[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

hey i did everything till taking out the 132 boot cd and putting in the snow leopard after that. I get a black screen with a lot of words and stuff... then it just keeps on saying waiting for root device im not sure what to do>?

Unbelievable! These forums are turning into 'what do I do about waiting for root device'!!!!

Seriously, can't you use the search function? It's probably THE most common issue for noobs ever. There must be 100s of posts on it!

Have you got AHCI selected in BIOS?

This afternoon I started to try the latest beta of 10.6.4

(Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Beta Build 10F46 Delta Update) to our board ...

At the moment I have not found major differences ...

The audio is always hardcode, but as of version 10.6.3 easy to circumvent ...

The system is stable and works well as in the current version 10.6.3

(Valid test on the P6T Deluxe)

1064fz.jpg

Fabio

Hello,

I finally managed to install the SL OS X with success after the third attempt. Many thanks go to dogbe and all of the other contributors who made this installation possible.

I managed to install 10.6.3 without issues, however the Mac info shows DDR2 RAM (not sure if that it is a good sign).

Thanks all!

Is 980X processor compatible with this installation?

I don't have this board yet, but i can purchase if i can install Snow leopard with 980X processor on Asus P6T Deluxe V2.

Currently I have Asus Rampage Extreme II + 980X.

TIA,

barshad

Is 980X processor compatible with this installation?

I don't have this board yet, but i can purchase if i can install Snow leopard with 980X processor on Asus P6T Deluxe V2.

Currently I have Asus Rampage Extreme II + 980X.

TIA,

barshad

Yes the P6T Deluxe is compatible with 980x the same as other x58 board.

we need the ACPI dump to make a DSDT for this processor (is 6 core + 6 virtual core) the i7 is 4+4 until the 975

Fabio

Hi Guys,

Many many thanks for this greatfull tutorial.

Just installed everything on a P6T deluxe V2+Core i7920&GTX 275 and all is running smoothly

However i was wondering why in System Profiler my memory is announced as DDR2 800Mhz (i have 3x2Go G.Skill PC12800 PI DDR3 Series)

Is it only cosmetics or do i have to make something?

Thanks by advance for your answers

Could someone PLEASE help & set me in the right direction. I am going by the guide from Post #2 (Flash Drive Install) for my 1st attempt at OSX on PC. After several week's (& months of research) I'm still almost the beginning.

The Post start's by saying download the "ISO" at the bottom of Post #1. I have downloaded firstly

'_boot_132v1.14 & now '_boot_132v1.14.7z.zip via both Firefox & Safari as directions, removed .zip.

Opening this expands 8 separate par2 folders (No ISO file)? Am I missing something here? Later it ask's

to move the "ISO" to the desktop & "RUN" This to me is windows terminology to Open/Use a programme. I know of

no specific OSX meaning to RUN', then the guide ask's to choose DSDT (3.3_920 for me) & change install location to Flash drive.

Is this done when the 'Install Package' 'Run'/s or with DSDTSE Programme or other ?

Then it ask's to add installer package to Flash Drive, is this simply meaning as it say's or does it mean adding the package into a file folder in the actual S/L on the flash drive.

It seems now the more I read the more confused about this I become.

I'm sure there is something simple I am misinterpreting/missing & I'll feel like a total dweeb once I'm pointed in the right direction.. :wallbash:

Thanks.

Asus P6T Deluxe V2/ i7 920/ Kingston HyperX DDR3 2000/ Sapphire 4870x2 (next challenge)

* Found several Links to installer pkg throughout thread but none at bottom of post #1 as per Guide*

Well, system is nearly perfect now, everybody agrees that decalring a MacPro 4.1 is the way to go...but there is always the same doubt about Fakesmc:

-Dgobe's installer uses the one from Andy Vandijck with mods by @@smith

-Fc Bayern uses the original one from Netkas 'cause of a -7° (with no mod at all?)

-iFabio too uses the original from Netkas, but modded with full keys from a real MacPro4,1 (and the smc turkley + rev version)

So...which is better for you and why?

Question and discussion is not only open to Dgobe, FC Bayern and iFabio, but to all other users !

hi!

thx for the guide.

i got everything working accept the firewire port. when i plug ad hdd over firewire i need to restart computer for it to c the drive . try to google firewire mount fix but with no luck. can i use the firewire mount fix come with ipc to fix the problem ? is there fasterway then have to booth ipc and install the firewiremoutn fix ?

