[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

I asked this question previously, but no reply so far. If I hide it, i cannot boot back into Snow. Is there a way of having the boot file hidden and boot successfully?

Also there might be an announcement of the next big cat on the 20th of October......I can`t wait.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20019471-501465.html

Hi all..im having some problems..When i boot there is no way to start installing MAC...

Mi computer Specs are:

Proces: Intel Core i7 920

Mother: ASUS p6t Deluxe v2

RAM: 6GB DDR3 1866 Kingstone

Graphic: HIS ATI HD 5850...

Dont know what to do..or how to try..

If somebody could guide me trought the right way would be awesome.. Thanks guys

@flipim

This guide works well with your motherboard. However ,for your ATI card, you need to search on the video card section, and combine it with what is available from this thread. Hope this helps!

Suggest you get in contact with someone who has same card and ask for more information.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply, so what your saying is it´s an Asus issue? You remember if it was two of the same GFx cards or two different cards? I´m using the DSDT ifabio made for the P6T-SE. I use these cards simply cause they work good and I already have them so there´s nothing wrong with them. Theyre silent too which is good if your into making music and top of that theyre not so powerfull which means smaller heatsinks and less heat builds up inside your comp. Tried a Zoltac card which worked right out of the box and just one card alone made my cpu temps rise 10 celcius cause the sink was so big and it sits so close to the cpu. What´s more is I could hardly see no performance boost at all.

Not sure I'd go so far as to say it's an Asus "issue". The Gigabyte board's certainly have many more people working on

the development for OSX support and seeing as trial & error = hrs this is most helpful in finding solutions. As Asus

owners we are in the minority & as a -SE owner you are even more in minority.

Ok GFx card's were same nVidia GTS-250's see link below, however it unfortunately (for you) was not an -SE Mobo.

I would have to say you may need iFabio's help with this, he however has been putting more hrs lately into this and

his RC-5 installer thread than any sane person should be doing so be patient if you do ask.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8724&st=989

NOTE: anyone with scripting knowledge & some time to help iFabio with RC-5 installer please see link below.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1075&st=262

In the mean time I would find a good DSDT editing programme download iFabio's DSDT 2.5 for -V1 / -V2 for your

processor & compare. Find the difference, from there download the DSDT that was reported working & try swapping

out the V1 / V2 with the -SE differences found earlier then apply any other solutions required. It will be more time

intensive than difficult & you never Know ya might even enjoy doing it. :thumbsup_anim: (Make sure you have backup first)

Please I make no guaranties & know very little about proper DSDT editing but I have looked over DSDT's with an

editing prog. & I was surprised by the simplicity to which these enable you see and make changes. If this

works (or not) perhaps you could upload it for iFabio or someone with good DSDT knowledge to look over and

polish off if needed.. :D

Hi all..im having some problems..When i boot there is no way to start installing MAC...

Mi computer Specs are:

Proces: Intel Core i7 920

Mother: ASUS p6t Deluxe v2

RAM: 6GB DDR3 1866 Kingstone

Graphic: HIS ATI HD 5850...

Dont know what to do..or how to try..

If somebody could guide me trought the right way would be awesome.. Thanks guys

@flipim

This guide works well with your motherboard. However ,for your ATI card, you need to search on the video card section, and combine it with what is available from this thread. Hope this helps!

Suggest you get in contact with someone who has same card and ask for more information.

Thanks,

for your graphics card try the boot file i i use by kabyl...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

Not sure I'd go so far as to say it's an Asus "issue". The Gigabyte board's certainly have many more people working on

the development for OSX support and seeing as trial & error = hrs this is most helpful in finding solutions. As Asus

owners we are in the minority & as a -SE owner you are even more in minority.

Ok GFx card's were same nVidia GTS-250's see link below, however it unfortunately (for you) was not an -SE Mobo.

