Chameleon RC5 mode with mem detection enabled and automatic P-States & C-States generation for native power managment

kozlek

1,214 posts in this topic

Hi iFabio

I've updated the trunk with your revised translation files and new Conclusion files. Though I don't know if I will be able to make the required change to packagebuilder to incorporate the Conclusion files.

Regards :)

As you know the package created by the "make pkg" present installation error.

Perhaps you should review the scripts.

I added the file "Conclusion" because I think into the possibilities offered by the program

called PackageMaker present with Xcode ...

Alternatively you could create a template to use with this program?

I do not have the sufficient knowledge to do this. ..

regards :D

Fabio

Your memory serial number displays 0 because it has no readable serial, this is by design, so it's fine :D

Just to say Chameleon rev. 238 (from the 1st post) works great, only memory serial number is not displayed yet. It reads 00000000... But i can live with this :)

I would prefer downloading newer revisions from the first post, instead of compiling from the source. Would be great, i appreciate your time compiling and posting in the first post :)

Guys, great job, again :)

It should give you 800 now in latest rev ...

On my system memory gets detected. Manufacturer, serial number and speed is detected although mem frequency is 801 not 800 :)

Thanks for your great job!

While Coolbook and VoodooMonitor both report working P-States (and temps lead to believe it is stepping) sysctrl doesn't. Is this normal?

sudo sysctl -a | grep -i freq
hw.busfrequency = 664000000
hw.cpufrequency = 1662000000
hw.tbfrequency = 1000000000
hw.busfrequency: 664000000
hw.busfrequency_min: 664000000
hw.busfrequency_max: 664000000
hw.cpufrequency: 1662000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 1662000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 1662000000
hw.tbfrequency: 1000000000

Zandig,

I have the same mobo and i don't have such issues. Will run a test in RAID mode (have only single sata disks).

Bye,

zef

Thanks for looking into it! BTW, when I compile mozodojo's code from assembla.com I don't get the EBIOS errors and it finds my drives just fine.

speedstep works but the voltages stay the same. Removed P and C states from dsdt. Added Drop ssdt, p & c state options to the com.apple.boot.plist. Removed smbios and used chameleons default smbios. Cpu runs at default speed. What am i overlooking?

Provided dsdt and com.apple.boot files.

post-195406-1280196503_thumb.png

Archive.zip

I have Gigabyte HD 5770 on EP45-UD3R and it's able to run 32/64 bit. Now, I am using Chameleon RC5 r261, got from Chameleon's trunk and changed its' name of framebuffer.

I got KP at 32 bit if ATY_Init.kext's in /S/L/E and my DSDT had "hda-gfx" fix. So, I got to remove ATY_Init.kext. GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Hmmm well idk what I am doing wrong lol, there is no hds-gfx in my dsdt

Your memory serial number displays 0 because it has no readable serial, this is by design, so it's fine :)

Rekursor, i would not agree with you :P, cause as far as i remember i had a readable memory serial number with the Asere's boot loader, but this isn't issue for me. I'm reporting this in the name of bug free and functional code :)

One wish :) Please, post the newer versions of the compiled Chameleon in the first post. Thanx in advance :)

Hi, mozodojo. Really appreciate your work!

I've got problem with proper memory and I think CPU detection.

I'm using latest trunk build, but w/out p-states and c-states options yet.

Take a look, this is speedstep enabled in BIOS:

gRmCm.png

And this is when I disable it:

jPf20.png

I need somebody with Core ix CPU to post here P-States dump. SSDT or similar. It would help me to add Core ix support in p-states generator.

Attached my full SSDT, along with a text file containing just it's _PSS, _PSD, _PCT, and _CST methods.. Dumped from ubuntu. Speedstep enabled, and CxE function set to C1E.

Geenz_SSDT.zip

Hi, mozodojo,

This is an excellent piece of work :thumbsup_anim: .

Thank you for sharing with us.

I have the same Mobo (GA-EP45-UD3L) and CPU (E8400 3GHz).

However I have problem getting automatic P-States & C-States generation for native power managment to work :( .

Would appreciate if you can post your DSDT/SSDT that you are using so I can compare with mine.

By the way, which BIOS ver are you using for your GA-EP45_UD3L?

