released Update to 10.6.4

188 posts in this topic

Graphics is super choppy under 10.6.4 even though video card is properly detected. smbios.plist issue? I have it as a MacBookPro5,1. Any ideas?

Yes I do. Hows about you read what's already been posted in the thread?

Go on knock yourself out - it's a whapping 7 pages so far.

D

open terminal and type

uname -a

If the end of the output is i386, its 32-bit. if its x86_64, its 64-bit.

Thanks,

I guess I have a 32bit Snow Leopard.

I got this:

iMac.local 10.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:28:53 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Is there a way to get 64 bits?

Am I using my entire 8gb of RAM?

I got 10.6.4 working now.

My System:

Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2

E8400

8800GT

8Gb RAM

After the update, Cinebench score went down to 7.79 with 9800gt

seemed like a problem with GraphicsEnabler of the bootloader (I think it's AsereBLN Booter 1.1.9)

after removing GraphicsEnabler from com.apple.boot.plist and injecting via dsdt instead the score is 29.35

which is what I used to get in the past.

This is due to custom kernel that you chose when you initially installed your snow, now if you think you can run native kernel then you have to modify the string of your "com.apple Boot.plist" to match kernel, however by changing this your system may have a KP, if that happen you need to know how to change it back to custom kernel again, otherwise your system will be mobilized and will not be able to start up .

how to change that ??

new in mac and if i can not boot what to do ????

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>legacy_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

Vhere to put the code to match kernel ???

replace

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>legacy_kernel</string>

with

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

if you can't boot you can always boot from cd/usb that is working or just type kernel=legacy_kernel in chameleon boot screen

File sharing just stopped working for me.. Config in my sig.. Help would be appreciated :unsure:

Excellent, so it's not just me. I updated my hackintosh and also my MacBook Pro and filesharing broke on BOTH systems...

Very annoyed at this, it was supposed to fix issues with filesharing but instead broke it completely for me. Anyone else having this problem?

It broke my network aliases and also refuses login (gives incorrect username/password error). Even with guest account (read only) it won't let me open shared files. Tried enabling and disabling numerous times as well as restarting but no dice. I got frustrated last night and nearly threw the damn laptop against the wall but thought I'd give it a fresh start today but haven't even bothered yet.

EDIT:

Well turns out AFP wasn't even turned on. Working fine now, must've been turned off during the update.

Hi Please HELP How to change again the kernel 10.3.0 because i have changed com.apple Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist - i have made changes to it vith matc_kernel and now it can not boot long weithing vith beckround of mac logo . not starting the system at all ..

Pls Help pls i dont want to format it again .

Hi Please HELP How to change again the kernel 10.3.0 because i have changed com.apple Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist - i have made changes to it vith matc_kernel 10.4.0 and now it can not boot long weithing vith beckround of mac logo . not starting the system at all ..

Pls Help pls i dont want to format it again .how ?? anyone?

Hi Please HELP How to change again the kernel 10.3.0 because i have changed com.apple Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist - i have made changes to it vith matc_kernel 10.4.0 and now it can not boot long weithing vith beckround of mac logo . not starting the system at all ..

Pls Help pls i dont want to format it again .how ?? anyone?

you can try this : when you booting up your system and when it show Apple logo, click on F8 or ENTER on your keyboard then Type " mach_legacy_kernel " then hit ENTER, no quotation mark, see if that works, if it start up, then you can change it back to what it worked before.

i try to update my retail install 10.6.3 on amd system. it booter but only the apple logo appears after typing -v / arch=i386 i even remove sleepenabler.kext to avoid KP .and also the appleintelCPUpowermanagement.kext

i have no idea whats the next move..any idea about this

here is my com.apple.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>pmVersion=20</string>

</dict>

</plist>

thanks for your time

Updated from 10.6.3 on my Chameleon 2.0 rc4 i built earlier this year.

hardware

Mobo: DX58SO

Proc: Intel Xeon CPU W3580 @ 3.33GHz (essentially the same as i7 975)

Mem: 2GB x 3

64 bit install

did the software update then the pfix script. i have sleepenable removed.

rebooted without a kernel panic but although the System Profiler shows

Proc Speed: 3.33GHz

# Processors: 1

Total # Cores: 4

The Acvtivity Monitor however only seems to have only one core under CPU. I seem to recall that prior to this it would show load on each core. It does seem to be running slower in this state.

Any recommendation? thanks

i will tray ven i go home i am on work now ... Thx i hope it works :)

if this not help I will make format :P:(

It looks like you have it all wrong thats why it didn't boot. It suppose to be " mach_kernel" and not " matc_kernel 10.4.0"

all tickerty boo here ! :unsure:

replaced appleHDA, still have to replug usb after sleep but power button works without need to replug, so ..

D

Actually getting spinning wheel of death on wake from sleep by either power button or USB.

hmmm ..