[Guide] HP DV8, DV7, DV6, & DV5, 10.6.4 Easy, Comprehensive Installation

Mammoth

v2.00 Installation, Update, and Mammoth Installation media  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is v2.00 something you are interested in and would use?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which are you most interested in?

• v2.00 Installation Guides
    • v2.00 Post-installation Update Guide

1,266 posts in this topic

Hi, I've updated my Hackintosh from MAC OS 10.6.2 to 10.6.5. Automatically.

And I've got a problem: cannot connect to the Internet, I think that there is some issues with network card (Ethernet), because I have message that my Ethernet cable is not connected. Though until then it worked without any problem, and now working good under the Windows XP.

May be you have some thoughts, how can I fix this problem?

I'll be very grateful.

About my technical staff:

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2l iG41 S775

Netcard is integrated in motherboard

i have hp dv5 with modified DSDT shown as in this guide : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215233

Grpahics,Firewire,all usb ports,WLAN,LAN,webcam - work using DSDT

I use kexts for

Sound

Card reader

Keyboard+Touch pad(with scrolling)

I also have sleep and wake up like real macbook pros do. there is audio after wake up.

anyway i can help pls let me know!!!

Actually, not at the moment. :gun:

There are many steps to being able to use it correctly, and all will be explained in the next release. Right now I need to concentrate all my efforts on the next release, which I am literally working on day and night, 14 hours a day. ;) I am trying to limit the deturs and diversions.

Hang tight; it won't be much longer.

OK I figured out how to do it myself and it compiled flawlessly the first time it self.

Great work Nixin.

Video,sleep, audio(with patched HDA and IDT kexts),usb,webcam,ethernet,trackpad(with new optimized voodops2controller:link-- http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=240639 ) courtsey Andy Vandijck, couldnt test brightness control as the link to kext by nixin aint workin now.

All in all everything workin better than ever before.

all thanks to wonderful patch by Nixin.

And Mammoth, yes it would be best if you made specific versions for DV-6,7,8 separately.

@Nixin: I would also request you to keep your dsdt patches separate for the DV-6,7,8 series.

Thanks every one again. looking forward to final fixes for our Hackbooks.

Hi, I've updated my Hackintosh from MAC OS 10.6.2 to 10.6.5. Automatically.

And I've got a problem: cannot connect to the Internet, I think that there is some issues with network card (Ethernet), because I have message that my Ethernet cable is not connected. Though until then it worked without any problem, and now working good under the Windows XP.

May be you have some thoughts, how can I fix this problem?

I'll be very grateful.

About my technical staff:

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2l iG41 S775

Netcard is integrated in motherboard

You are in the wrong thread. Please look elsewhere.

i have hp dv5 with modified DSDT shown as in this guide : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215233

Grpahics,Firewire,all usb ports,WLAN,LAN,webcam - work using DSDT

I use kexts for

Sound

Card reader

Keyboard+Touch pad(with scrolling)

I also have sleep and wake up like real macbook pros do. there is audio after wake up.

anyway i can help pls let me know!!!

Thanks Kunal_!

On your card reader, can you read all card types and is it 64-bit or 32-bit?

@Mammoth

Yes my card reader can read all card types and 64-bit bro.

As suggested by others to make a specific guide for dv6-7-8...i suggest that you also add dv5 to the list as there are some users like me are there.

Thanks alot in advance and keep up the good work.

if you need anything from me, files,screenshots anything please let me know! plus i would like to use your version 1.20 after its out hopefully giving me a much faster booting install and better color profile!

@Zman21295

Can you perhaps share how you managed to get your ATI GPU as primary adapter? Currently only my Intel GPU works. If I install the Macbook Pro 1.3 upgrade, I end up with a screen split into four smaller, garbled panes. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey sorry, I was wrong, My ATI card was not working as Primary. It was the Intel GPU, and same as you, after the MBP 1.3 Update.... I have Screwed Graphics.

