1. 1. Best Torrent Client?

• Azureus
    • Transmission
    • Tomato
    • Bittorrent
    • iSwipe

31 posts in this topic

• 6 months later...

Hello! I'm coming from Windows/utorrent and I'm looking for a Mac bit torrent client that can queue downloads. Is there anything out there?

The ones I've tried don't seem to do it... I've tried transmission, Tomato, BitRocket, Xtorrent and none of them seem to have settings to queue downloads. And no thanks I'm not going to use Azureus because I have few system resources as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

transmission rocks dudes! It's petit, fast and simple and it gets the job done. Fast, reliable, not a memory hog. Except for one small detail: you can't pick to just download or skip single files from the torrent. At least, I never figured it out. So if it's there, that means I'm an idiot.

hecker

Edited by hecker

Just to make sure, I did a quick round of 5 random-ish torrent sites & found that transmission is specifically banned on 4 of them. I have heard elsewhere that the overzealous announcing by transmission has been solved, but the fact remains that you can get banned from numerous trackers for using it...

... I did a quick round of 5 random-ish torrent sites & found that transmission is specifically banned on 4 of them. I have heard elsewhere that the overzealous announcing by transmission has been solved, but the fact remains that you can get banned from numerous trackers for using it...

Which sites?