Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

46283a93b5ae5041e98669833d693fc5.jpeg

MacOSX 10.7.2 buildC35

Thank god Apple is separating Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) and Intel HD Graphics 3000 into their own dedicated kexts. I was wondering why Apple didn't do that in the first place. ;)

Maybe now there won't be any distortions when using AppleIntelHDGraphics Kext in OS X Lion and Quartz Extreme will start working again. :)

By the way, did you guys know that customers who bought the 2010 MacBook Pro models are having problems switching to the dedicated NVidia Graphics? And one solution was to only use the Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) GPU. Maybe that is why Apple has decided to do this? I don't know but its still good news. :)

Ars Technica

Anyone has tried the news kexts? I get a stupid "still waiting..." and I do not understand why..i have only installed AppleIntelHD kexts on Lion

Are the kext at all different from original Lion's?

I' ve tested with snow 10.6.7.....i think some other kexts is missing..as apple graphics control is not loading...some recalled method is missing...lock

And unlock something...don' t remember right now...but at least with this kexts,graphic control try to load

With the old kext it never load at all

Anyone has tried the news kexts? I get a stupid "still waiting..." and I do not understand why..i have only installed AppleIntelHD kexts on Lion

should download the combo update is ... but with nvidia + intel does -not work. Strangely enough, Nvidia first connects to any and did not want to turn off, even if you delete kexts on Nvidia

in Lion:

I can get black screen, but the system not responds

I can get loaded IntelHDFB or IntelSNBHD kext.

With SNBHD i get grey apple screen with forever rotating symbol and i can use VNC, but the monitor didn't recognized ( I seen 6 display connectors in the system info ;) after a random connectorinfo changing...)

With IntelHDGraphicsFB i can get black screen , but system hangs, and i can't boot to safe mode.

With IntelHDGraphics.kext I got a fully disorted screen (at 1024x768)

I can't get loaded IntelHD3000.kext

In safe mode with IntelHDFB:

post-603338-1312885727_thumb.jpg

Exact same situation. Why we get "Still wait.." ??

set platforumuuid.kext fix your uuid

I had format and reinstall Lion + 10.7.2 and i get "still wait.." I do not know why

With 10.7 and snow I never had this problem. Maybe I have to take some kexts 10.7

but which?

On startup Lion read the correct UUID of the partition

I had format and reinstall Lion + 10.7.2 and i get "still wait.." I do not know why

With 10.7 and snow I never had this problem. Maybe I have to take some kexts 10.7

but which?

On startup Lion read the correct UUID of the partition

need to ask for help from voodoo team. will not be able to have another video cards I think the way Nvidia Optimus will not work DSDT_macpro6.2.zip

dsdt in Mac OS are registered 3 video cards .. only 2 in our

So where are we on this? I had native res way back when this was only 10 pages long... Just not acceleration. I have a Lenovo x201t tablet with a i5-520UM that I'd love to get working!

Has anyone tried on a lion install? Seems everyone is talking about using the kexts on Snow Leopard, but that's horribly ineffective as to many dependencies we don't know...!

I'm just debating on selling the laptop for an 11" macbook...

Phil

(disregard signature, it's old, my main machine is a beast of a hackintosh on z68 platform, might update it...)

All the tests I did were on the lion. Now i have found the problem of my "still wait.."

Link

Maybe, the system recognizes my second video card now. And this is good, also for Intel HD Graphics

Now i have to edit my dsdt with the information about nvidia card

If anyone wants to help, this is my dsdt --> Link

And this is a how to edit dsdt for nvidia card --> Link