TQ

I need somebody with Core ix CPU to post here P-States dump. SSDT or similar. It would help me to add Core ix support in p-states generator.

Here's another one from i7 920...full ACPI table dump.

dump.zip

iFabio should have dumps for several different models, 920, 940, 980x etc. if you need them.

Here's another one from i7 920...full ACPI table dump.

dump.zip

iFabio should have dumps for several different models, 920, 940, 980x etc. if you need them.

Already got necessary information on another forum. Anyway, thank you :mellow:

I already posted the device id for our mobo.

lspci -n shows what you are looking for.

Cheers thanks, lspci -n show dev id for me now :mellow: ..

Sorry missed your post with our mobo id earlier.

Zandig,

I have the same mobo and i don't have such issues. Will run a test in RAID mode (have only single sata disks).

Bye,

zef

I just did the reverse thing and tested in AHCI mode and no more EBIOS read errors !! So it really seems to be a problem with RAID. But I really need RAID for the good ole XP array :(

Thanks for looking into it! BTW, when I compile mozodojo's code from assembla.com I don't get the EBIOS errors and it finds my drives just fine.

Thanks! At least this is a good start :( I just switched the SATA controller to RAID mode, added some debug output for rawDiskRead() and Biosread() and it fails reading from device 0x80 (the current boot drive).

Let's see what happens with the older rev on assembla.

Update: It really works :P Thanks for the nice finding! :)

Checking what's the difference between the two.

Update clap #2:

The modified memory layout causes this issue. Fixing!

Update #3:

@Zandig:

How about trying this one? :)

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...rce/commit/266/

It fixed the raid mode ebios read errors. My bad, I thought BIOS_ADDR is a segment (don't ask me why :P).

Thanks! At least this is a good start :) I just switched the SATA controller to RAID mode, added some debug output for rawDiskRead() and Biosread() and it fails reading from device 0x80 (the current boot drive).

Let's see what happens with the older rev on assembla.

Update: It really works :P Thanks for the nice finding! :)

Checking what's the difference between the two.

Update clap #2:

The modified memory layout causes this issue. Fixing!

Hey zef hows things brother? I was wondering if you had any idea why with "GraphicsEnabler"="Yes" my HD 5770 drops the signal to the display and the fan spins at 100%. This happens with any rev of chameleon that has Graphics Enabler in it.

Hey zef hows things brother? I was wondering if you had any idea why with "GraphicsEnabler"="Yes" my HD 5770 drops the signal to the display and the fan spins at 100%. This happens with any rev of chameleon that has Graphics Enabler in it.

Hey JaS dude! I'm fine thanks! :) As you see things got boosted in the past days thanks to Mozo, rek, meklort and thanks to the testers for the useful reports. Regarding your ATI issue i can't say any useful. Maybe we should ask an ATI expert about it. Netkas: do you read? :)

Hey JaS dude! I'm fine thanks! :D As you see things got boosted in the past days thanks to Mozo, rek, meklort and thanks to the testers for the useful reports. Regarding your ATI issue i can't say any useful. Maybe we should ask an ATI expert about it. Netkas: do you read? :)

Yeah man its great to see things moving with Chameleon again. Netkas isn't really into it I think tbh. ATY_Init works in x32 and I think thats all he has time for these days. I'll cya on your server. ttys

NP, it is important, at least ; to understand what is going on :D

Please test this boot that will display what FSB's we detect (will give you a cpu fsb then a mem channel ratio)

and report to me these 2 values.

(to help you to write them down, the test boot below will pause:

boot_test_mch_ratio.zip

Thanks for reporting, because others could have the same problem, I'd like to figure that out :)

PS: if possible disable temporarily the P/C States in your com.apple.boot.plist (one problem at a time!)

Hi Rekursor,

Just an FYI. The test boot that you provided for me above that got my memory speed read correctly, doesn't seem to be working using the lastest rev (268). It's back to 604MHz instead of 667MHz. I was just curious if the changes with your test boot ever made it into the later versions or not.

Thanks.

Hey mozodojo,

What the ?! "Unsupported CPU: P-States not generated !!!\n" :P

Isn't there enough information available about the processor where the P-states could be looked up in a manually maintained table? Is this something you're working on or are there issues with that approach? Just curious...