Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

Guys please remember that this topic is about the 1st Generation Intel Core i Processors with the 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics.

1st Generation have either Arrandale (Mobile) or Clarkdale (Desktop) Intel HD Graphics.

Please no Sandy Bridge discussion here, unless there is information that can help us. ;)

This thread is getting extremely bloated with off topic information. OS X Lion will be releasing soon so either we start a new Thread, or just keep using this one.

=============================================================

But seriously has anyone found any information on getting the AppleIntelHDGraphics Framebuffer to work? I'm pretty sure it loads up but it freezes my hackintosh on the boot screen.

I'm pretty sure some of you are able to load it up because you guys mention some sort of black screen.

Guys please remember that this topic is about the 1st Generation Intel Core i Processors with the 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics.

1st Generation have either Arrandale (Mobile) or Clarkdale (Desktop) Intel HD Graphics.

Please no Sandy Bridge discussion here, unless there is information that can help us. :)

Where is the discussion about sandy bridge?

btw...you have tried the fix by maron?

Where is the discussion about sandy bridge?

btw...you have tried the fix by maron?

Yes I have tried Manor's instructions but most of it was cosmetic changes. Resolution is the same, Intel HD Graphics Kexts aren't even working properly due to the extra lines which I have no idea what they do, and no QE in OS X Lion DP4. I don't know what else to tell you.

Anybody else has played around with their DSDTs and hacked it so Intel HD Graphics can work? I don't understand why nobody isn't helping us. Hopefully the Chameleon Bootloader Team can fix our resolution problem since they are the only people that seem to look into it. :rolleyes:

I have load with kextload the IntelHDGraphics.kext and IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (after start system)

With AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle, i have

MacBook-Pro-di-Fiox:~ Fiox$ sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext/

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) kext (kmod) start/stop routine failed; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

ideas?

Windows 7 to yes, if there is someone who is capable of the developer kexts for intel hd Arrandale I think it's hopeless

there was a hope that can be put that apple processor in the mac mini but apparently it will go directly to Sandy Bridge

I have load with kextload the IntelHDGraphics.kext and IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (after start system)

With AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle, i have

MacBook-Pro-di-Fiox:~ Fiox$ sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext/

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) kext (kmod) start/stop routine failed; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

ideas?

I m gettimg the black screen after edit com.apple boot.list and with vnc it' s working fine....time machine working...dvd working....and so on...but still black sreen...i have a laptop

Anyway i was wondering if anyone of you had tried with 64 bit mode?

I really dont understand why our friend manor says that he already did the miracle and nobody else had have success with his method, i didnt try it because im on snow leopard and not lion, besides i dont know how but i just screw up my nearest perfect install, with some kext or something i dont remember right now, i did a new clean install, but it always fails at the 10.6.3, even with the mod cd, but, anyway, since the topic is just stuck, im really loosing hope, i think our last chance is the chameleon team, but, the same story, we have to wait...

meanwhile, sorry for ask again but, whats up with manor method????? :D

Manor, pleaseee write a step by step guide, a how to, or whatever instructions you did to get it work!!! ;)

Manor does not say the model of CPU that uses it has thé REVISIONID : 0x002

i5 430M REVISONID :0X012

it is not the same revision id

I really dont understand why our friend manor says that he already did the miracle and nobody else had have success with his method, i didnt try it because im on snow leopard and not lion, besides i dont know how but i just screw up my nearest perfect install, with some kext or something i dont remember right now, i did a new clean install, but it always fails at the 10.6.3, even with the mod cd, but, anyway, since the topic is just stuck, im really loosing hope, i think our last chance is the chameleon team, but, the same story, we have to wait...

meanwhile, sorry for ask again but, whats up with manor method????? ;)

Manor, pleaseee write a step by step guide, a how to, or whatever instructions you did to get it work!!! :D

Gateway NV7915u

Intel i3 330m Intel HD 5770

IntelHDGraphics:

Chipset Model: IntelHDGraphics

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 771 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0012

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

May be that with ID 0x0002 Revision there is the correct resolution? maybe we need to change any of our entering the correct kext revision ID?

w/

Geforce.kext + NVDANV50Hal.kext loaded (GF100Hal don't work)

Modified EDID for my laptop display

homemade EFI strings in com.apple.boot.plist

=> 1024x768

w/

IntelHDGraphics + GLBundle

=> 1024x768 w/ transparent menu bar

w/

IntelHDGraphics + GLBundle +GAPlugin + VADriver

=> messed up screen, only mouse pointer is OK.

w/

IntelHDGraphicsFB

=> Never see the desktop, it stop in verbose mode.

New try w/ manor EFI string + geforce.kext + NVDANV50HAL : still 1024x768 but now showing 1280MB vram

post-333632-1310638254_thumb.jpg

New try w/ manor EFI string + geforce.kext + NVDANV50HAL : still 1024x768 but now showing 1280MB vram

This is only a cosmetic changes...made by the efi string in c.a.B.p

hi,

The same here:

id 0046 Arrandale

ID 0x0002 Revision

always in x32 mode...wondering if it will change in x64...not tried Kernel Pnaic for the ps2 mouse and audio

10.6.8 kext

w/

Geforce.kext + GF100Hal lodaed (have to add in GF100 kext info.plist the 0x00468086&0FF....ecc ecc and it loaded)+natit

Modified EDID for my laptop display the same

homemade EFI strings in com.apple.boot.plist the same also Manor device hex string

no qe/CI...no traslucent bar and still 1024x768..but at least there no kernel panic anymore when i try some appl that require QE/CI

=> 1024x768

w/

IntelHDGraphics + GLBundle

=> 1024x768 w/ transparent menu bar the same

w/

IntelHDGraphics + GLBundle +GAPlugin + VADriver

=> messed up screen, only mouse pointer is OK. the same

w/

IntelHDGraphicsFB

=> Never see the desktop, it stop in verbose mode...if you add the correct efi string you will get a nice black screen instead...vnc working fine with all accelerations

by the way I have alos tried with lion kext form DP3...stil the same also with manor method

so revision 0x002 still, 1024x768....I can confirm

I think we have to find a switch in gfx string using ITS INTEL KEXTs (ie AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext) that will recognize the Laptop lcd as Apple Panel lcd...I've tried a lot of configurations..but always black screen

As only with intel framebuffer everything it's working as design even if only in vnc due to laptop blackscreen

=> Never see the desktop, it stop in verbose mode...if you add the correct efi string you will get a nice black screen instead...vnc working fine with all accelerations

Is it also working w/ an external monitor ?

That would mean that's only the display not recognized, and so maybe just because we're not using the same bootloader as manor

Those kind of issues have been solved in the past for X3100/X4500 :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...182074&st=0

http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/01/28/ch...r-snow-leopard/

That would mean that's only the display not recognized, and so maybe just because we're not using the same bootloader as manor

I know problem is intelhdgraphics.kext and fb

more info http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215236

I never get it working with external display..but my laptop has Ati 5470 as secondary graphic card...but i've read that many people have the external display working

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Arrandale Graphics on Dell E4310 i5 540M. No QE/CI :( Need it to get Keynote 2009 working.