Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

Did anyone here get the full resolution yet? (if yes can anyone make a small tutorial for the noobs like me out there? :D ) I have Intel HD Graphics, 0x0046, i think thats the GMA 5700, i really hope anyone can help :D

Unfortunately no. No one has gotten res to work with GMA HD yet, not here not anywhere. Trust me once it happens you will know because it will be posted so many times in so many places so fast it will make your head spin. Until then just keep checking the forums, and keep up hope and any testing you may be doing on your own.

Today i had a little epifany and after i installed update 10.6.8 and made sure

that everything was working fine, i downloaded teamviewer, made it start on start up,

and i also used a static password, i then used smbios for ΜacBook 6.1 and rebooted the PC.

Αfter a few minutes i tried connecting to the laptop (G6-1150sv) through teamviewer and went to

system profiler to check the graphics card.

It correctly displayed the card, with correct info, but on the laptop screen i only had a black

screen. (as all of us when we use the 6.1 smbios with the intel kexts installed).

I also downloaded gfxcardstatus, which also sees the card but does nothing else, for example setting

it as the default and activate the monitor.

So the real problem is to find a way to make the pc display through the integrated card or in

a way fool it so it thinks that it displays through the nvidia.

Εdit, i must also add, that i could successfully change the resolution.

hi i have hp G62 core i3 370M 2.39MHz with intel hd and 10.6.7 installed dual boot win7 i followed your steps and got a translucent menubar with 1024×768 but i get a kernel panic whenever i play video in fullscreen also my display is a bit messed-up with horizontal lines which disappear when i zoom or touch a drop down menu on menubar any help i ill appreciate.

my dsdt dsdt.aml.zip

It's a real shame that none of those geek nerds wont help us,

Insulting someone won't help in any way.

i can't believe that there's no solution for our problem, is just a kext!...

If it is "just a kext", how come you didn't re-wrote it already to work?

So.. there are ppl who could get this to work, but they just dont want to? Or, they dont have time to?

Would you just throw away months of your free time to possibly help someone you don't know?

Would you just throw away months of your free time to possibly help someone you don't know?

Some ppl wouldnt consider it 'throwing away' their free time. Many developers/hackers take on challenges purely for the thrill, regardless of whether or not the end result is useful to them.

Ok, I'm running Lion 10.7.2 Build 11C26 on i3-350M. I have only the Intel GPU (GMA5700mhd alias Intel HD GMA). I managed to run tests with OpenGL Extension Viewer (screenshot attached). The renderer available from the menu is "Apple Software Renderer". Does this mean I have acceleration? Unfortunately I have only one res available 1280x720x32.

post-774766-1316652997_thumb.png

post-774766-1316653004_thumb.png

pentothal: I tried some time ago the 10.7.2 but I did not have results

you have modified some kexts?

With 10.7 and 10.7.1 you have only 1024x768 ?

I added my id to: NVDAGF100Hal.kext. I have natit.kext. I have deleted AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.

"With 10.7 and 10.7.1 you have only 1024x768 ?"

No, I had 1280x720.

I added my id to: NVDAGF100Hal.kext. I have natit.kext. I have deleted AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.

This tip not work

I think you have a resolution with graphics enabler of chameleon

Thanks anyway

This tip not work

I think you have a resolution with graphics enabler of chameleon

Thanks anyway

Ok, thanks a lot for you reply. Do you know if someone is working on getting GMA5700 up and working under Lion? I've been reading forums for a while now and it looks like GMA5700 will never be fully operational.

Ok, I'm running Lion 10.7.2 Build 11C26 on i3-350M. I have only the Intel GPU (GMA5700mhd alias Intel HD GMA). I managed to run tests with OpenGL Extension Viewer (screenshot attached). The renderer available from the menu is "Apple Software Renderer". Does this mean I have acceleration? Unfortunately I have only one res available 1280x720x32.

