ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

This is mine. Please post your result and HD type, everybody who can. My HDD is Seagate 160GB 7200.9 SATA.

---------

Disk Test 52.60

Sequential 103.99

Uncached Write 88.66 54.44 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 125.86 71.21 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 116.00 33.95 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 94.16 47.32 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 35.20

Uncached Write 12.04 1.27 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 77.73 24.89 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 92.77 0.66 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 143.83 26.69 MB/sec [256K blocks]

SAMSUNG HD160JJ, SataII, 7200

Disk Test 55.63

Sequential 88.80

Uncached Write 118.85 72.97 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 104.66 59.22 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 55.79 16.33 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 109.27 54.92 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 40.50

Uncached Write 14.85 1.57 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 99.18 31.75 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 76.54 0.54 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 120.65 22.39 MB/sec [256K blocks]

TopazBar: it simply won't boot...says "no system disk"...but I installed the SO correctly on it...it's odd.

Just as I thought, you are missing master boot block. OSX failed to put boot block on it.

Use windows to format and create a partition and reinstall OSX onto that partition.

There are probably other ways to do this...

Thread to help: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=14374&hl=

Edited by TopazBar

TopazBar: so your advice is to create a mac osx partition with windows, making it bootable? in that way I must use NTFS, though...right?

Yes. create a mac osx partition with windows and make it bootable (mark it active).

1. Do you have windows?

2. Do you know how to create a mac partition (id=af) with windows?

When you did the mac osx installation, did you uses osx boot dvd and erase the external disk first?

TopazBar: I have windows, but I don't know how to create a Mac partition with it ;) Where can I find a guide for that? Which tool should I use?

I used Jas DVD for 10.4.6 MacOS, and I formatted the external drive with the disk utility during the installation process, before installing the OS.

Hi Everyone, i'm back :mellow:

I just have a problem : i want to flash my bios to 1.2 (actually 1.0) because of the resume/wake trick, but i have no windows on my hackintosh, so i was wondering how to do such a thing?

I also experienced some problems with different PCI usb 2.0 cards : its recognised, should work, but doesnt... until i plug any device on any mobo's usb port, and then plug it onto the pci's usb port : there it works! Any idea?

@TECNOWORLD DONT DO THAT!!!!

DO NOT ISNALL OVER A NTFS or WINDOWS CREATED PARTITION.

Your installation is ok you just need to bless it.

Search in google for GPARTED LIVE CD is a Linux cd wich when you put it in your cd tray and start the computer it will start a mini linux whose only purpose is to do things to HDs and partitions.

with gparted running look for your HFS partition and flag it (right mouse button, FLAG) to be bootable...

VOILA!!!!

your osx will start ok

Aberracus

Well, finally i could burn an iso with the dos version of the 1.2 update, everything went ok.

I can get 350mhz fsb with pcie async @ 117mhz!!!!! rock stable, i'm sure that it can even go further if the bios allow it...

i'm getting 148 at the Xbench full test, with 2gb of ram @ 667mhz cas 4. and i'm getting 202 without the HDD test.

aberracus: thank you very much! I dl GPARTED LIVE CD and then let you know!!!

Thanks a lot.

Hope this works out for u. If not, we can try with windows.

Well, finally i could burn an iso with the dos version of the 1.2 update, everything went ok.

I can get 350mhz fsb with pcie async @ 117mhz!!!!! rock stable, i'm sure that it can even go further if the bios allow it...

i'm getting 148 at the Xbench full test, with 2gb of ram @ 667mhz cas 4. and i'm getting 202 without the HDD test.

Wow...good for u. Just go out and buy the fastesst HDD !!!!

Ryanux & TopazBar: a quick premise...I'm trying to make the following operations on a machine that's not the hackintosh with asrock mobo, since the latter is in another house. So I'll have to try it on that one, too.

After d'ling the GPARTED LIVE CD iso, I burnt the image, but it won't load on this machine; this could be due to the fact that this is based on 965P chipset, which is probably not compatible with Linux. After showing the screen with the module boot options, it gives an error (says live CD is not inserted) and freezes.