You can keep the MBP 1.3 Update and use OSXRepair to delete

All kexts in S/L/E that begin with: "AppleIntelHDGraphics...."

Sorry for the Miscommunication. :)

@Mammoth

Yes my card reader can read all card types and 64-bit bro.

As suggested by others to make a specific guide for dv6-7-8...i suggest that you also add dv5 to the list as there are some users like me are there.

Thanks alot in advance and keep up the good work.

if you need anything from me, files,screenshots anything please let me know! plus i would like to use your version 1.20 after its out hopefully giving me a much faster booting install and better color profile!

Hi Kunal_,

Well that is all great news about the card reader. Would you mind posting what takes to get it working, such as .kexts and any special steps to use? I would like to try this ASAP and if works for our machines, at it to the new release and credit you for helping us out.

Also, yes, I am going to look at supporting all the current DVx models if possible, and if I can get all the help needed to do so. Thus far, everyone has been very supportive and everyone is really helping as much as they can, so I think this will be possible.

Thanks!

Hey sorry, I was wrong, My ATI card was not working as Primary. It was the Intel GPU, and same as you, after the MBP 1.3 Update.... I have Screwed Graphics.

You can keep the MBP 1.3 Update and use OSXRepair to delete

All kexts in S/L/E that begin with: "AppleIntelHDGraphics...."

Sorry for the Miscommunication. :D

Zman21295,

Thanks for clearing that up. Was hoping you had worked some magic... :)

Update:

Used your instructions about removing the AppleIntelHDGraphics... to upgrade to 10.6.5 for the first time. Thanks again!

@mammoth

dont worry bro, i am willing to be supportive and help out with the guide so that dv5 is also added to the guide.

there are many dv5 users on the forum who are looking for a stable system.

Attached is the kext i use, it is installed in S/L/E and works perfectly on my system. so it should not be a problem.

Install the kext as normal, repair permissions and restart.

And if i may ask, how to plan to add support for the dv5? anymore help you need from me?

Mammoth,

Will you be implementing all these in dv5?, i hope so!! looking forward to it!!:

Here are some of the improvements and changes that are anticipated to be incorporated into the coming release:

• Fully 10.6.5
  • Fully 64-bit!
  • Updated with latest Chameleon
  • All guides / docs streamlined and updated
  • USB stick version of the Mammoth DVx Boot CD

• (Fastest boot, easiest to update, best for troubleshooting, saves wasted bad CD burns)
  • Most correct audio (inputs/outputs, such as headphones)
  • Closest to a real MacBook Pro ever on our systems!
  • Accurate info in “About This Mac”
  • Fully specific and correct smbios info for our systems
  • Updated FakeSMC, and customized for our systems
  • Most updated and correct DSDT to date
  • Fastest performance ever (as measured using GeekBench 64-bit)
  • Most stable system ever!
  • NO MORE VOODOO ANYTHING!
  • Full battery support (WITHOUT Voodoo!)
  • Full keyboard and TrackPad support (WITHOUT Voodoo!)
  • Temperature and fan speed monitoring!
  • Time will be consistent whether booting into Windows or OS X
  • Fully functioning SpeedStep!
  • Perhaps some of the HP laptop specific keys working.
  • And of course… much, much more! :)

IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext.zip

@mammoth

First of all I'd like to thank you for your supporting me. about the stesps I folloed the most of them including the bios and the bootable cd; but I didn't success. I have a suggestion; while you're working on your new version, can you try it on my laptop ?

I will send you pictures and connect with you by the camera to find a solution and we can apply the book at the same tiem ? what do you say ?

I'm really and truly sorry, I live this OS and I'm looking for some solutions on fourms but without any satisfied results and I didn't find any one who cares of my problem except you.

@mammoth

And if i may ask, how to plan to add support for the dv5? anymore help you need from me?

Here are some of the improvements and changes that are anticipated to be incorporated into the coming release:

Most of what I have gathered for supported machines -should- work for the dv5... but I'm still looking into it. I think a proper DSDT is what is needed primarily, then it looks like I will have separate Installation CDs for each series, DV8, DV7, DV6, DV5... etc, with each only requiring minor differences. That's the hope at least.

