[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has been asked before; I did a search but found nothing. I've successfully installed using the method from the first post but cannot boot from the hard disk for the first time. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=n and -x as boot options, but the process hangs after the 'got boot device' and 'BSD root' lines, displaying 'devf' on its own line and doing nothing afterwards.

I have my optical drive plugged in to the SATA port labelled SATA5 and the drive where Mac OS is installed in SATA1.

Any ideas?

Please ignore above - the problem was that it was using the optical drive as root. Solved by specifying root device on Chameleon prompt.

Has anyone gotten the Marvell IDE port on their ASUS P6T to work? As in "supporting an IDE device connected to the port"? I've seen that this kext enables E-SATA, but what about a PATA optical drive connected directly to the IDE porrt?

I have the AppleVIAATA.kext, but it doesn't seem to help in this case: System Profiler shows nothing on the ATA Device Tree (other than "ATA Bus"), and disks inserted into the drive do not mount.

Guys,

Just to let you know, have tested few mouse lately, tried Logitech and Microsoft gears. I found logitech wireless mouse to be the best. Cursor and movements are not delayed when working in cad, the software from logitech page for mac also works well on our p6t mobo.

One question: Since Fabio is working on a new installer - Is there a way of having the boot file hidden? I understand it is just cosmetic and not that important, but I would just like to know.

Thanks

inovice

Hi everyone, just want to start off by saying thanks to the Original poster(s) for the tutorial(s). Everything worked perfect. I have had a working retail install of 10.6 for a couple months now up until about a week or two ago. I have 1 drive for my SL OS and 1 my Win7 OS. I recently had to reinstall windows and update all my drivers for my hardware. When I plugged back in my 10.6 drive and tried booting using chameleon, chameleon showed up, I got the white apple screen with the loading symbol, then the screen goes black and nothing. Computer doesn't restart, monitor doesn't go into standby, nothing. Screen just goes black. Any solution so I don't have to re-install?

thanks in advance

Hi everyone, just want to start off by saying thanks to the Original poster(s) for the tutorial(s). Everything worked perfect. I have had a working retail install of 10.6 for a couple months now up until about a week or two ago. I have 1 drive for my SL OS and 1 my Win7 OS. I recently had to reinstall windows and update all my drivers for my hardware. When I plugged back in my 10.6 drive and tried booting using chameleon, chameleon showed up, I got the white apple screen with the loading symbol, then the screen goes black and nothing. Computer doesn't restart, monitor doesn't go into standby, nothing. Screen just goes black. Any solution so I don't have to re-install?

thanks in advance

nevermind everyone, I managed to boot in safe mode (-x) then do a software update and all is good!! :)

OK, weird problem: my P6T V2 Deluxe no longer lists my USB key as a valid boot device-- it doesn't show up in the F8 boot selector.

When mounted, it appears OK, and I can boot from it on my PC (based on a Rampage III Extreme) with no problem, so I know the USB key is set up correctly.

I'd like to get this working again so I'll have a fallback if my Hackintosh main drive ever croaks. It worked perfectly before. Is there perhaps some BIOS setting I'm overlooking?

Hi,

I ask for help..

Trying to install SL - cannot.. even to boot... I tried -x and GraphicsEnabler=n - the same...

DVD SL 10.6.3 Retail

Stops and shows:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10845 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

My Comp is

P6T Deluxe (v 2-10), i7-920, ATI HD 4870 1GB, HDD Hitachi 1TB 7200 rpm, Corsair DDR3 2x2 GB

Thank you in advance..

OK, weird problem: my P6T V2 Deluxe no longer lists my USB key as a valid boot device-- it doesn't show up in the F8 boot selector.

When mounted, it appears OK, and I can boot from it on my PC (based on a Rampage III Extreme) with no problem, so I know the USB key is set up correctly.

May need trial and error to sort this one out, however if you have set USB as first boot device in bios & then later

booted without the USB in a slot the bios (mine anyway) resets to H/D as first boot device. I have an idea when

this happened my USB Installer was not recognised. It is best set & left as Disk Drive 1st boot then H/D 2nd..

Is or have you tried this install on your Rampage III Extreme ?? Does it work if so could you please post here

what did or did not work. :D

Thanks.

Trying to install SL - cannot.. even to boot... I tried -x and GraphicsEnabler=n - the same...

DVD SL 10.6.3 Retail

Stops and shows:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10845 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Not sure what stage you're up to here, but I would double check your bios settings are as per dgobe's 1st post.

That said I would expect possibly more difficulties later with 4870 (unless it's a Mac Version), do some research

on what is needed to get these cards working..

May need trial and error to sort this one out, however if you have set USB as first boot device in bios & then later

booted without the USB in a slot the bios (mine anyway) resets to H/D as first boot device. I have an idea when

this happened my USB Installer was not recognised. It is best set & left as Disk Drive 1st boot then H/D 2nd..

Is or have you tried this install on your Rampage III Extreme ?? Does it work if so could you please post here

what did or did not work. :)

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, Bob. Previously, the Crucial USB would show up as a boot device in the F8 menu, specially labelled "Crucial Gizmo!" ('cause that's the kind of USB stick it is). Now, it doesn't show up at all, and even the boot device selector only has a generic "Removable device" entry which it has whether the USB key is plugged in or not.

I know the USB port works because the USB key mounts on my desktop after OS X has finished booting.

