Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

oki270 - This one here:

This is sure. After many tests I got this. With AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB edite by me

Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB class AppleIntelFramebuffer is a duplicate;kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB already has a class by that name.
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB failed to load (0xdc008017).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB (error 0xdc008017).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB"

I have edited manor's kext AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB form tonymac site (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB edited work for Intel HD3000)

I have AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB in the loaded extensions, but no change.

If i have only AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in SLE i'm stuck here --> Link

No errors and the system works, if i connect a device i have message on screen. The problem is only in the connector

We can make an efi string only for this?

If someone wants to try these kexts, maybe with an external display. But these do not give solution

Link_kexts

fiox89 - We used your AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext - can you confirm you're getting the same result booting with morkb GFX string?

I'm doing a lot of testing in the coming days I will give you other information

For now all very confusing

good luck. try your best.

New test today :

After installing Lion,

no way to boot it w/ all kext loaded.

It's working w/ SL but not w/ Lion (VNC connection of course)

So i tried to put back all the kext from SL in Lion S/L/E and it does exactly the same, can't boot.

Maybe there's a new problem w/ Lion, not only a connector issue in FB.

BTW does someone know how the connectors are hard coded in the FB, like how bcc9 explained in his sandy bridge thread for SNB frame buffer ?

Use manor's kexts for Lion. It shoud boot to the GUI

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260866

New test today :

After installing Lion,

no way to boot it w/ all kext loaded.

It's working w/ SL but not w/ Lion (VNC connection of course)

So i tried to put back all the kext from SL in Lion S/L/E and it does exactly the same, can't boot.

Maybe there's a new problem w/ Lion, not only a connector issue in FB.

BTW does someone know how the connectors are hard coded in the FB, like how bcc9 explained in his sandy bridge thread for SNB frame buffer ?

fiox89

Thanks and good luck !

Hey, I could need some help with my i3-370M.

I always stuck at "DSMOS has arrived" when I try to install Lion GM.

My Specs:

-- dv6-3103eg

-- Core i3-370M

-- 4GB RAM

-- HD Graphics GMA 5700,

--- ATI Radeon HD 5470 (512MB)

I tried:

netkas' ATY_init, exoticpatch, the tut on the beginning of this thread, removing every Graphickext, removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, booting with -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes cpus=1 - or stuck with KP about ACPI Kernel Error

BIOS? Nope... No possibility to change something with the GPUs.

Ext. Monitor? Nope, always no signal, neither HDMI, nor VGA.

Has maybe anybody an idea, what I could try?

Greets,

Keyno

Sry for my crappy English.. :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I`ve had an idea: did you look at the way the guys over at Tonymac`s site got their Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics to work?

Well, here`s how some of them did it:http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26370

They inserted Device IDs of real Macs which use the same Hardware. So what I`m thinking about now is combining their advanced knowledge with our little progress and trying this ourselves. Someone should try inserting the Device ID of one of the MBPs that actually made use of the Intel GMA HD or 5700 into their DSDT.

Cheers, maybe this will lead to a little step forward :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I`ve had an idea: did you look at the way the guys over at Tonymac`s site got their Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics to work?

Well, here`s how some of them did it:http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26370

They inserted Device IDs of real Macs which use the same Hardware. So what I`m thinking about now is combining their advanced knowledge with our little progress and trying this ourselves. Someone should try inserting the Device ID of one of the MBPs that actually made use of the Intel GMA HD or 5700 into their DSDT.

Cheers, maybe this will lead to a little step forward :D

This is known from a few days, I had loaded (automatically on startup) AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (from tonymac site) modified by me for Intel 5700, but no change

You have found Device (IGD0) in the dsdt? In my dsdt not are Device (IGD0). So I can not change the dsdt as described in the guide

Based on my laptop spec, (in my signature below) which guide to install Lion do you recommend??

I have the retail DMG from app store, I would like to try manor's method because, as far i know, he got custom res, and some kind of QE, he also have same hardware as i do, thanx in advance!!!

manor had sony laptop. For install lion simple remove AppleIntelHD kexts from /S/L/E in the installer of lion, and rebuild cache with

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/YOUR_USB_LION/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/YOUR_USB_LION/System/Library/Extensions

----

I have a crazy idea. I have try to load kexts for X3100, the kexts edited work with intel 4500. Maybe this can work also for intel hd graphics? (yes with only resolutions, but for now..)

So, i have AppleIntelGMAX3100FB and AppleIntelGMAX3100 loaded (edited with intel hd ID), and Natit, but i have this message

Warning - kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100 has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel* and com.apple.kpi.* components; use only one style.

and for Natit

Alkor: Starting.
  Chosen model Not supported.
  Alkor: Required dictionaries not found in plist

We need to edit Natit? any ideas? or forget it?

