ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

It looks like Apple Macintosh II (at least it reminded me of it). BTW, are u all set with external drive?

[*]Sound? (In/Out Etc?) Sound out work, haven't test in, but most likely not work.

[*]USB? working great.

[*]Sleep? (100%?) accorking to TopazBar, it works. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=27451

[*]SATA (II)? works

[*]GMA950? (QE/CI?) QE/CI works, no patch required, at least for my case.

Much appreciated. Just a general question too, performance-wise what would a C2D 6300 OSX86 be comparable to? G5 Dual Core 2.0Ghz? Xbench is about ~ 140, so i guess it should be pretty good.

Yap, my sig is old! Sorry!

To make this clear: The driver works with the ASRock ConRoe 945G-DVI! :sorcerer:

So now sleep, and onboard GLAN are now all confirmed working? I think I might just get this board.....

So now sleep, and onboard GLAN are now all confirmed working? I think I might just get this board.....

I want to confirm too, that onboard GLAN is working !!! Thanks to DaemonES.

EDIT: I have been using wireless 54g for about 2 yrs now. I just went back to wired LAN to tryout the RTL8111B with DaemonES driver. Wow..it is fast (pages load in no time).

TopazBar : no, I'm not set with the external drive, but that's becouse I was not able to try and mark the drive as bootable with the installation DVD (I'm in another house at the moment, where I use the PC listed in the signature). I'll be able to try to set up the external drive in the next few days.

btw: yes, looks a bit similar to the old Apple II case, but mine is silver and a bit smaller. :poster_oops:

is anybody able to port the Sound Blaster Live! drivers from Linux to Mac OS?

http://www.euronet.nl/~mailme/

what I really need is a SPDIF out, and I own this card (which is now really cheap to buy, too, so it could be a great choice for those who need SPDIF like me).

I asked earlier in this thread about the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro which has a optical SPDIF out and got no answer. Then I searched and apparently there was already a short thread for it. Here it is:

turtle beach

The run down: it is cheap...~20 on ebay $30 shipped from

newegg

Use the sound blaster USB driver on your OS X installation DVD (I used Jas 10.4.7). It's a package on the DVD, just search for it and install. Voila, optical out works! I was also able to get my bluetooth headset in/out to work also with this driver (albeit somewhat flaky...not sure if it's the bluetooth or the sound driver). 2 birds with one stone!!!

rainman01: this is nice news, but the fact is that I already own a SB Live PCI, so that'd be nice if someone could "hack" the Linux driver to make it work in MacOS X :angel:

btw: does turtle beach work for AC3/DTS in DVDs? I have an external decoder so I'd like to connect my hackintosh to it.

HELP

about LAN driver install ->im getting sth like:

file attribute adjusting for RealtekR1000.kext

kernel extension RealtekR1000.kext has problems:

Authentication failures

{

"File owner/permissions are incorrect" = (

"/RealtekR1000_1.02/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext"

"/RealtekR1000_1.02/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

"/RealtekR1000_1.02/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents"

"/RealtekR1000_1.02/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/RealtekR1000"

"/RealtekR1000_1.02/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/MacOS"

)

}

as root ofcourse and have done "repair permitions" from disk util

I have this board, but I can't get OSX to work for me. It locks when booting (blue screen, wasn't I trying to get away from those?).

When I boot with -v I can see it locks on

- display: family specific matching fails

I selected both SSE3 and GMA900 packages on install, any ideas?

ps: I have the conroe dvi, an E6300, 1GB ram. I have two primary partitions of 30gb each, first is XP, second is active and has OSX.

pps: bios version is 1.2

ppps: osx version is jas 10.4.6