@mammoth

First of all I'd like to thank you for your supporting me. about the stesps I folloed the most of them including the bios and the bootable cd; but I didn't success. I have a suggestion; while you're working on your new version, can you try it on my laptop ?

I will send you pictures and connect with you by the camera to find a solution and we can apply the book at the same tiem ? what do you say ?

I'm really and truly sorry, I live this OS and I'm looking for some solutions on fourms but without any satisfied results and I didn't find any one who cares of my problem except you.

Yes, this sounds great Haber. :)

First, I need some time to finish the new Installation CD I'm working on right now. Once I get all the bugs worked out and have the first BETA version working on my DV8, then I can start looking at making it work on other machines such as your DV5.

For now, what you can do is learn how to use the Auto-patcher to create a DSDT for your machine. You need to work with NIXin on this, as he is the master of DSDT! I don't know if you saw his post to you, but he was asking which languages you speak so that maybe he could communicate with, and help, you. If you and he can create a correct DSDT for your machine, then the rest should be easy! :D

@mammoth

Thanks alot. i have a fully working DSDT made using the link i gave you earlier. everything works. i just need a much stable system..mainly no voodoo and all that stuff! ill wait but incase you need me! always there! and yes good idea of making different install disks i.e dv5,dv6 etc..my DSDT is proper. i dont mind BETA testing on my laptop as i have 2 DV5's! i can experiment on one of them! Best of luck! and god bless! Night world!

@haber

pls post your unmodified DSDT and i will get it edited for you since you have language problems. Ill get it edited to all the needs the DV5 uses, then you will have webcam everything working.

@Mammoth

Can you make. Disk. Work. my laptop

I could. To portray you. video of all what was needed

Yes, but please be patient. It takes time away from my work on the CD to respond to all of these messages. When the CD is ready, I will have you test it.

@mammoth

Thanks alot. i have a fully working DSDT made using the link i gave you earlier. everything works. i just need a much stable system..mainly no voodoo and all that stuff! ill wait but incase you need me! always there! and yes good idea of making different install disks i.e dv5,dv6 etc..my DSDT is proper. i dont mind BETA testing on my laptop as i have 2 DV5's! i can experiment on one of them! Best of luck! and god bless! Night world!

@haber

pls post your unmodified DSDT and i will get it edited for you since you have language problems. Ill get it edited to all the needs the DV5 uses, then you will have webcam everything working.

All sounds good KiD KuN,

Please post your DSDT now, so I will have access to it when the CD is ready. Then I'll make a BETA version for you test. :)

Haber speaks French. :D

@Mammoth

Attached is my DSDT with all patches and IRQ's fixed. It also has HPET and all the other required patches. Also has my AUdio codec info inserted but i need voodoohda to get audio working. Haber speaks French! Hopefully there will be some way to help him out!

DSDT.zip

@Mammoth

Attached is my DSDT with all patches and IRQ's fixed. It also has HPET and all the other required patches. Also has my AUdio codec info inserted but i need voodoohda to get audio working. Haber speaks French! Hopefully there will be some way to help him out!

Great, thanks for your DSDT.

@NIXin, if you have time, and want to, if you could check out KiD KuN's DSDT and let us know if it's all good. I want to get a collection of DSDT's for each needed machine so that everyone can get up and running and the DSDT's can be available on the next CD release. Thanks!

Also I forgot to mention that Haber also speaks Arabic.

@Mammoth

Can you make. Disk. Work. my laptop

I could. To portray you. video of all what was needed

@haber: ok, {censored}! :-D Essayons ceci. Je ne suis pas un grand orateur français, mais peut-être que cela aidera. S'il vous plaît envoyer votre DSDT et les détails de votre ordinateur (processeur et mémoire).

Hi, i have a Pavilion Dv7 1262us. I have downloaded iAtkos S3 v2.

