[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

You have not completed install go back to Post #1 & follow directions there. You still have to (while in S/L) run the

installer pkg selecting i7 930 DSDT (from iso) run the audio patcher selecting (10.6.4 version if you have managed to update from software update) & run sudo touch command in terminal. See also Post #4 (iFabio) for more info about

your system requirements..

I'm not sure about iPhone for Internet or if you are using this as it is all you have woking, that said your ethernet will

not work until you do the above.. For USB WiFi to work you must find a compatible device (look at signatures) :)

Also you are getting to far ahead of yourself. I would NOT be using VodoHDA & changing to this should have

nothing to do with your audio not working. The more vanilla the install the better. Stick with the standard install & get everything working first.

Once your system is running then plug in your extra SATA H/D's / DVD's to the onboard terminals. I'm not sure

what you mean by 'PCI SATA' but geez if you have filled all the onboard slot's already you'd need a shipping

container for your hard drives :) .

If you are looking at adding further to your system see also iFabio's 2.5 fully optimised DSDT.

Yup, really few steps makes the difference... Works perfectly now :unsure:

However, I am using coolermaster HAF 922 chassis, 5 HDD and 1 removable for os switch. There are many sata controller pci card on the market, however, there are quite a few capable with Mac, since the architecture of the Mac pro do not offer any space for more HDD.

Hi,

i cant get my PC with an MSI 5770 to work (it was running great with ATI 4870). i tried update to 10.6.4, install the chameleon 518, using an ati rom... its been a long time i was not using my computer. so someone can help me to sum up what i have to do or give me a link to where i can find a solution? thks very much.

P/s: to explain my situation, i used the p6t installer package to get my PC running SL to the 10.6.3, then i replaced my graphic card with an 5770 and i was waiting for the update from apple..

Yup, really few steps makes the difference... Works perfectly now :(

However, I am using coolermaster HAF 922 chassis, 5 HDD and 1 removable for os switch. There are many sata controller pci card on the market, however, there are quite a few capable with Mac, since the architecture of the Mac pro do not offer any space for more HDD.

A Mac compatible one should work fine. Not sure how it will be recognised as in S/L tho. My PCI WiFi card works fine

but is recognised as Ethernet connection in S/L. I'm sure this could be corrected (one day ;) )

i cant get my PC with an MSI 5770 to work (it was running great with ATI 4870). i tried update to 10.6.4, install the chameleon 518, using an ati rom... its been a long time i was not using my computer. so someone can help me to sum up what i have to do or give me a link to where i can find a solution? thks very much.

P/s: to explain my situation, i used the p6t installer package to get my PC running SL to the 10.6.3, then i replaced my graphic card with an 5770 and i was waiting for the update from apple..

It's not quite that simple, your card is not a Mac one so you have plenty of research & testing to do. Try find someone

with exact same card as your's working & try what they have done, or try solution on Netkas.org, or if you're

game & have a reasonable grasp on how these system's work you could join in testing with one or both of the

following forums. Both seem to have advantages in different areas (Remember They Are TEST'S)..

[TESTING] ATI Radeon HD5xxx and HD4xxx support in Chameleon

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...231768&st=0

ATi HD5000 BootLoader !, need testers

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...231756&st=0

Mouse Recommendation?

Sorry for asking this stupid question, I have been working a lot with CAD and Photoshop on SL lately, and found that the mouse is not as smooth as in windows. May i know if you guys have any good suggestion for mouse? wired or non-wired is ok for me, no Bluetooth for now. I have some difficulties finding a good topic on mouse.

Thanks

Mouse Recommendation?

Sorry for asking this stupid question, I have been working a lot with CAD and Photoshop on SL lately, and found that the mouse is not as smooth as in windows. May i know if you guys have any good suggestion for mouse? wired or non-wired is ok for me, no Bluetooth for now. I have some difficulties finding a good topic on mouse.

Before you race out to bye a mouse note even on real Mac's the curser movement is not a perfectly smooth action but

rather by very small steps (mildly jerky movement). I gather this is just the way Apple wishes to do this for whatever

reason I'm not sure. That said in System preferences you can adjust mouse settings in both Hardware>Mouse and System>Universal Access. Have a go at finding settings that best suit you..

Mouse Recommendation?

