Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

I think the problem is in the connectorinfo...

This is sure. After many tests I got this. With AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB edite by me

Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB class AppleIntelFramebuffer is a duplicate;kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB already has a class by that name.
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB failed to load (0xdc008017).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB (error 0xdc008017).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB"

I have edited manor's kext AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB form tonymac site (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB edited work for Intel HD3000)

I have AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB in the loaded extensions, but no change.

If i have only AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in SLE i'm stuck here --> Link

No errors and the system works, if i connect a device i have message on screen. The problem is only in the connector

We can make an efi string only for this?

If someone wants to try these kexts, maybe with an external display. But these do not give solution

Link_kexts

I got native res. only on external monitor in Chameleon. My laptop has got Intel HM55 chipset.

I think the problem is in the connectorinfo...Timing is wrong too, but the screen should to be on the internal monitor.

Edit: When I put only the Framebuffer to S/L/E , I can boot up system without "-x" -> ScreenSharing is working

I can get recognized my internal display only with this string:

ae0000000100000001000000a20000000300000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff040010000000
6d006f00640065006c00000016000000496e74656c204844204772617068696373001e0000004100410050004c002c006f
0073002d0069006e0066006f0000001800000030490111011008000001000000000000ffffffff1c00000064006500760069
00630065005f00740079007000650000000c000000646973706c617900

Why?:

Hey Xenon12, your laptop looks exactly like mine, except mine is manufactured by Gateway, not by Packard Bell.

I'm guessing the only difference we have is that my laptop comes with an Intel Core i5 430m. Anyways where did you get that internal display string from? And where did you put it?

P.S., i think your external monitor has a problem. I have an external monitor connected to mine and it doesn't look distorted like that.

This is sure. After many tests I got this. With AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB edite by me

Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB class AppleIntelFramebuffer is a duplicate;kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB already has a class by that name.
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB failed to load (0xdc008017).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB (error 0xdc008017).
Jul 29 22:31:36 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB"

I have edited manor's kext AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB form tonymac site (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB edited work for Intel HD3000)

I have AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB in the loaded extensions, but no change.

If i have only AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in SLE i'm stuck here --> Link

No errors and the system works, if i connect a device i have message on screen. The problem is only in the connector

We can make an efi string only for this?

If someone wants to try these kexts, maybe with an external display. But these do not give solution

Link_kexts

I have got the same result with the original kext.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB:

Version: 7.2.2

Last Modified: 2011.07.30. 0:32

Get Info String: AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB 7.2.2

Kind: Intel

Architectures: i386, x86_64

64-Bit (Intel): Yes

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

Kext Version: 7.0.2

Load Address: 0x57de1000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Satisfied

GhostRider: Hi! I get the string from this topic. Somebody said he get the black screen and posted this EFI string. I putted in to org.chameleon.Boot.plist .

I got the distorted screen only when the Framebuffer is loaded, custom res. is working and changes the resolution of the external monitor, but the screen is still distorted... The internal screen recognized well, i can set this native res. , but the screen is on the external monitor :( The backlight is working but internal screen is black.

Mac OS X can turn off my backlight! :)

post-603338-1311979960_thumb.jpg

Xenon12: can you explain how please? :)

Your display is recognized?

Yeah Xenon12 I would like to know this as well. I added the device string, and i installed the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext. I rebooted and the frame buffer never loads. It only loads if I install AppleIntelHDGraphics kext also. So i'm confused. :)

I use Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7. The QE/CI is worked for me with your method. I just deleted the IntelHD kexts from S/L/E and copied the framebuffer to it. I use the latest Chameleon. My internal display is reconized well. I can post a screenshot and my extra folder later... :)

I forgot this: smbios.plist is very important! Should be MacBookPro8,1 !

My Extra folder and a screenshot from VNC :) :

post-603338-1312055041_thumb.png

Extra.zip

Chameleon can't detect the internal monitor's resolution only an external monitor's res.

I need somebody who can edit the connectorinfo in the framebuffer kext... :/ I think, we need to exchange the VGA connector's info with the LVDP's info.

