fermi/gtx 480/gtx 470

cmf

1,729 posts in this topic

Im currently running a gigabyte ex58-UD5 mobo w/ intel i7 920 and the PNY GTX 470. Im on 10.6.4 and i ran aqua's installer for the hell of it. Still boots up fine, but no changes lol. Ive read about needing graphic strings so would that be the only thing i need to add in order for it to use the kexts that were installed? Thanks

got my gtx480 working a while back but just decided to check the opengl test and they're all around the 400 mark (apart from the last one which is 290), am I missing something as others seem to be 1000-2000??

Installed aquamacs package but that made no difference either

Yep, i got sli gtx 470's working. with monitors on both cards. Using aqua-macs gtx 480 installer with gfx strings.

what kind of performance are you getting? My fps is horrible on opengl extensions viewer. Do you have opencl support?

Thanks!

Yep, i got sli gtx 470's working. with monitors on both cards. Using aqua-macs gtx 480 installer with gfx strings.

The next sensible thing to ask is: is it working as it should performance- and feature-wise? I too am really interested in dropping my old GTX 285 in favor of the new Fermi cards, but I'm still not sold that anyone has gotten this (470) or the 480 to work properly. Am I wrong in that assumption? I mean, dropping a GTX 285 in a hack is just like getting an EVGA GTX 285 Mac edition for a Mac Pro - and I don't think it's all the same (currently)?

I'd love to get more CUDA cores on my hack and MP, and the PC parts can't be beat on the price.

Hi, I have tried another guide. One for installing OSX on asus p6x58d- e. The one made by Kup. Now i have tried it a couple of time with no success. It was suggested that it was something to do with my gfx card(zotax nvidia gtx 480). has anyone been successful with both the motherboard and the gfx?

At last! Success getting a GTX 470 to work with Snow Leopard (and to be honest, I don't even remember the steps I used to make it work), but I've got two very bothersome issues:

-Rotation doesn't work.

-Only two outputs work.

I need to use three monitors in portrait mode with of this card, but I've had no luck so far.

Has anyone managed either of these feats?