released Update to 10.6.4

188 posts in this topic

can some one give me the com.apple.Boot.plist - to edit in like legacy_kernel to put in windows becouse nothing helps . i install macdrive 8 end trou him i will replace the .plst

Thnx

Update

I edit the com.apple.Boot.plist vith notepad in windows and runing the macdrive8 i cod go in the mac jupiiiiiiijeeeee

and now runing mac 10.4.0 karnel :)

and normal boot :P

THANX TO ALL !!! for helping a NOOB ( ME )

post-612573-1276909095_thumb.png

:) everything works after updating from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4.. but before that.

1. i remove the new mach_kernel and re-install the legacy_kernel 10.3.0

2. edit the com.boot.apple.plist from Volume/Extra as shown on photo it's legacy kernel.

3. edit the com.boot.apple.plist from Volume/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration as shown on photo it's mach_kernel.

4. remove VoodooHDA.kext . AppleHPET.kext . Disabler.kext . AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext . AppleUpstream.kext.

5. REBOOT

6.won't go through if -v , or -f , or arch=1386 . but

7.it went all the way using arch=x86_32

AMD 780gm-a 1.0 AMD RETAIL INSTALLATION 10.6.3 UPDATED TO 10.6.4

CPU- 6000+ 3.1 X2 processor

4GB DDR2 1066 MHZ RAM

post-340293-1276907997_thumb.jpg

Acer 5570z (GMA950, Atheros, etc): Updated and got the SleepEnabler kernel panic.

1: Used -v pmVersion=20, that worked but couldn't get into the gui

2: So i booted with -s and copied back all AppleIntelGMA950* kexts, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and IO80211Family.kext from 10.6.3 and updated to 10.6.4 SleepEnabler from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466

3: Repaired permissions, recreated kextcache with: "kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions && kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions" (without quotes)

4: Rebooted and everything worked perfectly just like before! :P

5: Thanks a million! :P

My notebook battery is more longer life after update to 10.6.4 :D....and of course nvidia graphics performance is drop, but only in battery mode.

And when run in power adapter, everything is running smoothly, including graphics performance :D.

I have a 9600GT Graphics Card and my Macmodel is set to Macmini 3,1 (has a Nvidia 9400M). Anyone knows if this will work without LegacyAGPM.kext?

Or would it be better to set another Macmodel? iMac8,1?

Macmini 3,1 will load AGPM iMac8,1 wont.

You can see model id's listed in AGPM info.plist

Should also add - I don't have the 9600 dev id to hand - BUT if you are lucky and your GPU dev id is listed in AGPM info.plist under whatever model id you chose to use then yes you shouldn't need Legacy AGPM.

I.e my GTX260 (05e2) is listed under MacPro4,1

<key>MacPro4,1</key>
           <dict>
               <key>Vendor10deDevice05e2</key>
               <dict>
                   <key>Heuristic</key>
                   <dict>
                       <key>ID</key>
                       <integer>0</integer>
                       <key>IdleInterval</key>
                       <integer>250</integer>
                       <key>SensorOption</key>
                       <integer>1</integer>
                       <key>SensorSampleRate</key>
                       <integer>4</integer>
                       <key>TargetCount</key>
                       <integer>5</integer>
                       <key>Threshold_High</key>
                       <array>
                           <integer>87</integer>
                           <integer>87</integer>
                           <integer>87</integer>
                           <integer>100</integer>
                       </array>
                       <key>Threshold_Low</key>
                       <array>
                           <integer>0</integer>
                           <integer>87</integer>
                           <integer>87</integer>
                           <integer>87</integer>
                       </array>
                   </dict>
                   <key>LogControl</key>
                   <integer>0</integer>

Only I don't wont to use MacPro4,1 mod id!

D

I have a 9600GT Graphics Card and my Macmodel is set to Macmini 3,1 (has a Nvidia 9400M). Anyone knows if this will work without LegacyAGPM.kext?

Or would it be better to set another Macmodel? iMac8,1?

My 9600M GT doesn't need that one. everything loaded and IORegEx looks good.

Hmm... don't know what go wrong with my system. If I leave the Chameleon boot by itself (wait to time out), I'll get the Panic Kernel. But if I switch between partitions in Chameleon boot screen, and then just select the Mac OS partition then hit enter -> everything work just fine. Anyone can help me out?

I'm getting intermittent KP's on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R, Q8300, 4gb ddr2 800 after 10.6.4 update via software update.

I'm using the latest SleepEnabler.kext.

The KP's aren't specific to anyone application or service .. I've gotten KP'd on Google Chrome, Dock, WindowsServer among others. I can't seem to stay running for more than 30 minutes.

Should I reinstall the 10.6.3 v1.1 combo update to revert back or use the 10.6 DVD to restore and then try 10.6.4 combo update?

PS. This occurs on both 32 and 64 bit mode.

Hmm... don't know what go wrong with my system. If I leave the Chameleon boot by itself (wait to time out), I'll get the Panic Kernel. But if I switch between partitions in Chameleon boot screen, and then just select the Mac OS partition then hit enter -> everything work just fine. Anyone can help me out?

It sounds like OS can't find root directory. Try to boot with -v command and read to see what cause it to fail.

@ formerlyknownas

Thanks. The AGPM kext is loaded on my system, but i can't find the AGPM kext on my System :( Even "find /System/Library/Extensions/* -name *AGPM*" doesn't find the kext. I'd like to have a look at the plist you mentioned. Where can i find the AGPM kext?

EDIT: Got it, it's "AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext"

My Graphics Card isn't listed but with my macmini3,1 profile the AGPM kext is loaded. I never experienced any problems with Graphics Performance. Will i get performance problems when i update to 10.6.4?

My Graphics Card isn't listed but with my macmini3,1 profile the AGPM kext is loaded. I never experienced any problems with Graphics Performance. Will i get performance problems when i update to 10.6.4?

if its already loaded with 10.6.3 and you haven't noticed any problems then I doubt you'll see any change with 10.6.4

However it would be kinder to your GPU to have the correct PM values. Is your GPU dev id listed in the AGPM info.plist?

D

Update from 10.6.4 combo update , after restart it detected the built in audio , but no sound , replaced the voodooHDA from 10.6.3, sound is back , but still only 2 channel audio on ALC888 3audio jack panel .... any solution for getting 4.1 audio configuration ???