Chameleon can't detect the internal monitor's resolution only an external monitor's res.

I need somebody who can edit the connectorinfo in the framebuffer kext... :/ I think, we need to exchange the VGA connector's info with the LVDP's info.

AppleIntelSNB or AppleIntelHD framebuffer kext? Which one is loaded on your system?

kextstat | grep AppleIntel

Thanks Xenon12.

I also have a Packard Bell i3-350m. I'm playing on the Acer Timeline at the moment though.

I think you're right, we need to go back to the ATI post and do something for our Intel HD's.

Are you saying at the moment your laptop monitor is detected even when not connected to an external VGA?

Also, can you post the FrameBuffer kext your using please?

Cheers.

oki270: Only AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB is installed...

By installed you mean existing in /S/L/E or still loaded after 10 min of uptime?

can you please post output from following commands (I would try it myself but killed my instalation ;)):

uptime

kextstat | grep AppleIntel

It is so cool that someone has this working, it's been dull for awhile :)

The kext package you posted from the 2011MBP doesn't seem right:

bash-3.2# kextstat |grep AppleIntel

46 0 0x6c4dd000 0x19000 0x18000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB (6.3.2) <26 14 13 7 5 4 3 1>

That is 6.3.2 - It looks like you're using 7.0.2 from your VNC screenshot. Can you post your kext pls :)

Many thanks.

Link_kexts

Sorry, I replaced with this and i can't remember :)

(but same result...)

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.zip

Thanks Xenon.

OK tried the kext, not happening here.

1. With your string, I get 4 squares (attached)

2. With my string, using OSX86Util - It doesn't enter graphics mode but I can VNC to it.

Any clue on what the 4 square means?

Cheers.

post-448961-1312064257_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I replaced with this and i can't remember :)

(but same result...)

I will see if I can get the same results, well actually I should be able to since its the same laptop. By the way which Chameleon version are you using and can you provide a link?

I remembered that the Chameleon team has introduced this resolution module. Maybe it was updated.

I always update it with Champlist: http://www.kexts.com/view/1536-champlist_1..._and_lion_.html

I don't know where and when i got the modules :) I will update it, thanks!

Well Xenon12 I have tried your method but I did this in OS X Lion. Anyways that Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer does give out some good results for both of us. :)

It seems that I got this graphics switching effect. My internal display turned off then it turned on again but I only see the backlight. When I connected my external monitor, I see a very distorted image with yellow lines just like your external monitor. ^_^

The problem however was that my Laptop became unresponsive. I didn't hear the volume popping sound, I typed on the keyboard to see if it would log in, but nothing, and I couldn't connect using VNC. :( Maybe this only happens in Lion?

And finally, my chameleon bootloader doesn't boot OS X Lion anymore for no freaking reason. (Still boots Windows 7 fine) I only see one line saying SystemVersion.plist and there it freezes. ;) I might have to switch to OS X Snow Leopard.

Overall, I'm pretty sure my internal monitor's EDID was detected as well like yours. Too bad I couldn't confirm it using VNC.

Lion was very unstable on my notebook too ... sometimes it booted up, but i can't click on anything, the screen was frozen but the mouse worked :S I hope you will get more success with Snow Leopard...

Lion was very unstable on my notebook too ... sometimes it booted up, but i can't click on anything, the screen was frozen but the mouse worked :S I hope you will get more success with Snow Leopard...

[/quote

can I see your ioreg file ple

can I see your ioreg file ple

Here it is:

MacBook_Pro.zip

post-603338-1312141342_thumb.png

post-603338-1312141348_thumb.png

Xenon12. Out of curiosity I loaded up Snow and I can confirm the results you're getting with the exact same GFX string and IntelHDFB.

It now detects the LDVS and showing the correct resolution with the Fuzzy screen. So both the internal and external at correct resolutions.

I'm starting to believe the only people who have got the card working are those who Chameleon detects correct resolution.

fiox89 - We used your AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext - can you confirm you're getting the same result booting with morkb GFX string?

It looks like the modified AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext you used was modified by fiox89, if he can confirm the same result with Xenon12's GFX string perhaps we can