Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

hi guys..here also my screen shoots from snow lion 10.6.7 through vnc when i get the black screen

Attached you will find the files needed to get it

i used chimera v1.4.1 r 877

a gfx string in com.apple.boot.plist

then i used update 1.4 intel drivers...don't ask me where i found them as i don't remember but i think someone will get the same result also with mbp 2011 update, 10.6.8 update and lion kext...i don't have much time now to try

by the way i use graphicsenabler yes in com.apple.boot.plist and it recognize my discrete ati card at boot..but if i remember well even with graphicsenabler no you will get the same...question here is just to understand if chimera boot recognize my ati card and it will set the display in black mode...don't know in gfx string I removed ati device...so theorically should work also with intel arrandale on board only

and the intel kexts

i upload on megaupload they are too big

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JP46NIIG

good job.

can you upload your info.plist for efi string

Efi string is in the extra folder. Look in com.apple.Boot.plist

I have tried with the method of morkb but my laptop not start, and no error in verbose mode

Chimera + intel hd kexts + com.apple.Boot.plist and MY smbios mbp 6.2

I have also tried with external vga monitor, but maybe I do not do something well (?)

Removed some intel hd kexts, I have only a distorted screen (internal and external vga monitor)

I have tried with the method of morkb but my laptop not start, and no error in verbose mode

I have also tried with external vga monitor, but maybe I do not do something well (?)

Removed some intel hd kexts, I have only a distorted screen (internal and external vga monitor)

you know how to make that string with pciroot

Which chipset your laptop has?

BR,

Oki

you know how to make that string with pciroot

No manor, I do not know

Which chipset your laptop has?

HM55. The laptop is in my signature

Well guys Apple has officially released OS X Lion and is now available at the App Store. :D I guess I can officially upgrade my hackintosh to OS X Lion, and see if there are any improvements in the final release.

I will get a copy of it... from somewhere. I need to try before I buy. :D

Hopefully QE will work now, but if not I will need the 10.6.8 Intel HD Graphics kexts to see if that helps. Anyone know where I can download them? If not imma have to use Pacifist and extract them myself.

Well guys Apple has officially released OS X Lion and is now available at the App Store. :) I guess I can officially upgrade my hackintosh to OS X Lion, and see if there are any improvements in the final release.

I will get a copy of it... from somewhere. I need to try before I buy. :)

Hopefully QE will work now, but if not I will need the 10.6.8 Intel HD Graphics kexts to see if that helps. Anyone know where I can download them? If not imma have to use Pacifist and extract them myself.

Hi GhostRaider,

form the apple web site it seems that you should have snow leopard updated to the latest verison ie 10.6.8 to upgrade

maybe if you are stick on 10.6.7....you can have problem with kexts..and may be with the intel graphic card..I don't know....It's just a thought....

Hi GhostRaider,

form the apple web site it seems that you should have snow leopard updated to the latest verison ie 10.6.8 to upgrade

maybe if you are stick on 10.6.7....you can have problem with kexts..and may be with the intel graphic card..I don't know....It's just a thought....

You don't need Snow Leopard actually. There are many guides out there including in this forum on how to do a fresh install of OS X Lion using a USB or DVD or creating an extra partition for the installer.

No issues there. :wacko: I like keeping my installations as clean as possible.

Interesting.

So, all the problem is related to the framebuffer. you must use screeensharing to see your desktop...

I think we need to edit the framebuffer kexts to use LVDS port.. i f its done, next we concentrate in getting QE/CI..

Anyone gets AppleBacklight.kext loaded? In my case probe fails.......you can see kext loads/probes by doing -v io=0xff on boot prompt.

Mental NOTE - not to forget - I need to make AppleGraphicsControl.kext and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext load and work - (or create a fake AppleGraphicsControl). Without this - none IGP is selected.

Anyone made a GMUX device in DSDT?

Can really someone with LION/ SL with APPLEINTELHDFB loaded and get a blank screen confirm this screen?

http://images.macworld.com/images/howto/gr...ce_original.jpg

does this thing exist when our intel hd FB is loaded and all kext is loaded, if we change it to Better Battery Life maybe it tells make SL/LION to switch to intel HD gpu and activate the framebuffer and display on our LVDC?

Some one please confirm it.. i cant manage to get my FB to load always...

In another case,

when at first i installed 10.6.8 in my DELL inspiron 1464, i was able to access my desktop using screen sharing, and i see the resolution over there <b> doesnt </b> have my native resolution instead they are native resolution for 15" display( which is the MAC Book pro 2010 version ). I feels that maybe the resolution is stored somehow in the framebuffer itself? some one might inspect..