The Rampage III Extreme shows the USB key in its F8 popup boot selector, but I haven't tried actually installing on that motherboard.

hi,

sorr for my english :thumbsup_anim:

i'm ready to start to try to install snow leopard on my machine

with a Gigabyte HD 5870 using this guide.

I have snow leopard disc retail.

this guide is vaid for my graphic card or i have to check another one?

just a little help or input i'll be really appreciated!

thanks and hope in your help

bye :thumbsup_anim:

Hi, This guide will support all of your hardware except your 5xxx series card. ATI 5xxx series card's

will require you to modify (personalise) this install. There are several methods being TRAILED for 5xxx cards

with varying success. You will have to spend some time researching thoroughly these threads & decide which

method/s you wish to try for your card (I have posted links to some earlier) :thumbsup_anim:

Hi, This guide will support all of your hardware except your 5xxx series card. ATI 5xxx series card's

will require you to modify (personalise) this install. There are several methods being TRAILED for 5xxx cards

with varying success. You will have to spend some time researching thoroughly these threads & decide which

method/s you wish to try for your card (I have posted links to some earlier) :(

ok thx i'll check back for your links!

thx

Thanks for the reply, Bob. Previously, the Crucial USB would show up as a boot device in the F8 menu, specially labelled "Crucial Gizmo!" ('cause that's the kind of USB stick it is). Now, it doesn't show up at all, and even the boot device selector only has a generic "Removable device" entry which it has whether the USB key is plugged in or not.

I know the USB port works because the USB key mounts on my desktop after OS X has finished booting.

The Rampage III Extreme shows the USB key in its F8 popup boot selector, but I haven't tried actually installing on that motherboard.

I finally figured this one out. I had a USB Bluetooth adapter plugged in so I could use my Magic Trackpad. If the Bluetooth adapter is plugged in, you apparently can't select another USB device as the boot device. Solution: remove the Bluetooth adapter if you want to boot from USB.

Apologies if this has been asked before; I did a search but found nothing. I've successfully installed using the method from the first post but cannot boot from the hard disk for the first time. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=n and -x as boot options, but the process hangs after the 'got boot device' and 'BSD root' lines, displaying 'devf' on its own line and doing nothing afterwards.

I have my optical drive plugged in to the SATA port labelled SATA5 and the drive where Mac OS is installed in SATA1.

Any ideas?

Please ignore above - the problem was that it was using the optical drive as root. Solved by specifying root device on Chameleon prompt.

I had a same problem. I got around by put main hard drive (Mac OS) in SATA1 and DVD-RW on SATA2. Hope this will help.

I´ve got a P6T-SE mobo but still I thought I could get some help here. The case is I just don´t get it why it´s not possible to have two of the same videocards (7300gs 512 mb pcie) with this mobo but I can on my old GA EP45-DS3.

What´s more is any other method I´ve tried over the years never seems to make my cards perform better than with the NVinject.kext I´m using. I use it on this mobo too with graphicsenabler=no ands so far it works best.

And yes I´ve tried various chameleon too with no luck.

So what´s the deal what´s so special and different with these newer mobos or is it just an Asus thing you can´t have more than one videocard?

Thanks

I´ve got a P6T-SE mobo but still I thought I could get some help here. The case is I just don´t get it why it´s not possible to have two of the same videocards (7300gs 512 mb pcie) with this mobo but I can on my old GA EP45-DS3.

So what´s the deal what´s so special and different with these newer mobos or is it just an Asus thing you can´t have more than one videocard?

You should be able to run duel GFx card's although -SE version probably was not best choice from Asus range..

Look over this thread there's info in about duel GFx card's working a while back (somewhere :) ). Don't think it

was 7300's, however I'm sure having the correct DSDT was important.

You should be able to run duel GFx card's although -SE version probably was not best choice from Asus range..

Look over this thread there's info in about duel GFx card's working a while back (somewhere :) ). Don't think it

was 7300's, however I'm sure having the correct DSDT was important.

Thanks for the reply, so what your saying is it´s an Asus issue? You remember if it was two of the same GFx cards or two different cards? I´m using the DSDT ifabio made for the P6T-SE. I use these cards simply cause they work good and I already have them so there´s nothing wrong with them. Theyre silent too which is good if your into making music and top of that theyre not so powerfull which means smaller heatsinks and less heat builds up inside your comp. Tried a Zoltac card which worked right out of the box and just one card alone made my cpu temps rise 10 celcius cause the sink was so big and it sits so close to the cpu. What´s more is I could hardly see no performance boost at all.

I think it would be ever so strange if I have to make any changes in DSDT, system etc etc to make it work since it works just so good with GA EP45-DS3 and other mobos just as it is with my NVinject. So what I mean there´s got to be something else causing this and I´m starting to think maby it actually is the fact we these days use DSDTs, less kexts and chameleon are more advanced more developed than just a couple of years back.

I´ll check that reply out if I find it :D man this is a loooong thread.

Here´s a tips for you guys if you wan´t more than two displays and have the same probs as me. It´s an USB DVI converter which actually works pretty ok, not for HD DVDs fullscreen but you can easy watch a youtube video and do your normal stuff. I could play back a "HD" youtube clip and have the mixer from Logic (logic running ofcourse) on that display at the same time with no lagg.

http://www.deltaco.eu/Details.aspx?PID=USB-DVI1&lang=eng

There´s even drivers for SL for it if you look close.