I would have to say you may need iFabio's help with this, he however has been putting more hrs lately into this and

his RC-5 installer thread than any sane person should be doing so be patient if you do ask.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8724&st=989

NOTE: anyone with scripting knowledge & some time to help iFabio with RC-5 installer please see link below.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1075&st=262

In the mean time I would find a good DSDT editing programme download iFabio's DSDT 2.5 for -V1 / -V2 for your

processor & compare. Find the difference, from there download the DSDT that was reported working & try swapping

out the V1 / V2 with the -SE differences found earlier then apply any other solutions required. It will be more time

intensive than difficult & you never Know ya might even enjoy doing it. :( (Make sure you have backup first)

Please I make no guaranties & know very little about proper DSDT editing but I have looked over DSDT's with an

editing prog. & I was surprised by the simplicity to which these enable you see and make changes. If this

works (or not) perhaps you could upload it for iFabio or someone with good DSDT knowledge to look over and

polish off if needed.. -_-

Thanks for your reply I´ll take a look at it see what I find out. The USB DVI thingy works pretty ok so I might just stay with that though. For the P6T-SE mobo I only can say good things, it´s the easiest and fastest install I´ve ever done once I found out how to do it. I´ve shared how to over in the P6T-SE thread but not many seems to wanna do it the easy way :D they keep struggeling with flashdrives and stuff which is not the fastest way with this mobo if you ask me. I use it on a daily basis broadcasting HQ video and sound on my justin.tv channel, sometimes I even record live on air.

Gotta love this guide!

Between this and having to do some configurations with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for my XFX 5770 I have a fully functioning 10.6.4 build with working everything!

Awesome job guys much kudos!

System Specs:

Asus P6T Deluxe v2

Intel i7 920

6gb of Corsair XMS 3

4gb of OCZ Gold

Intel x25m 80gb SSD

XFX ATI 5770 1gb

2x WD 2tb (EARS)

2x WD 1.5tb (EARS)

Using dual displays at both 1080p

Asus bluetooth adapter with Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad.

hi, one question

here are my hardisks:

- 1 hardisk with snow leopard (ahci)

- 2 hardisks raid 0 (windows7)

- 2 hardisks raid 1 (data)

Problem on startup, have 2 messages:

"the disk you inserted was not readable by the computer"

i try this but dont work:

DiskUtility

GetInfo on hardisk with ntfs

got the name/label and uuid of hardisks

terminal:

sudo nano /etc/fstab

added for each hardisk with ntfs:

LABEL=name none ntfs ro,noauto,noowner

or

UUID=XXX-XXXX-XXX-XXX-XXX none ntfs ro,noauto,noowner

CTRL+O

then

ENTER (to save it)

CTRL+X (to exit)

if i open diskutility i still see all 4 ntfs hardisks, but say now, if i select one

that i can activate it. Before it autoactivate them.

But i still got these 2 messages!! :(

About the 2 hardisks raid 1 i can get name and uuid,

About the 2 hardisks raid o i cant get name and uuid...

what else i can try? :ninja:

hope someone can give me a hand!!

thx :)

hi, one question

here are my hardisks:

- 1 hardisk with snow leopard (ahci)

- 2 hardisks raid 0 (windows7)

- 2 hardisks raid 1 (data)

Problem on startup, have 2 messages:

"the disk you inserted was not readable by the computer"

i try this but dont work:

if i open diskutility i still see all 4 ntfs hardisks, but say now, if i select one

that i can activate it. Before it autoactivate them.

But i still got these 2 messages!! :(

About the 2 hardisks raid 1 i can get name and uuid,

About the 2 hardisks raid o i cant get name and uuid...

what else i can try? :(

hope someone can give me a hand!!

thx ;)

For what I know OSX don't manage non Apple Hardware RAID.

maybe is for that reason you get those error on startup...

Fabio

For what I know OSX don't manage non Apple Hardware RAID.

maybe is for that reason you get those error on startup...

Fabio

someone in your guide say that he get rid of these messages...

And....when i boot with snow leopard, controller on my mobo is set to AHCI not on Raid!!

So "i think" the hardisks are seen as normal and not raid!

Attached are some screenshots!

Someone can PLZ help me? :(

post-347337-1287760677_thumb.png

post-347337-1287760687_thumb.png

post-347337-1287764852_thumb.png

I had this 'not readable' message come up the other day when I started my computer with a friends NTFS formatted

ext H/D connected. I unwisely assumed this message was referring to his ext H/D. I selected Partitioned & format

as he requirested then realised it was my Win7 disk (Dam :( )

I have not re-installed Win7 yet but my preposed solution to this is in the form or couple of free Mac programmes 'MacFUSE'

& 'NTFS-3G'. These allow OSX to recognise read/write & even format to NTFS with Disk Utility. (Google them)

In theory (could be famous last words) all NTFS partitions will then be 'readable'.. :)

Thanks for this guide.