Good luck guys and get in touch..

look nice I thing you are in border.One day u jump GRaider

Are you using any efi string..

Thanks to your kext, i can install the lion but, when the happiness is all a round the sound is just missed when i tray to fix it my disk no longer boot and i dont understand what happened.

i have to clear de CMOS, and reinstall windows.

my specs:

GAH55M-USB3 rev 2.0

core i3 530

4 Gb Ram

Disk 1Tb with 2 partition Lion Win

And Chameleon RC5

escuse my inglish am just learning it, but am sucks

Today i did this

clean install of Lion (final)

then i took the file AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB out of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS

renamed it to AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB

and put it into AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS

and now i have this = see attechment

and all extensions are loaded

before this i had a black screen too

@fmac

Nice try there.. Can u enable screen sharing and see if QE/CI is enabled? thanks..

QE/CI is not enabled

sorry

whats this

localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB"

Jul 24 18:58:23 localhost kernel[0]: fNumVRAMBlocks is 4

Hi.

Is there any option to run this on Intel HD 3000 with Core i3 2310m ? :)

Wrong thread. This thread is for the first gen, Arrandale Core i processors with Intel HD.

---

I'm about to give up hope on this ever working. We need a bounty or something to get someone to actually work on this and get it fully supported.

Hi!

I successfully got black screen on my laptop but only in safe mode = VNC not working

I connected an external monitor at boot (laptop screen is turned off) and when OS X booted up the internal monitor is turned to black, the external monitor gived me (a not too good) screen.

Custom resolution is worked and the internal LVDP is recognized!

I think we need to change connectorinfo, but I can't do it.

I made some pictures:

post-603338-1311806744_thumb.jpg

post-603338-1311806890_thumb.jpg

post-603338-1311806910_thumb.jpg

post-603338-1311806922_thumb.jpg

post-603338-1311806935_thumb.jpg

post-603338-1311806945_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I successfully got black screen on my laptop but only in safe mode = VNC not working

I connected an external monitor at boot (laptop screen is turned off) and when OS X booted up the internal monitor is turned to black, the external monitor gived me (a not too good) screen.

Custom resolution is worked and the internal LVDP is recognized!

I think we need to change connectorinfo, but I can't do it.

I made some pictures:

change your monitor cable.

The cable is good, same result with another monitor and another cable... The external monitor is not recognized, only the internal, but the screen on the external.

I have VGA and HDMI connectors. The external monitor is on the VGA. I'll try with the HDMI...

I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.7 with the QE/CI kexts.

Edit: HDMI connector not working at all :/ I copied VGA info from System Information:

vga.rtf

I can confirm Xenon12 results.

I use AAPL,os-info and only AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext to get this result.

MacBookPro6,2 in smbios.plist

HDMI connector not working

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
	<key>AAPL,aux-power-connected</key>
	<data>
	AQAAAA==
	</data>
	<key>AAPL,backlight-control</key>
	<data>
	AQAAAA==
	</data>
	<key>AAPL,os-info</key>
	<data>
	MEkBAQEQCAAAAAAAAAAAAP////8=
	</data>
	<key>hda-gfx</key>
	<string>onboard-1</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

The cable is good, same result with another monitor and another cable... The external monitor is not recognized, only the internal, but the screen on the external.

I have VGA and HDMI connectors. The external monitor is on the VGA. I'll try with the HDMI...

I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.7 with the QE/CI kexts.

Edit: HDMI connector not working at all :/ I copied VGA info from System Information:

Xenon,

It's not cable or monitor problem - it's a timing issue. It would be good to extract current timing used hreq, vfreq and other but I am not sure if there is such utility available in OSX.

BTW, do you get native resolution in chameleon? Which chipset your laptop has?

Oki.

I got native res. only on external monitor in Chameleon. My laptop has got Intel HM55 chipset.

I think the problem is in the connectorinfo...Timing is wrong too, but the screen should to be on the internal monitor.

Edit: When I put only the Framebuffer to S/L/E , I can boot up system without "-x" -> ScreenSharing is working

I can get recognized my internal display only with this string:

ae0000000100000001000000a20000000300000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff040010000000
6d006f00640065006c00000016000000496e74656c204844204772617068696373001e0000004100410050004c002c006f
0073002d0069006e0066006f0000001800000030490111011008000001000000000000ffffffff1c00000064006500760069
00630065005f00740079007000650000000c000000646973706c617900

Why?:

post-603338-1311878106_thumb.jpg