Well, system is nearly perfect now, everybody agrees that decalring a MacPro 4.1 is the way to go...but there is always the same doubt about Fakesmc:

-Dgobe's installer uses the one from Andy Vandijck with mods by @@smith

-Fc Bayern uses the original one from Netkas 'cause of a -7° (with no mod at all?)

-iFabio too uses the original from Netkas, but modded with full keys from a real MacPro4,1 (and the smc turkley + rev version)

So...which is better for you and why?

Question and discussion is not only open to Dgobe, FC Bayern and iFabio, but to all other users !

ITALIANO

Ciao st3p

Te lo scrivo in italiano perche' in inglese non saprei esprimermi e farei confusione.

In tutti e 3 i casi da te citati sopra... l'eseguibile all'interno dello kext e' lo stesso non e' cambiato nulla,

anche la mod di Andy non e' altro che una "miglioria" nata per i portatili ma che ha dato un piccolo inpulso a successive modifiche e migliorie per altre mod...

ora differenze:

L'originale - funziona benissimo con o senza modifiche per coincidere con il modello mac

Andy - E' identico all'originale ma nel .plist ha delle modifiche per caricare degli kext (necessita anche aggiunte nel DSDT), kext per portatili.

Quello che uso io - E' l'originale su base netkas con le chiavi SMC di un vero MacPro4,1 e la versione e la chiave di "decriptaggio" sempre di un MacPro4,1

La differenza sostanziale la trovi nel .plist all'interno dello kext, sia in Andy che nel mio caso il .plist e' piu' completo "moddato" quindi il sistema riceve piu' velocemente le chiavi che cerca, anche se quest'ultime sono non necessarie, sembra un controsenso ma e' cosi'... ecco spiegata la differenza di velocita' al boot :(

per altri dubbi ti rimando ai rispettivi topic:

ANDY - FakeSMC 2.5 for Snow Leopard, Leopard, Tiger 10.4.11

Italiano - FakeSMC2.5 mod

st3p potresti tradurre questa pappardella? grazie...

ENGLISH

coming soon

Fabio

ITALIANO

Ciao st3p

Te lo scrivo in italiano perche' in inglese non saprei esprimermi e farei confusione.

In tutti e 3 i casi da te citati sopra... l'eseguibile all'interno dello kext e' lo stesso non e' cambiato nulla,

anche la mod di Andy non e' altro che una "miglioria" nata per i portatili ma che ha dato un piccolo inpulso a successive modifiche e migliorie per altre mod...

ora differenze:

L'originale - funziona benissimo con o senza modifiche per coincidere con il modello mac

Andy - E' identico all'originale ma nel .plist ha delle modifiche per caricare degli kext (necessita anche aggiunte nel DSDT), kext per portatili.

Quello che uso io - E' l'originale su base netkas con le chiavi SMC di un vero MacPro4,1 e la versione e la chiave di "decriptaggio" sempre di un MacPro4,1

La differenza sostanziale la trovi nel .plist all'interno dello kext, sia in Andy che nel mio caso il .plist e' piu' completo "moddato" quindi il sistema riceve piu' velocemente le chiavi che cerca, anche se quest'ultime sono non necessarie, sembra un controsenso ma e' cosi'... ecco spiegata la differenza di velocita' al boot ;)

per altri dubbi ti rimando ai rispettivi topic:

st3p potresti tradurre questa pappardella? grazie...

ENGLISH

coming soon

Fabio

Ciao iFabio!!! E' sempre un piacere sentirti ! Buona spiegazione, esauriente come sempre!

In ogni modo li proverò , con relative temperature e bench. E come al solito farò un report per la conoscenza di tutti, nel weekend.

Ti ringrazio, ti saluto...e passo alla traduzione!

-Hi everybody! I translate here in english for all of you what iFabio wrote me in his previous message 'cause this is common knowledge & interest:

Hi st3p

In all 3 situations above, the executable inside the kext is right the same, untouched.

Also Andy's mod is just an improvement fot laptops that inspired other mods & improvements.

Now, the differences:

Original Kext - Works wonders with or without any mod to fit Mac's model.