Before I start I have a couple of questions:

My DVD drive is IDE - What do I need to do that's different? (I do have a 16GB USB stick I bought today along with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 for this project, but my rig is a PC not MAC (as required in the second post)).

I intend eventually to have a Tri-boot system with Windows 7 and Ubuntu. I have 3 SATA HDD's.

One is 34 Gigs, one is 69 Gigs and one is 500 Gigs. Any recommendation as to which drives you would use for what and which OS you would install first and second (and why?)?

Any other reminders as to what needs to be installed where and why would be nice too.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

I had this 'not readable' message come up the other day when I started my computer with a friends NTFS formatted

ext H/D connected. I unwisely assumed this message was referring to his ext H/D. I selected Partitioned & format

as he requirested then realised it was my Win7 disk (Dam ;) )

I have not re-installed Win7 yet but my preposed solution to this is in the form or couple of free Mac programmes 'MacFUSE'

& 'NTFS-3G'. These allow OSX to recognise read/write & even format to NTFS with Disk Utility. (Google them)

In theory (could be famous last words) all NTFS partitions will then be 'readable'.. :o

thx for the answer!

Dunno if these messages are related to the 2 hardisk in raid 0,

cause as you can see in the screenshots, i cant get/have the UUID of them,

while i can get the UUID of the other 2 hardisks in raid 0, and i just put (i hope),

the correct commands in the fstb file.

maybe the problem is the raid 0?

anyway i dont wanna have them to recognise read/write, i just wanna get rid of

the 2 messages i always get when i log in!

Someone suggest me to go to settings/chameleon but i dont have this option

under settings!! (maybe because i replace the file "boot" to make the hd 5870 work?)

damn disks and damn messages :(:P

@blackwalker

I think as iFabio said previously. However you can only try the programmes I mention to see if it stop's the error

message. There's no guarantees with just a few mb's of download & couple min's to install it May fix it. :unsure:

Chameleon setting's options is in System Preferences if you have RC5 (iFabio post this a few pages back). The boot

you're using is a 'Test' boot file that is based either on older or stripped down version than current. Not sure

exactly what is different..

@InsaneGrant

Hi, lot's of Q's I'll try keep it brief. Forget IDE drive, need SATA.. You only need the USB if you go the USB install route

for which you will need access to either a Mac or PC already running OSX, It would be much easier to borrow a natively

supported GFx card & burn ISO boot as in Post#1, otherwise to get get your 5870 working strait up you will have to add the

latest OSX graphics update plus other requirement's to your 10.6.3 installed onto your USB (This is NOT post #2 method)

It is recommended to install OSX first with chameleon, many reasons why but of main concern to someone new to this

is to have OSX up & running without adding further complications (if you won't technical reasons please search, one could

spend a week going into this). To simplify have only H/D you are installing OS on connected at one time & which size

depends on what you intend to put on each OS. You could easy swallow the smaller drive with any of these + extras.

Please spend some time reading & researching, most is answered here already including links to relevant to your

5870 GFx card.

Thanks iBdb.

I've just come back from the store with a SATA DVD drive - so I'm pleased that simplifies things a little. So are you saying I still have complications now I'm not going the USB route, with my 5870?

I did use this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1567447

manual checker and all of my parts were listed with Snow Leopard including the 5870. I assume that manual check program is working properly. (considering the post immediately after mine in that thread.)

Again thanks.

Hi,

thanks for the great guide! I have a problem tough. I followed every step, managed to install Snow 10.6.3, post-installation etc... but when I reboot without the boot 123, I get a kernel panic on a black screen. I know I had this working on my build a few months ago, but I had to go back to 10.5.8 because of a compatibility problem with Pro Tools Le 7.4. The only thing i've changed since, is that I added a second nvidia 9800 GTX+ in SLI. It's working on 10.5.8, not in SLI tough. Could this be the problem?

Asus P6t Deluxe V2

9800 GTX+ superclocked

9800 GTX+

Core i7 920

Hi,

thanks for the great guide! I have a problem tough. I followed every step, managed to install Snow 10.6.3, post-installation etc... but when I reboot without the boot 123, I get a kernel panic on a black screen. I know I had this working on my build a few months ago, but I had to go back to 10.5.8 because of a compatibility problem with Pro Tools Le 7.4. The only thing i've changed since, is that I added a second nvidia 9800 GTX+ in SLI. It's working on 10.5.8, not in SLI tough. Could this be the problem?

