with this method for me.

till last week, i tried many known tuts (including mammoth / anval / kyle_c / tonymac / tonymac legacy / tonymac chimera) and methods, but cant get the hd3000 nor the ati 6770 to run. (0x1002_6740, vendor) there seems to be a tut on tonymac, how to manually include this vendor into the ati driver - dont now if thats enough or if you need to find out which ati framebuffer (there are many of them) is the right one for you, your ati vendor id.

give the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the newest chimera 1.4.1 a try and please report if you were successful

with the tonymac method.

after 3 months of waiting theres still no MIIF for dv6, so no successful instl. with this method for me.

Yea Im very new to the whole osx86 scene and dont have any knowledge. My laptop is on schedule to arrive on the second and then it will be playing around with it quite a bit. I will definitely be trying the tonymac method for same reason as you, no miif for dv6. When I get the laptop I will see if maldon will make a dsdt then I will start messing around from there. Good thing is I have a spare Hard drive to work with so I wont have to partition my new one, which I dont really like to do all that much.

Thanks a lot Mammoth, and contributors, for all your work and documentation. I was able to install SL 10.6.4 in October on my DV8, and have it been using it quite smoothly since (I'm doing webdesign/dev and iOS SDK dev). I'm waiting for OSX Lion to do a fresh install.

My question is about the fan speed.

It seems to run on high speed very often, even if no greedy app is launched (right now I just have Firefox 4.0.1 with 1 tab and the fan is quite high).

Compared to Win7, the fan speed/noise is way higher on my SnowLeo.

Have anyone encountered that ? Is there a fix ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

le squirrel

After searching a little more, I understand that over-heating is common on a SnowLeo hackintosh, and that it can be linked to speed step handling.

My question is, with the v2.00 method and update to 10.6.7, is the speedstep better handled ? Is the fan running high on your confs ? (Especially if you have a core i7 like me)

Thanks to anyone who can bring me some light.