Andy's - Just like the original, but its .plist includes mods to load other kexts needed mostly by laptops (and to do this, it needs also some more DSDT entries).

The one I use - It's "Netkas-based" but with a real MacPro4,1's SMC keys, version and decripting keys.

You find real differences in the .plist file inside the kext, both in mine and in Andy's, the .plist is most complete, so that the system can acquire faster the keys it's looking for...even if they are not needed! Looks like a nonsense, but that's it! And this is why you get a faster boot.

For any doubt, here are the original threads:

Yes the P6T Deluxe is compatible with 980x the same as other x58 board.

we need the ACPI dump to make a DSDT for this processor (is 6 core + 6 virtual core) the i7 is 4+4 until the 975

Fabio

Can you please give me your dsdt.aml and/or any other files specific to this motherboard+cpu (980X) installtion ?

Thank you in Advance,

Hi all,

It's been a long time that I didn't post anything here !

so, I have many problem. first thing first.

my DVD drive is apparently crashed, the drawer opens again and again...

and two days ago, I had the chance to see my system crash completely ... (what a lucky guy)

Hopefully, I had all saved on my time machine !

so I start to reinstall, it's a pain to do it with the broken dvd drive, because It works but when the drawer opens once, you have to start over again.

But I had the idea to take my blu ray drive from another computer of mine.

So I could do the complete install, worked like a charm ... until the driver install.

The steps I did :

- Install os X with a retail disk.

- Restart with the boot 132

- Install The drivers contained within the 1.15 pkg

- sudo touch /s/l/e ...

then I got a kernel panic...

after a reboot.

It gets stuck on "Firewire (OHCI) Vendor ID 1106 ID 3044 built-in now active, GUID ... max speed s400"

I tried to reinstall completely, but I got exactly the same. any advice ?

BTW, my config is the one in my signature.

Hi Blingz,

I to am new however frow what I understand about your problem is once you have managed to

download the iso (my problem see post #837) you should open it to find amoungst other things

a zipped file named P6T_Deluxe_M??.?.pkg.zip (?= Latest Version # unknown to me until my problem solved), this will open dgobe's briliant installer prog. open this on your desktop make

sure you select your Flash Drive (USB) as the "install location" then install... add your DSDT,

cont. with dgobe's guide and Whalla :)

Hope that should help you.

P.S. If I'm wrong someone may correct me and at least it should get you started.

Hi guys! After being without pc for a while i figured id give this a go again =)

I was woundering. Right now im installing SL, but what was it that i had to do to get my GTX285 to work properly? Wasnt there a step to get it working as it should?

Tried searching but i guess the search engine is down or something.. got no hits on Nvidia??

New fakesmc thread here with plugin support.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...c=1206&st=0

svn repo here:

https://www.assembla.com/code/fakesmc/subversion/nodes

Some DSDT tweaks needed to name the sensors.....maybe someone has time to test?

Great Nice

Hope Fabio will make nesessary changes to the DSDT

Hi There,

its me again my installation never actually worked properly and I think it was mainly because of my graphics card which was an ATi 5750. well I have decided to change it and I am here to do the noobie thing and ask all of you what do you think is best to get instead.

I been looking around and kinda got a list of possibilities but better hear first hand from someone using same mobo and installation guide. Dgobe an some others here use GTX260 and sounds good but some say in other threads about it showing less memory on about this mac and other minor problems that might in fact be big ones for some uses.

Mainly I want my system to use FCP and Adobe AE and a bit of Maya and possibly Shake in the future. but have no big budget to get something iFabio would like(Quadro FX 5600 holly macaroni!!!!) so what ya guys say?

thx in advance

Hi guys! After being without pc for a while i figured id give this a go again =)

I was woundering. Right now im installing SL, but what was it that i had to do to get my GTX285 to work properly? Wasnt there a step to get it working as it should?

Tried searching but i guess the search engine is down or something.. got no hits on Nvidia??

GraphicsEnabler works perfectly for me on my 285.

Hi,

Iwould first like to say thanks for the guide, it has helped me alot but im having problems.

I managed to install snow 10.6 yesterday through the the usb method, BUT after i run the .pkg and restart, I cant load uo snow leopard anymore , it just says you must restart everytime.

I was wondering if someone could help me?

Thanks