Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

OK Girls .... I am close to Manors success .... I am running Snow leopard. ... just installed the Dev4 Kexts. ... and added the edi string. ... now i get nearly the same view as manor. ... vram changed from 288 to 768 as by manor reportet. I also have display connector in System Profiler. ... the kexts does not seem to be loaded. ...

now i am using disk utility to repair my permissions ... before i did with kext helper. .. maybe that gives me more success. I think, that Manors SMBIOS is quiet important. !!!

Tomorrow after university (late ) I ll try to change nvcap ...

OK VRam is at 768 cause it is vesa. ... ==>No FB loaded. Also Manor has no kEXT loaded even, it the system say's it. ... Tomorrow. .. I ll test different NVcaP

Girl :) LOL luck...

try qe/cl good luck.

OK Girls .... I am close to Manors success .... I am running Snow leopard. ... just installed the Dev4 Kexts. ... and added the edi string. ... now i get nearly the same view as manor. ... vram changed from 288 to 768 as by manor reportet. I also have display connector in System Profiler. ... the kexts does not seem to be loaded. ...

now i am using disk utility to repair my permissions ... before i did with kext helper. .. maybe that gives me more success. I think, that Manors SMBIOS is quiet important. !!!

Tomorrow after university (late ) I ll try to change nvcap ...

OK VRam is at 768 cause it is vesa. ... ==>No FB loaded. Also Manor has no kEXT loaded even, it the system say's it. ... Tomorrow. .. I ll test different NVcaP

Any reason for you to use a gfx string based on an nvdia one on your com.apple.Boot.plist instead of a intel gma efi gfx string???

Hey guys, I may have good news. ;) It seems that the Chameleon Boot Loader team may have already started working on getting our Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) to detect our native resolution afterall!

post-620531-1309219832_thumb.png

The team has implemented a module for Pre Intel HD Graphics (I'm guessing they're referring to the 1st generation Intel HD Graphics?) that will allow the Boot Loader to detect the EDID as well as patching VESA.

I believe this module does not work at the moment because its probably in its alpha stage. Overall it is still good news. :(

Well, if this new Chameleon version is already out, with that option, it means that the resolution option already works, but, do you know if i have to install a kext of fbkext to get it works???

I run the installer, choose install chameleon and resolution but nothing happens, just boots in the horrible 1024 x 768, and in the system preferences there is no other resolution available... :S

any idea?

Any reason for you to use a gfx string based on an nvdia one on your com.apple.Boot.plist instead of a intel gma efi gfx string???

Yes I think, it is cause the System switches between NVIDIA And Intel. .... So they also use the NVCaP for Intel. Before I tried Intel EFI Strings i generated and had no success.

Yes I think, it is cause the System switches between NVIDIA And Intel. .... So they also use the NVCaP for Intel. Before I tried Intel EFI Strings i generated and had no success.

I still cannot make the HD/HDFB .kext loaded by system, neither the resolution

Yes I think, it is cause the System switches between NVIDIA and Intel. .... So they also use the NVCAP for Intel. Before I tried Intel EFI Strings i generated and had no success.

What if we get an ioreg dump of a macbookpro with just intelhd loaded will the ioreg be the same?

it would need someone with an intelhd macbookpro to move out of S/L/E all the video kexts that are not intelhd just like we do but with all the intelhd kexts of course.. will the ioreg be different and give us more insight on the possible efi gfx string to use? i just don't know if the ioreg will be different, but maybe worth a try? first we need to know if the video for the macbookpro will work with just the intelhd kexts present.. maybe yes, maybe not..