Thanks

I've no idea about a good mouse for CAD & Photoshop, and if you don't want to use bluetooth this is not the solution, but I post anyway my experience now that we are talking about mouses. It could be useful to somebody.

I bought a USB Apple Extended Keyboard as I got Snow Leo working, and this keyboard has 2 usb ports on left & right, giving you a sort of integrated USB hub. After trying an Apple Magic Mouse to a local store, I decided to go with it: found this little XBTUS20BW Bluetooth 2 USB Adapter, it's so small that fits perfectly the integrated hub in the keyboard and disappears under it. You loose no usb port in your mobo and works perfectly with the Magic Mouse. I also installed MagicPrefs to improve mouse functionality and Spark to add shortcuts to those unused keys from F16 to F19 in the extended keyboard.

Hi there, sorry for my possible naive question.

I already have a working Hackintosh but looking to run this installation, it appears to be great.

My question and problem I see directly seams to be the file.

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15.7z.zip

it is suggested to take away the .zip part and open it with 7-zip.

If I have done my homework 7-zip is for windows.

how should I open the file using a Mac :D

( I'm no windows user I'm afraid )

I'm sure I'll have tons more to ask about later, but this would be the start.

Thanks a lot for any help.

I already have a working Hackintosh but looking to run this installation, it appears to be great.

My question and problem I see directly seams to be the file.

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15.7z.zip

how should I open the file using a Mac

( I'm no windows user I'm afraid )

I'm sure I'll have tons more to ask about later, but this would be the start.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Ok My system is a i7 920 w/ Asus P6T Deluxe V1 and GTX 275.

I just managed to get OSX 10.6.3 on a hard drive using the myhack installer.

But once I try booting from the install on my harddrive I get the HALT STATE, symbol and can not proceed. I am not sure what to do.

And I am also not really sure what to do with ktexts.

I hope you guys are willing to help me with this, since I have made use of the kextst supplied in this post, but installed my system with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Currently I have my graphics card (5850) working on a 10.6.4 installation. I only need my network cards and audio to have a fully functional system.

Being the smartass that I am; I extracted the .pkg file and found the 'ethpatcher.sh' script there. A script that does what everyone says you should do when trying to enable your network card on a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2. However, when I execute the script, or manually replace the numbers, my system hangs at the next reboot. Is there anything that I'm missing to get my network card working?

Please help me out, so I can ga to the next step of fixing my sound (HDAfix didn't work yet).

Please insert the boot 132 iso, there is a mpkg for Mac, my sound and network works fine after I finish the installation.

Btw, just wanna share with you guys, for those looking for wireless solution I got a great gadget today ..

http://tenda.cn/product/show.php?productid-371.html

It connects any wifi network, and feed a LAN to the computer, no driver is needed.

how should I open the file using a Mac

See post #1 for link to 7-zip. There is OSX version's to. As to extracting iso that stumped me, I have no experience

with compressed files & did not end up working that one out & use USB method..

EDIT: OSX does not recognise these files to burn iso, Windows must be used.

Ok My system is a i7 920 w/ Asus P6T Deluxe V1 and GTX 275.

I just managed to get OSX 10.6.3 on a hard drive using the myhack installer.

But once I try booting from the install on my harddrive I get the HALT STATE, symbol and can not proceed. I am not sure what to do.

And I am also not really sure what to do with ktexts.

This forum does not cover your install method it is unlikely anyone here can help. You are more than welcome to try

dgode's method (see post's 1,2 & 4). It is far better for Asus Mobo's.

I cant just run the packager because it breaks my current setup (with Ati HD5850 card) sadly. That's why I try to do everything manually. But still haven't figured out how to fix my network and sound.

Being an ATI GFx card owner I can sympathise with you, however [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] are very much geared up to

suit mainly Gigabyte Mobo's. Seeing as you obviously seem to have a better understanding than average I would

consider your install from the other way around.. ie I would use this install method & find what/how in the other

install method's has your HD5850 working & customise your install. The USB method can make this easier to play

around with. Remember to uncheck ignore permissions to the USB installer 1st.. . If you sort it this way please

consider posting how you got it to work here. Good luck. :happymac:

I cant just run the packager because it breaks my current setup (with Ati HD5850 card) sadly. That's why I try to do everything manually. But still haven't figured out how to fix my network and sound.

well my 5870 should arrive today or tomorrow(moving from a dead gtx285) so i have a new 1 tb HDD for osx -

set up a clean vanilla install to 10.6.4 using chameleon rc5 -

Used my working osx 10.6.4 with a 9600gt -

installed osx normally

updated using combo update to 10.6.4

updated using dmg to graphics update 1.0

use dgobes installer to set up chameleon

replace the boot file with Kabyl's one...