What could I do?

i believe theres a driver problem, because i have one of the best HDD actually : the Seagate 320gb SataII !
Est-ce aussi l'écriture aléatoire des blocs non-cachés de 4K qui fait tomber ta moyenne ? Si c'est le cas, il faut vraiment qu'on tente de résoudre ce problème : mes Samsung sont normalement loin d'être lents... Ou peut-être ne sont-ce que les tests de Xbench qui sont incorrects. Si quelqu'un de moins peureux que moi osait poser la question à l'auteur de Xbench, ça pourrait nous donner des pistes.

Is it your random uncached write (4K blocks) that's causing you those bad Xbench numbers? If so, we really should try and fix this problem : my Samsung HD's aren't known to be slow... Or maybe it's just Xbench's tests that are flawed. If someone who's less a coward than me dared to ask Xbench's author, it could give us some insight.

Take care,

B.

Est-ce aussi l'écriture aléatoire des blocs non-cachés de 4K qui fait tomber ta moyenne ? Si c'est le cas, il faut vraiment qu'on tente de résoudre ce problème : mes Samsung sont normalement loin d'être lents... Ou peut-être ne sont-ce que les tests de Xbench qui sont incorrects. Si quelqu'un de moins peureux que moi osait poser la question à l'auteur de Xbench, ça pourrait nous donner des pistes.

Is it your random uncached write (4K blocks) that's causing you those bad Xbench numbers? If so, we really should try and fix this problem : my Samsung HD's aren't known to be slow... Or maybe it's just Xbench's tests that are flawed. If someone who's less a coward than me dared to ask Xbench's author, it could give us some insight.

Take care,

B.

Hey, i'm not the only frenchy here :thumbsdown_anim:

Méme si on est plus a l'aise en français, parlons quand méme en anglais histoire que tout le monde en profite

> Eng V. : Let's talk in english, to let everyone understand what we say.

Yes it's the random 4k bench that completely sucks, i'm getting 12! i don't really know if in a normal situation the disk sucks or it's just an Xbench problem, that way it wouldn't be a problem... we have to write to the Xbench author to ask him, you're right.

Anyway, had anyone tested the JAS 10.4.8 update with this mobo??

10.4.8 INFO, works fine.

I've installed Kiko Final SSE3 10.4.8.

Installation always said that (in the end after completion) that error occured, "try again". This is surely not related to motherboard, just my software, i guess.

I did not reboot of course after that error.

So I DL'ed JAS SSE3 10.4.8, applied after Kiko's unsuccesful installation, restarted, works.

-----------------------

How big blocks are in HFS file system?

If not 4K, then we shouldn't worry about slowness.

Actually, when copying, both my Seagate drives copy between disks or partitions, very fast, i'm happy with it. So maybe it's just Xbench?

Hi Guys,

I finally got all my parts and put together my first Hackintosh! Check out my Config in my sig. I was only able to get up to 335mhz FSB...a little disappointed, but still not bad. I only have to run the PCIe at 112mhz to get the 335FSB so maybe that's a good think. Patched sound with Azalia and got sound out, but no sound in for iChat or Skype. Anyone tried to get sound in? I even tried a bluetooth headset and got nothing, not even sound out. The bluetooth works find since I was able to sync my cell contacts through bluetooth.

I found a cheap way to get optical out on the system (well, so I thought)...check out this little usb device

Turtle Beach audio advantage micro

This has been reported to be plug-n-play with OS X, but when I plugged it in, I got nothing. Anyone know what driver it could be using? I mean, if it's using the Azalia, it should work...

Anyways, overall, the system rocks! Thanks for all the help in this forums guys!!!

that's cool, i'll try it, but i have to know how to make a ghost of my install before...

Yes, this is very smart thing to do....

Also make sure whatever method you choose, it is fail-safe. The simple method is the best.

I would recommend making DVD backup of your user account (/Users/Ryanux directory) in addition, just in case. Value your digital life.

I noticed after 10.4.8 upgrade, that my Pioneer DVD RW drive is Apple shipped/Supported. Wow, nice.

Once again, 98.9999% mac compatible :)