Link to kexts

I have a crazy idea. I have try to load kexts for X3100, the kexts edited work with intel 4500. Maybe this can work also for intel hd graphics? (yes with only resolutions, but for now..)

So, i have AppleIntelGMAX3100FB and AppleIntelGMAX3100 loaded (edited with intel hd ID), and Natit, but i have this message

Warning - kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100 has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel* and com.apple.kpi.* components; use only one style.

and for Natit

Chosen model Not supported.

We need to edit Natit? any ideas? or forget it?

The problem with this is that we will probably lose QE/CI if we were to modify the X3100 kexts for our Intel HD Graphics.

Anyways I think we may have to stick with Snow Leopard. If you install the Intel HD Graphics kexts on Lion, there will be huge distortions. Just installing AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext already gives a distortion. :wacko:

P.S. Core Image works in Lion because it uses Apple Software Rendering. Its not because of Intel HD Graphics.

The problem with this is that we will probably lose QE/CI if we were to modify the X3100 kexts for our Intel HD Graphics.

Anyways I think we may have to stick with Snow Leopard. If you install the Intel HD Graphics kexts on Lion, there will be huge distortions. Just installing AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext already gives a distortion. :wacko:

P.S. Core Image works in Lion because it uses Apple Software Rendering. Its not because of Intel HD Graphics.

Yes it is true, but for now, would be nice to have the correct resolution

Can anyone tried this kexts in snow leopard? (removing all AppleIntelHD kexts) without efi string, I think..

I have only Lion on my laptop

Yes it is true, but for now, would be nice to have the correct resolution

Can anyone tried this kexts in snow leopard? (removing all AppleIntelHD kexts) without efi string, I think..

I have only Lion on my laptop

its nice try. try more..

I'm using Snow Leopard, what are you guys using?

I'm using Lion

Hi it's not so easy inside natit kext binary there are references to gma and x3100 I tried to change with an hex editor..you can try..but doubt it will work

ciao

Marco

Maybe we need to edit only Info.plist?

However I'm going to try ^_^

ciao

I'm using Lion

Maybe we need to edit only Info.plist?

However I'm going to try ;)

ciao

info.plist should be already ok

it's the binary has a check on device id..I've changed it but don't know if it will work

ciao

This is the result

Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Chosen model INTEL  HD

For this reason I think we need to change Info.plist

This is the result

Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Chosen model INTEL  HD

For this reason I think we need to change Info.plist

try to add replace <key>GMA X3100</key> with <key>INTEL HD</key> in info.plist

there 2 spaces between INTEL and HD

Here are my 2cents:

Probability of this working close to 0%: Apple has gone straight to Sandy Bridge Intel HD 3000

I looked through the source for the Radeon driver:

http://code.google.com/p/osx86-driver-rade...source/checkout

If 200 people put $20 in some escrow account and made it the prize some hw developer might do it for $4K no?

My Intel i5-460M with plain Intel HD and no dedicated graphics has 10.6.7 on it; with all IntelHD* deleted I get a 1024 x 768 screen with no artifacts on the internal screen. Gigabit ethernet and wifi work great. Without the FB Safari crashes very frequently.

Found something worth looking at: This is what dougaa from TonyMac has to say on why the framebuffer won`t load:

Your situation is more complicated than I've come across before, and I'm not sure what to recommend. In particular, I'm not sure how OS X handles having both HD3000 and the GT 540m at boot time. Here's what I know about this in general, maybe something will be helpful.

For this to work, first AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext needs to load. There are two reason it may not load. You need to use a boot loader that loads it properly. Chameleon versions r1108 through r1220 have a bug and won't load it. Versions before r1108 and after r1220 are ok. I don't have info about Chimera versions. Second, for the kext to load the device id of the HD3000 has to match one of the one the ids the kexts check for. Device ids 0x0116 and 0x0126 are known to work. (The full ids in Info.plist are 0x01168086 and 0x01268086.) If your native id is not one of those, you can either edit both AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to add your id, or use injection in your DSDT to change your id to one that works.

Once AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext loads, the only other known fix for problems is to change the connector list. That was figured out by bcc9 at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=259705. In Lion, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext chooses a connector list based on the machine model, which is why changing the model may help sometimes. That thread also explains how you can patch the connector list. The HD3000 driver doesn't seem to work correctly unless the first display in the list is connected. If you have to connect another display (to HD3000) at boot time to get it to work, it's likely that's the reason. In Snow Leopard the connector list works differently, and comes from the AAPL,os-info property for the graphics. That property is not defined for a PC, but EFI injection (device-properties in the loader plist) can be used to define it. Injecting the properties copied from a MacBookPro8,1 works sometimes. No one has figured out how to edit the Snow Lion connector list. As far as I know, no one has ever gotten VGA to work in either Snow Leopard or Lion.

I guess part of the last part is something that manor did in his tutorial!

(Link to thread I took it from http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...2&start=160)

Cheers, consolepilot