ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

I have this board, but I can't get OSX to work for me. It locks when booting (blue screen, wasn't I trying to get away from those?).

When I boot with -v I can see it locks on

- display: family specific matching fails

I selected both SSE3 and GMA900 packages on install, any ideas?

ps: I have the conroe dvi, an E6300, 1GB ram. I have two primary partitions of 30gb each, first is XP, second is active and has OSX.

pps: bios version is 1.2

ppps: osx version is jas 10.4.6

While it is booting, keep pressing F8 until you get darwin boot message, then type -x at the boot prompt and press enter (-x is for safe boot).

It is very odd that u were able to boot from install DVD, but cannot boot after installation...hmmm

Yep, no boot, not even once. Right now I'm trying it again from square one. I have a 30gb partition, primary, id=af and the rest of the disk is clean. I'm going to install OSX on there, clean, only select SSE3 and no other packages just to eliminate all other causes. I'm quite sure I'll just have to put up with a couple more tries before I can celebrate :(

I just remember btw, when I installed OSX the first time I deselected all printer drivers and all language extensions. Maybe that broke it? Also I had a realtek lan card in there (because when I ordered the machine the glan driver wasn't available yet) so I took that out as well.

Yes, I am that desperate :D

Yep, no boot, not even once. Right now I'm trying it again from square one. I have a 30gb partition, primary, id=af and the rest of the disk is clean. I'm going to install OSX on there, clean, only select SSE3 and no other packages just to eliminate all other causes. I'm quite sure I'll just have to put up with a couple more tries before I can celebrate :thumbsdown_anim:

I just remember btw, when I installed OSX the first time I deselected all printer drivers and all language extensions. Maybe that broke it? Also I had a realtek lan card in there (because when I ordered the machine the glan driver wasn't available yet) so I took that out as well.

Yes, I am that desperate :thumbsdown_anim:

yes, u are on the right track. don't need that stuff.

EDIT: wish I was there with u, looking over. this board communcation mechanism is so lousy.

EDIT: if u ever get to registration screen, press ALT+q. that will skip it.

yes, u are on the right track. don't need that stuff.

EDIT: wish I was there with u, looking over. this board communcation mechanism is so lousy.

EDIT: if u ever get to registration screen, press ALT+q. that will skip it.

Inopia got it working (package selection issue, not mobo). Welcome to the club.

True, althought this top of the line imac is only getting 1.00mb:

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=191970

Maybe it's an xbench related issue? random 4k writes also seem like a task that could be very drive dependent. not to say there might not be an issue, but i think it's promising (in a sick sort of way) to see similar results in brand new apple hw

True, althought this top of the line imac is only getting 1.00mb:

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=191970

Maybe it's an xbench related issue? random 4k writes also seem like a task that could be very drive dependent. not to say there might not be an issue, but i think it's promising (in a sick sort of way) to see similar results in brand new apple hw

sprezzatura,

Yes, it is very comforting to see that Xbenchmark. Thanks for pointing that out.

Infamous,

OSX 10.4.8 now says "VRAM: 64 MB of shared system memory", LOL.

Also, this number stays the same for single or dual display setup.

Question not mentioned here before:

I have this board and I'm very pleased with it.

Is there any chance for a tv out? Dual Monitor is working great. Checked sub-d and dvi. but I want sub-d and svideo or composite.

thanks

p.s.: onboard lan working great for me too so far

NOOO! Don't buy a X1600 for this!!! Dual Monitor on X1600 is not working yet!!

The only way to get TV-out is a converter...

I remember that colonels postet a topic about mac htpc or something... and he bought a vga to s-video converter, and this thing is working great!

Hi,

Trying to install 10.4.5, then 10.4.3 on a mobo Asrock Conroe 945G-DVI., with 1 G RAM, 2 channel, 160 G Westen Digital SATA hdd. The setup works too quicky, about 5-6 mins, but the ripples on the progressbar are verry quickly but not smooth.

After restart, the setup assistant moves verry sacadat and dissapears before all completions. I remain only with a blue screen and the mouse. Where I'm wrong?

Please if somebody experiences these problems, let me know.

mm i dont know guys but im not getting 1.2 mb in 4K uncached read. my results are superor than the mac you posted

Results 159.83

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.4.7 (8J2135a)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type WDC WD3200KS-00PFB0

CPU Test 127.73

GCD Loop 308.36 16.25 Mops/sec

Floating Point Basic 149.10 3.54 Gflop/sec

vecLib FFT 90.02 2.97 Gflop/sec

Floating Point Library 97.48 16.97 Mops/sec

Thread Test 259.77

Computation 238.50 4.83 Mops/sec, 4 threads

Lock Contention 285.20 12.27 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads

Memory Test 159.90

System 151.53

Allocate 116.37 427.34 Kalloc/sec

Fill 194.01 9433.21 MB/sec

Copy 165.29 3414.07 MB/sec

Stream 169.25

Copy 158.30 3269.70 MB/sec

Scale 161.23 3330.88 MB/sec

Add 180.49 3844.90 MB/sec

Triad 179.40 3837.86 MB/sec

Quartz Graphics Test 191.04

Line 157.22 10.47 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 200.55 59.88 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 192.45 15.69 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 173.60 4.38 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 258.44 16.17 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 205.63

Spinning Squares 205.63 260.85 frames/sec

User Interface Test 479.96

Elements 479.96 2.20 Krefresh/sec

Disk Test 73.09

Sequential 109.83

Uncached Write 124.17 76.24 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 111.04 62.82 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 87.74 25.68 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 125.57 63.11 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 54.77

Uncached Write 20.70 2.19 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 173.11 55.42 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 90.18 0.64 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 127.45 23.65 MB/sec [256K blocks]

But what i really enjoy is comparing my ihack with some mac pros

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=196066&doc2=186079

But what i really enjoy is comparing my ihack with some mac pros

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=196066&doc2=186079

Yes thats right! A week ago I looked at some Mac Pro xBenches and I was shocked! The xBench of our C2D Macintels are better than the from the Mac Pros!

Thats really cool...

Ah and yes, I ordered my Conroe 2day! :D

Nice aberracus!

You especially kick the pro's ass in memory scores, thats the big bummer with the mac pro, the memory architecture and FB really slows them down there. Of course, your bus is also faster because of your OC...

I'll be building a 945G-DVI next week and i'm considering the e6400 too. I'm curious though, what stopped you from going to 350mhz FSB? do you think it was the RAM or the mobo or the cooling? (cause we all know the e6400 itself is capable of much more)

sprezzatura: dunno aberracus, but I preferred to stop at 299Mhz BUS, since I could keep the PCI-e at 100Mhz. I know that the small DVI card could handle more w/o any problem, but a C2D at 2.4Ghz is enough for almost every task...

think that I can play a DVD movie on one monitor, while using the internet on the other one, while recording an MPEG TV station on my HD...that's great, since the CPU is below 50% even then...

Mmm i dont htink it was neither the ram or the cpu, the problem is the mobo and the pcie, i can go to 350 fsb without problem BUT my pci needs to be around 120 for that, and thats too much for the ati card.

Anyway pci from 112 in advance causes somewhat extrange behavior so im restraining it in 110 (the pcie) so i have to pull down my FSB to 320 something.

The only macpros winning over conroe are 3 ghz with raid :blowup:

BTW i think the better conroe is the allendale :whistle: 6400, more bang 4 your money.

You know when you buy a conroe 6700 you only get guaranteed 2.66 ghzs but you have the same sky or top as a humble 6300