I didn't changed graphics kexts (I have "no kext loaded") and I have similar results in OpenGL Extensions Viewer (maybe a little worse) on my i5 450M. I have support in OpenGL tab to version 2.1 100% and 82% for 3.0, 3.1 12%, 3.2 30% and 0% for higher versions. In Tests I have 20-11fps (default settings).

I think you have only software support (like me without kexts). Look at Pixel Formats tab, there is Hardware Accelerated position. There you can check your kexts is working (I mean if they're not only cosmetic change).

I think that nobody is working on it. Maybe some users

I am was trying a lot of options in the last few days with NO succes. BUT... I tried something else: I am using i3 -540. Just put a GT-210 in my hack ( desktop off course) and I got FULL HD !!!! But the clue is that OSX is using INtel HD Graphics but sending video through out the GT 210. ( Let's not forget that the GT 210 do not work with Ga-H55M-S2V, I am using here) I got another Video card too - HD5570 ( not supported natively) and it works the same - FULL HD with the Intel HD Graphic in the System Profiler!!!

So we are not that far away from succes... but how? :(;)

Insulting someone won't help in any way.

If it is "just a kext", how come you didn't re-wrote it already to work?

Im not insulting, "geeks" & "nerds" are perfect description for ppl who knows a lot of computer stuff and related, i'd like to know much as they do to rewrite my own kexts. but is obvious that i dont.

And yes, is just a kext, a lot of geeks and nerds develop everyday new kexts for all kind of hardware, i just can't believe that none of them want to help us. that's it.

Hi Pentothal, how do you did to get 1280x720 res, and if it's a native res for your display??? and if you can add some screenshots or some kinda step by step guide!

thnx in advanced.

irako.

Hi Pentothal, how do you did to get 1280x720 res, and if it's a native res for your display??? and if you can add some screenshots or some kinda step by step guide!

thnx in advanced.

irako.

Hi Irako, my display native resolution is 1366x768. The best thing you can do to increase your display resolution is to install Chameleon bootloader (I use Chameleon Wizard or Champlist). Please get the latest build. Then set your Graphics Mode to your display native resolution (mine is: 1366x768x32@60). You won't have hardware acceleration but at least you will get a decent resolution.

Ciao

I tried this method (from 1st post). I had to add ncpi=0x2000 flag, because booting was stopping at [PCI Configuration Begin] with 10.7 kernel. Now it stops writing in verbose mode in this place, but it continues loading (can it be changed?).

I have transparent menu bar, so it's working, but when I try to run OpenGL test I have kernel panic. The same when I run Hedgewars (free game like Worms ;) ). In e.g. desktops background change menu I have line distortions. They're shifted like: 1st line on left, 2nd in right position, 3rd on the right, 4th on left etc. Something like this. Only when I move windows I have quite good quality of drawing in window.

It still says that I have 64MB of graphics card RAM.

I copied EDID information, but still don't have detected display(s). Still Chameleon forces to boot in given resolution. In my case it's 1600x900.

And Flash Player works :(

I tried it from the 1st post too .. No transparent menu bar and still 1024x768.

I have an Acer AS5742 I3 M380 with Integrated HD graphics

At this point I just want the higher res. Qe/Ci aren't that important.

Anyone get native res with similar graphics and if so how?

thx

Anyone get native res with similar graphics and if so how?

No it does not. And it won't happen either. No amount of injecting of EFI strings or DSDT changes will or could help. To get native resolution you need a working framebuffer. Now all of you use VESA framebuffer which will give you only VESA resolutions (Some DELL and Sony laptops have a bit different VGA BIOS which includes their native resolution for LVDS so they already in Chameleon have native res as a video-mode). Framebuffer kext for INTELHD lacks part of code that would command output PIPEs for all cards not connected to mux (yes, in MBP with intelhd output is connected to HW mux). So it will never work if someone do not rewrite this part of kext or write a new one. And that most likely won't happen.

I wrote this few times already, shown some proffs but people are still acting like idiots hitting the wall with their heads in hope that one of those times wall will break..