He puesto el DVD y he creado 3 particiones.

1.- I put the DVD and I have created 3 partitions with Disk Utility. One for SL, second for W7 and the other for data.

2.- I have installed W7

3.- I have installed iAtkos

When I finish, i have dualboot.

When I start OS X by the normal way, that freeze on a black screen after apple screen.

When I start OS X with -x, works. But I can't do several things.

I can't see the other partitions, I don't have sound, I don't have wifi, and I need install Xcode and iOS SDK for my tesis.

I can update to 10.6.4 and work with xcode using -x??? If I can, the rest of the problems don't matter.

How i can update if i can't see or read the other partitions? (where the update is)

I will wait your v1.2 of guide for dvx.

@haber: ok, {censored}! :-D Essayons ceci. Je ne suis pas un grand orateur français, mais peut-être que cela aidera. S'il vous plaît envoyer votre DSDT et les détails de votre ordinateur (processeur et mémoire).

{censored}! ;) ??????

ok pas problem .

my information. in the signature

How to give DSDT؟

@Mammoth

-v busratio=17

Last line : no DSDT...

Also try this, it may work for you; boot the system with the following boot parameter:

cpus=1

Details: Upon first booting up, just select your OS X installation from the Chameleon boot menu but don't press enter. Instead, just start typing: cpus=1

It will appear bottom left of the screen. Once in OS X, try installing the update again.

So I finally got the 10.6.3 Retail Boot Disk. When I got home I used MBCD to boot to the disk (As [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and your Boot disk were not working) and all installed fine!

I got into OS X 10.6.3 and Started to install Chameleon, when I went to go to the Power Managment Pref Pane, it was gone! along with Networking, bluetooth and desktop/screen saver.

Looking at finder I also noticed that some files were missing: mach_kernel, some extenstions and other files needed by OS X.

So I went to Re-Install from the Retail 10.6.3 and about 10 minutes into the Installation, the progress bar has not moved, I get an install error saying: "The installer could not copy support files needed for the installation"

IDK What is wrong?! Do you think the Retail Disk is simply DOA due to defects from apple?

Or maybe I need a new Boot Disk?!

Any help would be great!

BTW: Merry Christmas!

So I finally got the 10.6.3 Retail Boot Disk. When I got home I used MBCD to boot to the disk (As [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and your Boot disk were not working) and all installed fine!

I got into OS X 10.6.3 and Started to install Chameleon, when I went to go to the Power Managment Pref Pane, it was gone! along with Networking, bluetooth and desktop/screen saver.

Looking at finder I also noticed that some files were missing: mach_kernel, some extenstions and other files needed by OS X.

So I went to Re-Install from the Retail 10.6.3 and about 10 minutes into the Installation, the progress bar has not moved, I get an install error saying: "The installer could not copy support files needed for the installation"

IDK What is wrong?! Do you think the Retail Disk is simply DOA due to defects from apple?

Or maybe I need a new Boot Disk?!

Any help would be great!

BTW: Merry Christmas!

I'm confused about "I used MBCD to boot to the disk (As [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and your Boot disk were not working)". Which is "MBCD" and which is "your boot disc"?

I've never heard of items being missing from System Preferences before. Sounds like just a bad install. I think the chances are very remote that the factory DVD is bad; could be, but I think much less likely.

I would tend to think your DVD drive could have a problem, or you could have faulty memory. Again, which boot disk exactly are you using?

It very well could be that the DSDT on the boot CD is not working well with your i5.

Check back here soon and I will have something for you to try... Ok, here it is:

This is a version of the Mammoth DVxt Boot CD v1.15, the ONLY difference is that the DSDT.aml file (that is more specifically for the DV8), has been disabled (by renaming it to noDSDT.aml). This MAY allow those with other machines (such as DV5s) to be able to use it to boot and install. I am releasing this as a TEST ONLY. Let me know if it does indeed allow machines that couldn't boot / install before to be able to now.

MammothDVxtBootCDv1.15noDSDT.zip