Did you do step 8 from post #1 also are you using fully optimised DSDT M2.5 from post #4

Did you do step 8 from post #1 also are you using fully optimised DSDT M2.5 from post #4

Yes, I did step 8 and I've just tried the DSDT M2.5... same problem. I get the gray screen with the apple logo, and when the desktop is supposed to appear, i get a black screen, and a kernel panic a few seconds later.

Also, I forgot to mention it, but I had to use the graphicsenabler=n to install Snow retail. After the post-installation routine I assumed that I didn't needed it. But it doesn't change anyhting if I uses it when booting with chameleon.

But i'm a 100 percent sure that I had this working a few months ago, without any fuss, just using the plain P6T Deluxe Installer v1.15 pkg. I'm also pretty sure that I didn't use the graphicsenabler=n command line. Maybe I'm being stubborn, but I think it comes from the graphic cards in SLI. My computer is enclosed for sound insulation purposes and I don't have the time to get it out and try with only one card. Plus, I'll have to figure it out one day or another. I won't just throw away my second video card.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but is there a simple and clear place where could I find a kext for my nvidia 9800 GTX+ sc.

Yes, I did step 8 and I've just tried the DSDT M2.5... same problem. I get the gray screen with the apple logo, and when the desktop is supposed to appear, i get a black screen, and a kernel panic a few seconds later.

Also, I forgot to mention it, but I had to use the graphicsenabler=n to install Snow retail. After the post-installation routine I assumed that I didn't needed it. But it doesn't change anyhting if I uses it when booting with chameleon.

But i'm a 100 percent sure that I had this working a few months ago, without any fuss, just using the plain P6T Deluxe Installer v1.15 pkg. I'm also pretty sure that I didn't use the graphicsenabler=n command line. Maybe I'm being stubborn, but I think it comes from the graphic cards in SLI. My computer is enclosed for sound insulation purposes and I don't have the time to get it out and try with only one card. Plus, I'll have to figure it out one day or another. I won't just throw away my second video card.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but is there a simple and clear place where could I find a kext for my nvidia 9800 GTX+ sc.

So, turns out the Dual 9800 GTX+ in SLI was the problem. I can boot with only one card, either in White slot or Blue slot. But with the two cards in, I boot on a black screen right after login (but no more Kernel panic, I don't know why, neither at which step it stopped)

I'm getting familiar with GFX injection, because I think it could solve my problem. I've followed aquamac's guide for GFX strings - Dual Cards... no luck.

But, after following the guide, I understood a few interresting thngs in post #4 by iFabio concerning GFX Injection with my particular motherboard. There's some pre edited com.apple.boot.plist, and a particular DSDT, but there's nothing for my build. Tomorrow I will try to edit the EFI.plist proposed in post #4 by adding the line PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0). I also found in post #4 a DSDT (v3.1) to be used with 2 GFX, made by kn6600.

So, am I on the right track?

Also, is there something I should change with the Chameleon Preference Pane?

Hi JSBG.

I reply you here.

Q. The two GFX are identical?

Q. Can you post your IoregExplorer file?

Q. Which version of Chameleon you use?

----

I have "ready" a new version of DSDT (using *SDT tables and the new Chameleon 2 RC5) I just waiting 10.6.5 will OUT...

So... post your Ioreg and will see if we can inject or what we can do with your GFX..

Fabio

Please could someone help me?

I have had my Hackintosh working fine for nearly a year thanks to this guide and the previous version.

Recently I have had lot's of freezes, which can only be described as "graphical glitches". A reboot would fix the issue but after 30 minutes or even an hour, the glitches come back and renders the machine useless until a reboot.

Now last week I just couldn't boot at all. I booted to a black screen but could see the mouse arrow. Rebooting didn't fix. I can boot via safe mode -x switch but it then has lots of graphical glitches like text repeating everywhere on the screen and general graphical problems.

I THINK that the card might be overheating but it could also be a dead card. It's a 8800 GTX which has worked perfectly since day 1 :) Could it also be power supply problem?

Can anyone help? Or suggest what I should do? Buy a new card? Which one?

Many thanks!