I was finally able to install OS X Lion DP4 on my hackintosh :) even though the final one comes out this July :P but I didn't want to wait. I have to admit though it was a pain in the butt to install this. :)

I literally had to make two partitions, one for a working Snow Leopard and one for Lion DP4 because without a working installation of OS X, you won't be able to repair caches and install kexts properly in OS X Lion. If you don't configure Lion properly, you'll be greeted with a white screen of death (which I have temporarily fixed), or be stuck in the connect your keyboard page in Setup Assistant. (which I also temporarily fixed) :)

===========================================================================

...as for our Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) in OS X Lion, there is really a huge difference. Right now I do not have any Intel HD Graphics Kexts loaded but even without them there seems to be some acceleration going on. Expose and Mission Control have fast and smooth transitions. OS X Lion is a must for Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) users. B)

OS_X_Lion_DP4.tiff

As you can see my friends, OS X Lion successfully captures screenshots using the Grab App :D

About_This_Mac.tiff

This is the About This Mac if anyone cares. ;)

Preview_App.tiff

And finally this is the Preview App. Yup it works as well. :)

But guess what? All of this works with no Intel HD Graphics Kexts loaded! I guess Apple has given us a break. :D

...but not the resolution part. :wacko:

p.s. The mouse cursor looks very smooth and clean, compared to the crappy one in Snow Leopard. There's also new window transitions as well, but only apply to small windows. ;)

I was finally able to install OS X Lion DP4 on my hackintosh :wacko: even though the final one comes out this July B) but I didn't want to wait. I have to admit though it was a pain in the butt to install this. ;)

I literally had to make two partitions, one for a working Snow Leopard and one for Lion DP4 because without a working installation of OS X, you won't be able to repair caches and install kexts properly in OS X Lion. If you don't configure Lion properly, you'll be greeted with a white screen of death (which I have temporarily fixed), or be stuck in the connect your keyboard page in Setup Assistant. (which I also temporarily fixed) :)

===========================================================================

...as for our Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) in OS X Lion, there is really a huge difference. Right now I do not have any Intel HD Graphics Kexts loaded but even without them there seems to be some acceleration going on. Expose and Mission Control have fast and smooth transitions. OS X Lion is a must for Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) users. :)

you really don't need a working OSX to fix the problem of LION

you can easily goto the single user mode by

-v -s

then, you can fix the permission and rebuild the cache

actually, in LION the cache of S/L/E has to be rebuild by typing command for me

you really don't need a working OSX to fix the problem of LION

you can easily goto the single user mode by

-v -s

then, you can fix the permission and rebuild the cache

actually, in LION the cache of S/L/E has to be rebuild by typing command for me

I know but I kind of don't like terminal commands, reminds me of Linux too much. ;) Well anyways I might post some things later on when I have time.

I know but I kind of don't like terminal commands, reminds me of Linux too much. ;) Well anyways I might post some things later on when I have time.

ha,i like terminal commands much more~

in lion, the intel hd kext could not be loaded. it's really a problem

Hey guys again, well anyways one of the main reasons I installed OS X Lion DP4 was to try out Manor's findings, but it seems that his findings don't really do anything. :D

Unfortunately Manor was not using the official OS X Lion DP4 kexts. I did try Manor's Intel HD Graphics kexts and installed them on Lion but I found out they don't do anything. This is why partial QE/CI can't be achieved using his kexts. :(

The EFI string he told us to put in our Boot.plist doesn't do anything either. It just makes our System Information specs look pretty. :D See this screenshot:

About_This_Mac.tiff

If I connect an external monitor to my hackintosh, I can use 1280x1024, but I needed to edit the Boot.plist. I'm not sure if Manor is using an external monitor since we never see a screenshot of his laptop.

...and if your wondering about getting Quartz Extreme (Core Image works without Intel HD kexts) to work on OS X Lion, these new kexts made things worse. ;)

Hey guys again, well anyways one of the main reasons I installed OS X Lion DP4 was to try out Manor's findings, but it seems that his findings don't really do anything. :)

Unfortunately Manor was not using the official OS X Lion DP4 kexts. I did try Manor's Intel HD Graphics kexts and installed them on Lion but I found out they don't do anything. This is why partial QE/CI can't be achieved using his kexts. :)

The EFI string he told us to put in our Boot.plist doesn't do anything either. It just makes our System Information specs look pretty. :( See this screenshot:

About_This_Mac.tiff

If I connect an external monitor to my hackintosh, I can use 1280x1024, but I needed to edit the Boot.plist. I'm not sure if Manor is using an external monitor since we never see a screenshot of his laptop.

...and if your wondering about getting Quartz Extreme (Core Image works without Intel HD kexts) to work on OS X Lion, these new kexts made things worse. :(

damn...