NOW that is as far as i have got without the card - touch wood i will put card in and boot fine off the new card!!!!!

well my 5870 should arrive today or tomorrow(moving from a dead gtx285) so i have a new 1 tb HDD for osx -

set up a clean vanilla install to 10.6.4 using chameleon rc5 -

Used my working osx 10.6.4 with a 9600gt -

installed osx normally

updated using combo update to 10.6.4

updated using dmg to graphics update 1.0

use dgobes installer to set up chameleon

replace the boot file with Kabyl's one...

NOW that is as far as i have got without the card - touch wood i will put card in and boot fine off the new card!!!!!

Have you been able to get your audio and network working. If so, can you tell me how?

Have you been able to get your audio and network working. If so, can you tell me how?

I have finally been able to install a fully functional 10.6.4 with a 5850 video card. I needed a combination of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 5xxx-3 and the contents of the "P6T Deluxe Installer v1.15.pkg" found in the .iso in this topic. To get those contents I used the "unpkg" program found here: http://www.timdoug.com/unpkg/

This is what I did:

1. Boot using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ATI 5xxx-3 found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3651
  2. Install OS X
  3. Reboot using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ATI 5xxx-3
  4. Remove [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ATI 5xxx-3 disc.
  5. Launch [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but don't let the installer run
  6. Launch and install Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo), but don't click restart when it completes
  7. Launch and install Snow Leopard Graphics Update, but don't click restart when it completes
  8. Copy the DSDT.aml from this topic that is suitable for your processor to your desktop. You can find it where you extracted the .pkg in the "i9xx/Extra" directory.
  9. Run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the following options:
    UserDSDT
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> Enablers -> ATY_Init Vervet
    - Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist -> 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
  10. Close [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and click restart on Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo) or Snow Leopard Graphics Update. You now have a working videocard, but no network and audio.
  11. Now copy all the .kext files (except fakesmc.kext) found in the extracted .pkg directory main/Extra/Extensions/ to /Extra/Extensions/. Open up [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and do a "System Utilities". After a reboot, your sound should be working.
  12. To fix your network card, download the kext here to enable your LAN card: http://www.kexts.com/view/50-marvell_yukon_88e8056.html

This made my system fully functional (as far as I know).

;)

I just working on a custom installer for Asus x58 board based on the Chameleon 2 RC5 (latest trunk)

but... with option for our mobo... :D

coming soon.

Fabio

:whistle:

No problem's here with security update.

@ iFabio, Thank's for all your hard work, the new Chameleon installer is a big step forward for all in this community

and one specific to our Mobo will be just awesome. :angel:

Would it be possible to use Fakesmc by slice or is it to complicated to include the options needed to install this

via an installer.

Is there any possibility that the installer will compatible for newer 6 core 12-thread CPU like 970 or X980?

When I build it i make the option for the know i7 9xx CPU (Just missed the 970 until now)

I think also to use hte FakeSMC by Netkas with plugin (Slice, mozodojo & usr-sse2 & Co.),

the installer coming soon (other things for now... real life is more important!).

Fabio

Tks dude. What you did is really saving peoples money.

I should think about to get a 6-core CPU now, I really love my computer now.

I would love to learn more about how to install those kernels... Are there any 101 you know in the forum? Your tutorials are amazing here, I can follow all the steps without any problem, just want to know what exactly I have to do/install/modify when I upgrade the vedio card or CPU or memory or anything.

Thanks for your help. :D

I think you mean kexts, it's not rocket science basically a kext is a folder containing information. There is heaps

of information around this & other osx 86 forums, you can also look at wiki or just google. Adding and removing

kexts even for a novice is easy however knowing which one's why and when or modifying them will require lot's

more research. As to a '101' recommendation not really as understanding the way someone has written a guide

is personal depending on what you find easy to understand.

So fire up the kettle grab some nibbles get searching and enjoy the learning experience. :)