Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

I edited my DSDT , but the result is the same: black screen and reboot ... :/

Without EFI string I can boot up but with gray apple screen and i can connect with VNC ... it can't see connectors at all

I edited my DSDT , but the result is the same: black screen and reboot ... :/

Without EFI string I can boot up but with gray apple screen and i can connect with VNC ... it can't see connectors at all

Just renaming GFX0 to IGPU will not work obviously. :wacko: We're gonna have to hack our DSDTs by adding GMUX and IGPU components. Problem is there are syntax and compilation errors.

...and no installing the MacBook Pro 6,1 DSDT into your "/Extra" folder will not let you boot. I actually tried that. lol :blink:

OK, but I edited with this method:

To those who are getting black screens.

Take a look at this, it could be a DL issue.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28851

Modificating and inserting GMUX to DSDT too difficult for me, i can't understand theese hex values :/

Hi morkb,

it searches for either 6,1 or 6,2 so it was the same to me.

1) Static values can be passed using EFI string.

2) Dynamic values are passed through commandgate interface (in this case fb is server, agc is client)

3) AGC takes care of all interrupts raised by GPU (plug/unplug of monitor to external interface/temperature sensors/etc etc...)

Not simple at all :-).

Oki

Hi oki,

Indeed not a easy task!

Anyway I' m always wondered on how many thing you know! ;-)

I found an original MacBookPro 6,2 EFI string in PLIST format :) so we can edit it i think :)

I copied it to my org.Chameleon.boot.plist (after convert it to hex of course)--> i have black screen and system rebooting...

In Nvidia optimus not working

Hi guys,

I am testing something and need an EDID of internal LCD with max resolution of 1366x768. I would really appreciate it if someone posted it.

Thanks,

Oki

<key>IODisplayEDID</key>
 <data>
 AP///////wAGEF+cAAAAAAgRAQOAIRV4CunVmVlTjigmUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB
 AQEB3iGgcFCEHzAgIFYAS88QAAAYAAAADwAGECAKCgoKCgoKCgoKAAAA/gBLUzUxNQAx
 NTRXUDEKAAAA/gBDb2xvciBMQ0QKCgoKAI8=
 </data>

I found an original MacBookPro 6,2 EFI string in PLIST format -_- so we can edit it i think :(

I copied it to my org.Chameleon.boot.plist (after convert it to hex of course)--> i have black screen and system rebooting...

That's great how did u get it?

They set NVCAP Thats are the connectors displayports etc.

I want to do test but do not have the time currently ... ll not have the time for the following month. Stuck at work;

Can someone use the string and add his properties ? btw. do not wonder, it they say NVDA oder NVIDIA; It is the same in the intel driver. Was the same at Intel HD3000

btw. Free BSD is working on a new GMAHD Driver. http://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU The beta is already avaib. Maybe we can port it. As we all know OS X is based on BDS. ... The driver needs X serve but, that that should not be the problem. We already have an RadeonHD Driver with X Serve working next to the BSD/ Linux Driver.

Maybe we can add the new (Beta) BSD HD Driver.

http://www.freebsd.org/where.html#helptest

FreeBSD9.0 includes the driver. ... above it is the breBETA

btw. Free BSD is working on a new GMAHD Driver. http://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU The beta is already avaib. Maybe we can port it. As we all know OS X is based on BDS. ... The driver needs X serve but, that that should not be the problem. We already have an RadeonHD Driver with X Serve working next to the BSD/ Linux Driver.

Maybe we can add the new (Beta) BSD HD Driver.

http://www.freebsd.org/where.html#helptest

FreeBSD9.0 includes the driver. ... above it is the breBETA

Will porting the driver to OS X be a challenge? If possible then resolution will most likely get fixed by this driver, but as for Quartz Extreme, who knows.

I think it's time to move on to HM65 HD 3000, I just got an i5 HD3000 and got full resolution & QE/CI/CL in less than 5 minutes after installation of 10.6.3 retail then update 10.6.8

Here is the

and not wishy washy like someone up here. That is the quicktime screen recorder.

The thread is here

Cheers,

Louis

Under ubuntu my GMA5700 works very well. I can change resolution, it recognizes external monitor and i have hardware acceleration. I can see full HD movies. It's possible to port ubuntu's driver to Mac OS X?

I have an ASUS U30Jc (with NVidia Optimus). I updated the BIOS recently to 2.17, extracted the DSDT and patched it with MalD0n's Auto-Patcher 0.5. Additionally, I included the AR9285 WIFI patch. After removing the NVidia and IntelHD kexts, I'm on 10.6.8 with all except video running.

I have been playing with the DSDT and was able to disable the NVidia card (has doubled my battery life, so I'm wondering whether that'll be a fix or a final patch to the DSDT :) ). When I load the AppleIntelHDFB kext, I get a scrambled display. Without it, I get 1024x768. I know I'm near and I think I should be able to go that extra step.

I have tried the smbios.plist's for MacBookPro 6,1 6,2 and 8,1 wiht no visible improvement

The most frustrating thing is that I have a Compaq CQ10 with a perfect vanilla 10.6.5 install runing since 10.6.5

came out !!!

I have an ASUS U30Jc (with NVidia Optimus). I updated the BIOS recently to 2.17, extracted the DSDT and patched it with MalD0n's Auto-Patcher 0.5. Additionally, I included the AR9285 WIFI patch. After removing the NVidia and IntelHD kexts, I'm on 10.6.8 with all except video running.

I have been playing with the DSDT and was able to disable the NVidia card (has doubled my battery life, so I'm wondering whether that'll be a fix or a final patch to the DSDT ;) ). When I load the AppleIntelHDFB kext, I get a scrambled display. Without it, I get 1024x768. I know I'm near and I think I should be able to go that extra step.

I have tried the smbios.plist's for MacBookPro 6,1 6,2 and 8,1 wiht no visible improvement

The most frustrating thing is that I have a Compaq CQ10 with a perfect vanilla 10.6.5 install runing since 10.6.5

came out !!!

I will be eagerly waiting for you successfully run video with full acceleration. I have same laptop (U30JC-X3K). Will you please share your steps in details with files upon your success?

Thanks in advance.