I'll be sure to experiement on my dell arrandale once I can buy lion retail.

Doesn't look to good fro your experiemtns with DP4. Thou I can't really complain much compared to some of you. All I want fixed is blur when using HW accel and KP on fullscreen.

This is Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) on OS X Lion with AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext kext loaded.

post-620531-1309712911_thumb.jpg

The official OS X Lion DP4 AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext causes this distortion now. This really isn't looking good. ;)

Unfortunately, I still can't load up ApppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. My hackintosh freezes in the boot screen. -_-

For those wanting to test out the offical OS X Lion DP4 kexts, click on the link below to download them. This ZIP archive includes:

AppleIntelHDGraphics Kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA Plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver Bundle

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB Kext

AppleIntelSNBVA Bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer Kext

The AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle is no longer available because its either integrated onto these kexts or its already integrated onto OS X Lion.

Download OS X Lion DP4 Kexts

But most likely these kexts will not work on OS X Snow Leopard but still try them out.

This is Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) on OS X Lion with AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext kext loaded.

post-620531-1309712911_thumb.jpg

The official OS X Lion DP4 AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext causes this distortion now. This really isn't looking good. :P

Unfortunately, I still can't load up ApppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. My hackintosh freezes in the boot screen. :P

For those wanting to test out the offical OS X Lion DP4 kexts, click on the link below to download them. This ZIP archive includes:

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA Plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver Bundle

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB Kext

AppleIntelSNBVA Bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer Kext

The AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle is no longer available because its either integrated onto these kexts or its already integrated onto OS X Lion.

Download OS X Lion DP4 Kexts

But most likely these kexts will not work on OS X Snow Leopard but still try them out.

if original kexts doesnot load sysem.

i add this kexts just one more amp; then loaded.

Dell E4310 (arrandale) update:

Clean OSX 10.6.8 install removed only AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

Solved Fullscren KP with youtube/flash. Quicktime still KP in fullscreen, but 720p movies watchable maximized

I imagine there are fever distoritions, tho they are still quite evident if I enable hw acceleration in firefox and the like.

So now working:

- Custom resolution

- (partial) CI/QE

- Fullscreen youtube (i crashed atleast once a day on that one)

Not working:

External monitor correct resolution

Distortions in a lot of hw accelerated programs, not much noticable for me

Anything I can do with AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext to get this fully working?

Gonna look into Lion tonight. Preparing an USB now

EDIT: Think I have to wait for legacy kernel for Lion, tho 10.6.8 runs with vanilla

Solved Fullscren KP with youtube/flash. Quicktime still KP in fullscreen, but 720p movies watchable maximized

I imagine there are fever distoritions, tho they are still quite evident if I enable hw acceleration in firefox and the like.

So now working:

- Custom resolution

- (partial) CI/QE

Not working:

EDIT: Think I have to wait for legacy kernel for Lion, tho 10.6.8 runs with vanilla

what this Solved Fullscren KP with youtube/flash

can you explan more

Sure, before I updated to the latest kext, the machine would kernel panic if i tried to press fullscreen button in flash apps or in youtube. Extremely annoying.

But now with latest kexts, not using the one from zip file here, no panic on fullscreen. Tho Quicktime still panics. So have to watch 720k mkvs in maximized mode.

So now working:

- Custom resolution

- (partial) CI/QE

Not working:

can you post your desktop preview? i want to know about the distortion in accelerated programs before try it. :thumbsup_anim:

thanks

Sure, before I updated to the latest kext, the machine would kernel panic if i tried to press fullscreen button in flash apps or in youtube. Extremely annoying.

But now with latest kexts, not using the one from zip file here, no panic on fullscreen. Tho Quicktime still panics. So have to watch 720k mkvs in maximized mode.

Hi Sinzim, did you updated your kext through software update or download some kext from the web??? and if are you running SL or already installed Lion??

Can you write a little step by step guide about how you got that progress??? a lot of us will appreciate!!!

I'm using SL 10.6.7, do you recommend to update to 10.6.8 through software update as well?? or use another method??? thnx in advanced!!!